171 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 04:20 PM

MechWarrior Online Legends 2024 Q1 Intel
Greetings MechWarrior!
Welcome to the 2024 Q1 Intel Update! We wanted to take this time to fill you in on what we are working on and planning for MechWarrior Online Legends for January, February, and March Patches as well as other general MechWarrior-related updates.

january

January Free Mech Event:
The January Free Mech(s) event has been posted and has 2 Jenner Mechs and a lowered Match score requirement its a short event so get out there and get your free mechs!
Upcoming January Legends:
The Victor "Li Dok To" Legendary Mech
The Executioner "Sovereign" Legendary Mech
Look for more details in the Patch Notes this Friday!
January Patch will be the 23rd and the full patch notes will be up this Friday.
There will also be the usual weapon and equipment changes coming in this patch thanks to the Cauldron!

FEBRUARY

February Free Mech Event:
We'd Like to hear some Ideas from the community for the February Free Mech! Post your requests in this thread!
Upcoming February Legends:
The Warhawk "Kasai" Legendary Mech has an amazing paint job
and the Black Knight "Red Reaper II" will feature the first heavy shield!
WIP of the "Red Reaper II"
The February Patch will be Feb 20th and Patch Notes will be posted the Friday before.

MARCH

March Free Mech Event:
The Traditional Lucky Charms Event will happen in March and We will Bring back Hero Mech Pick a Prive for Lucky Charms!
Upcoming March Weapons:
I am excited to reveal we have some new weapons that are currently in development!
Inner Sphere weapons:
- Light AC/2 and AC/5: A modified version of the Autocannon that sacrifices cooldown and range for a lighter weight.
- Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle: A modified gauss rifle that fires its shells in a spread pattern with a rapid cooldown.
- Magshot Gauss Rifle: A much smaller gauss rifle designed for targeting smaller opponents.
- Thunderbolt Missile 5, 10, 15, 20: A medium range, lock on, high payload missile system.
Clan weapons:
- Proto AC/2, AC4, and AC/8: Similar to IS LACs, a modified Autocannon with increased weight savings, longer cooldown, and shorter range.
- AP Gauss Rifle: A much smaller gauss rifle designed for targeting smaller opponents.
- Beam Laser: A variation of the X-Pulse laser, this large class laser gives a continuous beam output.
- Plasma Cannon: A lighter version of the Clan ERPPC, this weapon deals a slight amount of heat damage along with regular damage.
Keep in mind these weapons still have to be balanced and tested but we are excited to bring more variety to spice up your loadouts!
The March Patch will be March 19th and Patch Notes will be posted the Friday before.
And in other MechWarrior News!
We will be announcing the title and content for DLC 6 for MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries.
This will be revealed (hopefully) before the end of January or Early February.
so get ready to wishlist MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries DLC 6 when that announcement is up!
We have more information coming on the Development of MechWarrior 5 Clans in February.
We look forward to your feedback.
The MechWarrior Dev Team!

#2 Justin_Xiang

• Pip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 04:29 PM

Love the idea of shields..keep up the good work.

#3 Captain Dictator

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 04:38 PM

LMFAO, so to get around Cauldron swearing they will never add the Clan's Plasma Cannon, they make a Plasma PPC and simply name it the Plasma Cannon

#4 LavaDa1shi

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationFederated Commenwealth

Posted 16 January 2024 - 04:47 PM

I am very excited for the new stuff coming, especially for the new weapons in march.

#5 King Yellowman

• Pip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 04:51 PM

heavy shield huh.. does this mean we will eventually get a light shield and an assault shield? looks very cool i cant wait Posted Image

#6 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 04:55 PM

Since you look forward to feedback - more communication would be appreciated. This post is great, but there's still an issue of Event Queue that got canceled and we never heard anything else as to why or what's gonna happen next.
Shields are definitely pog. New weapons are cool I guess.
But the best thing ever would be if there was a patch that was solely focused on game's optimization and QoL improvements. Perhaps optimize some old maps that were made poorly (Solaris City and it's Z-fighting issue) or finally implement some optimizations from MrVaad.
You already showed us during bolt-on problem that PGI has engineers that can take care of it, so just do it, I'm sure Legendary mechs bring enough money to get an engineer for MWO. Especially considering 1 Legendary mech costs the same as 1 MW5 DLC and you put out 2 Legendary mechs each month, but MWO gets no love, while MW5 has an entire team working on 15$ DLC for couple of month.

#7 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 05:00 PM

Also, bring back Forest Colony (Classic) and Forest Colony Snow (Classic).
Also, changing Time Of Day setting for some maps each month would be cool to bring some variety into the same old maps.

#8 Miriage

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 05:00 PM

Free light hero mech in February please, preferably something not used a lot so we can give some love to these unused variants

#9 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 16 January 2024 - 05:15 PM

While I'm quite excited for new weapons,but I'm also kinda disappointed with he lack of new equipment or upgrades added in like Apollo fire control that would give mrm's better spread, or implement that small cockpit and compact gyro and cockpit.

#10 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 05:19 PM

Very exciting!

Except for the Thunderbolts being lock-on. Lore be #@%&ed, it'd be SO VASTLY better to have an actual fun projectile weapon that isn't tied to the depth-less, non-interactive, lock-on mechanics of this game. Or to have one more option for missle hardpoints that doesn't force you to use that accursed system; simultaneously feeling like watching paint dry to play, and making every light pilot in the match vow to strike you down in justified righteous fury. It had BETTER be like the MW4 version that took about a week to acquire a lock, and was better off being dumbfired 99% of the time anyways Posted Image

Angry rant aside, it's great to see this game get so much love after so long; a big thank you to everyone involved!

Edited by Wraith 1, 16 January 2024 - 05:21 PM.

#11 Arthen00

• Pip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 05:54 PM

That is a heavier HCT-7R... and a heavier Gargoyle.

I am near sure weapons that transfer heat and damage were considered too over powered by the people responsible for "balancing". How long for Inferno Missiles? Guess they are fine now.

However, it is good to see more equipment added to the game.

Still waiting for the "will never be added" / "too over powered" Improved Heavy Gauss.

Edit: Grammar and accuracy.

Edited by Arthen00, 16 January 2024 - 06:02 PM.

#12 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 06:07 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 January 2024 - 04:20 PM, said:

- Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle: A modified gauss rifle that fires its shells in a spread pattern with a rapid cooldown.

Essentially, something like what Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles are supposed to be?

- Thunderbolt Missile 5, 10, 15, 20: A medium range, lock on, high payload missile system.

How viable will it be in the game with all those things such as omnipresent ECM, Radar Derp, AMS, etc.?

- Plasma Cannon: A lighter version of the Clan ERPPC, this weapon deals a slight amount of heat damage along with regular damage.

Plasma Cannon should deal a lot of heat and no damage in the medium range. I am not sure that the MWO need another Clan sniping weapon.

Also, I am surprised that you are giving the Clans Plasma Cannon, while not giving the Inner Sphere Plasma Rifle.

Especially surprising, since you have been concerned with big Clan laser vomit 'Mechs and IS Plasma Rifle (combining damage, range and heat) would be useful for countering that.

We'd Like to hear some Ideas from the community for the February Free Mech! Post your requests in this thread!

Essentially any 'Mech that has not been a free 'Mech before. Champion? Hellfire? Bushwacker or Black Lanner? Many possible 'Mechs.

#13 Vector01

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 06:12 PM

As far as free mechs go, I'd love to see one of the better Roughnecks, those things are still pretty tough and I'd love to see more of them on teams.

#14 Mimi The Pathetic

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 06:29 PM

Blood Asp Rancor for February free mech!!!!

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,791 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 06:33 PM

cool, new guns. maybe march legendaries should be lights and/or mediums to take advantage of the lacs and pacs and mini gauss rifles.

how is the charge gonna work on apgauss/magshot, are we still gonna be limited to 2? no charge? something else?

Edited by LordNothing, 16 January 2024 - 06:34 PM.

#16 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 06:37 PM

Rising sun really...?

#17 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 06:48 PM

- Beam Laser: A variation of the X-Pulse laser, this large class laser gives a continuous beam output.

Beam Laser? Really? I like we are getting more new content but come on.

- Plasma Cannon: A lighter version of the Clan ERPPC, this weapon deals a slight amount of heat damage along with regular damage

Other than getting the Clan Plasma Canon mixed up with IS Plasma Rifle and no mention of Plasma Cannons/Rifles requiring Ammo, I can easily see this being a pain to balance considering how MWO treats heat.

Edited by Steel Raven, 16 January 2024 - 09:50 PM.

#18 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:00 PM

All I can think of when I read the Beam Laser is Special Beam Cannon!

Edited by -Ramrod-, 16 January 2024 - 07:01 PM.

#19 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:05 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 16 January 2024 - 05:15 PM, said:

While I'm quite excited for new weapons,but I'm also kinda disappointed with he lack of new equipment or upgrades added in like Apollo fire control that would give mrm's better spread, or implement that small cockpit and compact gyro and cockpit.

Those are saved for variants, not for overall use

View PostArthen00, on 16 January 2024 - 05:54 PM, said:

That is a heavier HCT-7R... and a heavier Gargoyle.

I am near sure weapons that transfer heat and damage were considered too over powered by the people responsible for "balancing". How long for Inferno Missiles? Guess they are fine now.

However, it is good to see more equipment added to the game.

Still waiting for the "will never be added" / "too over powered" Improved Heavy Gauss.

Edit: Grammar and accuracy.

Heavier gargoyle? The exe is actually gonna go slower this time around

View Postmartian, on 16 January 2024 - 06:07 PM, said:

Essentially, something like what Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles are supposed to be?

How viable will it be in the game with all those things such as omnipresent ECM, Radar Derp, AMS, etc.?

Plasma Cannon should deal a lot of heat and no damage in the medium range. I am not sure that the MWO need another Clan sniping weapon.

Also, I am surprised that you are giving the Clans Plasma Cannon, while not giving the Inner Sphere Plasma Rifle.

Especially surprising, since you have been concerned with big Clan laser vomit 'Mechs and IS Plasma Rifle (combining damage, range and heat) would be useful for countering that.

[/size][/font]
Essentially any 'Mech that has not been a free 'Mech before. Champion? Hellfire? Bushwacker or Black Lanner? Many possible 'Mechs.

The hags technically weren't meant to be a shotgun

#20 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:11 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 16 January 2024 - 07:05 PM, said:

The hags technically weren't meant to be a shotgun

"When an HAG hits a target, roll on the appropriate column of the Cluster Hits Table." Straight from the Total Warfare rulebook.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users