Help Me

6 replies to this topic

#1 Thanatos74

Rookie

• Stone Cold
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 04:53 PM

Hello all,

I haven't played in a year, since Xmas 2022 so I'm a noob by time lapse.

I did a search on radar deprivation and it found nothing.

Almost all my mechs have radar dep, but when I look at the skill tree, those nodes show in RED and there is a warning that "some of the nodes in this skill tree have no effect on your current mech loadout."

But I can't find anything to explain what happened to radar dep or how to make it work again.

All I know now is when I move out of visual contact I'm still getting hit by missiles and there isn't a UAV present, I have not been NARC'ed nor am I TAGged.

If you can't tell me why radar dep isn't working on my mechs, can you direct me to the patch notes that might explain why?

Regards,

Rob

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 December 2023 - 06:44 PM

Well the radar derp nodes are always red. Each one adds 19% deprivation.

Does the mech in question have any built in radar derp?

#3 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 173 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:13 AM

Hi ! I was dealing with similar problem recently, in that blob of skills there are 2 skills for thingie called ECM, if your mech cant equip it then it will tell you that "some nodes have no effect". Posted Image

Also its the ECM that makes you "immune" to being targeted, deprivation only makes it end faster, but the moment someones sees you, they can target you. Posted Image

Edited by torsie, 27 December 2023 - 01:14 AM.

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:32 PM

View PostThanatos74, on 26 December 2023 - 04:53 PM, said:

Hello all,

I haven't played in a year, since Xmas 2022 so I'm a noob by time lapse.

I did a search on radar deprivation and it found nothing.

Almost all my mechs have radar dep, but when I look at the skill tree, those nodes show in RED and there is a warning that "some of the nodes in this skill tree have no effect on your current mech loadout."

But I can't find anything to explain what happened to radar dep or how to make it work again.

All I know now is when I move out of visual contact I'm still getting hit by missiles and there isn't a UAV present, I have not been NARC'ed nor am I TAGged.

If you can't tell me why radar dep isn't working on my mechs, can you direct me to the patch notes that might explain why?

Regards,

Rob

View Posttorsie, on 27 December 2023 - 01:13 AM, said:

Hi ! I was dealing with similar problem recently, in that blob of skills there are 2 skills for thingie called ECM, if your mech cant equip it then it will tell you that "some nodes have no effect". Posted Image

Yep, that's it. The game wants you to know that some of those skills can't be activated, so that people don't just assume that Jump Jet skills let them jump and waste the skill points.

For radar deprivation, it's important to know a few things: You'll notice that when someone peeks over a hill to shoot at you, then retreats into cover, their red box and target information stay for a few seconds. This is called "target decay," and you can buy skill nodes to increase the time you retain information (and missile locks) if you're using lock-on weapons. However, Radar Deprivation is a hard counter to both the Target Decay skill nodes and the organic target decay delay, because it reduces the whole duration (skills, quirks, etc) by the listed percentage per node.

Now, whenever Radar Deprivation activates, you will hear a chirp. This chirp is the reason that I virtually always spend the points to have at least one Radar Deprivation node: it tells me any time someone has lost sight of me after I have been spotted. It's an invaluable resource for a Light pilot trying to scout the enemy team, for example, and the information is always useful to some degree.

#5 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 28 December 2023 - 06:51 AM

I almost always have three nodes of Radar Dep if I am not already a mech with ECM. Often, if the nodes are not really needed elsewhere, I grab all five.

#6 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 28 December 2023 - 01:13 PM

My non-ecm Lights highly value Radar Deprivation - not because it breaks LRM locks, but because it denies the enemy team data on my movements. I can start in one direction behind cover, and then swap to an entirely different direction when I hear the locks break; it makes me a lot harder to hunt down when I'm playing in the rear.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 January 2024 - 08:28 AM

In addition to the chirp, there is a yellow light that flashes in your cockpit too, but the light flash isn't as noticeable when the chirp is when you realize what it is. (When they first introduced radar dep in the form of a module, they had those two notifications but didn't inform anyone iirc. The players had to figure it out. I theorize they added those for internal testing to know if the feature worked and just didn't take it out.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users