- - - - -

Nerfed Damage

10 replies to this topic

#1 FirstRock

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 10:56 PM

280 damage blank range machine guns ct mech still alive???????????

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 12:02 AM

U got and video? I doubty that it was blank range ct, since strafing the mech it's near impossible to get an angle on the ct the hole time. And I would rate myself an pretty good light pilot. Important is, to ignore the mg animation an just aim for the crosshair.

Even small wiggle can mitigate alot of the dmg to side torso and arms. That one reason, why legs are such an good target with brawlers (sure Ulu can shield one leg and buy one or two more shots, but in the end u ared doomed once legged)

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 22 December 2023 - 12:03 AM.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 December 2023 - 03:09 AM

View PostFirstRock, on 21 December 2023 - 10:56 PM, said:

280 damage blank range machine guns ct mech still alive???????????
Why do you believe you did 280 damage with MGs? Do you have a recording of that event? Even an Adder W with 14xHMG loadout would have to hold fire on the enemy's CT for over 14 seconds to achieve that.

Edited by Horseman, 23 December 2023 - 03:19 AM.

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 December 2023 - 06:38 AM

View PostHorseman, on 23 December 2023 - 03:09 AM, said:

Why do you believe you did 280 damage with MGs? Do you have a recording of that event? Even an Adder W with 14xHMG loadout would have to hold fire on the enemy's CT for over 14 seconds to achieve that.

Although I agree, are you including the possible crit increase?

Teasing aside, if it was end of match score saying he did 280 damage and he only shot one mech once...? (I have had that happen before where I engaged a single mech (piranha if it mattered) where I engaged and only shot at that one mech and they killed me, and end of match score said I did something like 300+ damage to the light mech... It was... strange. No, I don't believe I have any evidence anymore of this. It was years ago.) Without additional information, the original post is more hyperbole than anything else, which also means we can't say or do anything more to help.

So... Hey! OP! Additional information please?

#5 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 December 2023 - 11:49 AM

He likes to pop onto the forums and vent, then ignore all attempts to help him...

Edited by Void Angel, 23 December 2023 - 11:49 AM.

#6 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 01:46 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 23 December 2023 - 11:49 AM, said:

He likes to pop onto the forums and vent, then ignore all attempts to help him...

Maybe. I'm just saying we have all seen some strange things happen in this game over the years... But without additional knowledge no one can help. A lack of response here and there (I thought I recognized the post) is not overly helpful...

#7 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 December 2023 - 03:05 PM

Yep!

He's not particularly new, either. He's an old-school player who's coming back after inactivity. I thought I recognized the style of post...

#8 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 24 December 2023 - 08:46 PM

The OP has not returned since he posted his rant.

#9 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 December 2023 - 10:38 PM

Who could have predicted it?!

#10 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 09:14 AM

No different than those people who charge into the enemy team alone and without communicating to their team, then rant about how bad the team was and "you all suck" with obligatory leaving the match before anyone can respond in return to them...

Here I am just more wondering what actually happened to this person. To get an alpha that high, I am guessing massed rocket pods. If he was face hugging and shooting the rocket pods, they now have a minimum range (last I knew) on them, which would result in his apparent no damage report here.

I do not know how one could do and calculate a 250 damage MG face tank. That would require so many MGs, I don't think any mechs would even have the hard points to carry it...

So, unless the OP responds back, we will just remain shrouded in misery... I mean mystery...

#11 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 December 2023 - 01:58 PM

View PostTesunie, on 25 December 2023 - 09:14 AM, said:

That would require so many MGs, I don't think any mechs would even have the hard points to carry it...
Adder W (Warthog) can do 14xHMG. That's the most you get in the game and still demands 14s of sustained fire to deal that much damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users