4 replies to this topic

#1 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 26 December 2023 - 11:39 AM

Would it be possible to make them "WHILE IN A DISCONNECTED STATE" be invulnerable for say the first 5 minutes or at least 3 to give the players a chance to reconnect without lights running over to get a quick free kill. And IF/ONCE the player reconnects the state returns to normal?

Only allow it once and within the first 5 minutes of the game. I have yet to see someone disconnect multiple times in a match. Not saying it doesn't happen, just that it is not often enough to warrant multiple "invulnerablys'

Edited by HardDrive, 26 December 2023 - 05:55 PM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,834 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 December 2023 - 12:03 PM

I'm gonna vote no on that one. Because I could totally work up a way to exploit that and drop in and out of "disconnected" status while playing.

#3 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 02:36 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 26 December 2023 - 12:03 PM, said:

I'm gonna vote no on that one. Because I could totally work up a way to exploit that and drop in and out of "disconnected" status while playing.

Not exactly sure how you would, as soon as you re-connect to move it "should" go away. But ok There is a easy fix for that. Only allow it once and within the first 5 minutes of the game. I have yet to see someone disconnect multiple times in a match. Not saying it doesn't happen, just that it is not often enough to warrant multiple "invulnerablys'

#4 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 08:30 AM

I would argue that much better solution would be to get a simple AI to control disco mechs, instead of them still being a dead weight for the team, just much less removable one. But if mechs will only be invulnerable until the player connects to server first time, then this wouldn't hurt anybody, so why not, i'd say this could be good too.

#5 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 04:38 PM

View PostJumpingHunter, on 27 December 2023 - 08:30 AM, said:

I would argue that much better solution would be to get a simple AI to control disco mechs, instead of them still being a dead weight for the team, just much less removable one. But if mechs will only be invulnerable until the player connects to server first time, then this wouldn't hurt anybody, so why not, i'd say this could be good too.

Yeah even The AI would be better than what happens now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users