Game Que Option

6 replies to this topic

#1 FR33MAN417

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 11:35 AM

If Larger groups of players want to que together let there be a separate que for that, I would think a 8+ group que and they will only get a match if another = or greater size group ques up.

#2 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 26 December 2023 - 11:36 AM

I LOVE this idea!

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 December 2023 - 12:04 PM

We used to have a queue just for groups. But population in the game was much higher then, so they merged the queues into one. One of the side effects of a game being online over 10 years...

#4 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 08:31 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 26 December 2023 - 12:04 PM, said:

We used to have a queue just for groups. But population in the game was much higher then, so they merged the queues into one. One of the side effects of a game being online over 10 years...

Not gonna lie, sometimes it seems that merged queues and groups in QP is what drives population out of MWO, with how unbalanced teams may be with groups stacked on one side...

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 27 December 2023 - 09:37 PM

A group of 4 can be unbalancing, yes, but I’ve never found two groups of two to have an outsized impact on a team. It’s all about how many mechs are coordinating.

but it’s important for people to be able to log on and play with friends, so we need some kind of team option in quick play.

#6 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 28 December 2023 - 07:22 AM

I think, if it is a Separate Que option it would be a good idea. Even after all this time I still see unit groups trying to Sync Que all thew time. AND if it is a ADDITIONAL que option, then I dont see that making a huge effect on those still single dropping or 4 person group teams dropping in regular quick play.

I would think it could be a drop down option under the quickplay option like how you choose what servers to play on!

#7 LightStone

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 09:42 AM

Ive always wanted to drop with more friendlies at a time without being in factions. Its what makes units so good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users