Menu General

14 replies to this topic

#1 Pilot Black Dagger

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 07:13 AM

As of today's date, I have been getting Disconnected from Server pop ups thus causing me to go to the login screen. I could be in a match, testing grounds, or mech bays and I will get disconnected for no reason. I have no internet issues on all my other games (new and old). Do note: I have been having this issue randomly on and off within the past 3 months. If anyone knows what the actual issue could be, please help me out here. I just wanna play my big stompy mech game with friends.

#2 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 07:22 AM

Check file integrity. Are you using standalone client or Steam?

#3 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 January 2024 - 07:30 AM

Same to me. Getting some lag and discos. Probably a hop to the servers is bugging out or something.

#4 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:02 AM

Yes, there BestBuy Chinese Blade servers are breaking down once again you think they would buy quality US blade servers to run this game on? Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 03:44 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 23 January 2024 - 08:02 AM, said:

Yes, there BestBuy Chinese Blade servers are breaking down once again you think they would buy quality US blade servers to run this game on? Posted Image Posted Image

If you've been around the internet for a while, you'd know that it's not necessarily the server's fault. But hey, jump to conclusions.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 12:36 AM

Routing issues, would be my guess. Tried flushDNS and another DNS server already?

#7 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 01:43 AM

This thread was moved to Workarounds

#8 Celegun

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 03:58 AM

Might be related. The mwomercs website sometimes would not load the pages. And I cannot login at all to the game. Just for the launcher to load news etc is slow.

#9 Celegun

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 04:03 AM

Try to use the ipconfig release, flushdns and renew . It seems to have fixed the issue

#10 veganshark

Rookie

• Sergeant-Major
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 07:12 PM

Are there any particular instructions from MWO on how to fix this issue? I think i might have fixed this with switching to my cellualr internet connection - I guess Ill find out after the game lets me connect after a 20 minute penalty. Ive been playing in the xmas commando so hopefully hurting my team less than in an assault with which most people seem to disconnect from the game.

I had this issue happen to me last month. Then, reinstalling the gmae seemed to fix the problem. I havent played the game for a week or so and today Ive been trying to join but keep having the same issue, whether I connect to foreign or the US servers. I dont have internet connection problems else where, my sppeed is between 275-500 MBs/s and my ping low.

Edited by veganshark, 27 January 2024 - 07:15 PM.

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,729 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 January 2024 - 08:46 PM

Switching ISP, ie home ISP to using your mobile connection, as long as it is not going through your ISP router, has the potential to give a different pathing routing. Using a VPN could also provide similar results, provided the issue isnt with your ISP internal routing system.

This is also why some companies will have a backup ISP/carrier to switch over if the primary ISP has issues. Bits when underground cables get cut, worse when it happens at TWO different locations with some distance between them, on the same cable line.

#12 Aylees_Amarageet

Rookie

• Sergeant
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2024 - 05:46 PM

I have this issue or at least a similar issue. I get disconnected every 5 minutes. There is no error or crash to go with the disconnections. I have been in contact with PGI support. they sent a list of instructions to try to fix it, then did as they instructed, and it's still not fixed. My ISP has been here twice and will come again tomorrow morning to check things, though there is nothing wrong with the service, devices, connections, or any other source they can find. A tracert shows the disconnections happen halfway between my computer and MWO NA Servers, I don't get a chance to test Oceanic or European servers. No one will claim the issue to fix it. DNS flush was done TCP addresses for port forwarding have been changed to instructed level. I tried contacting PGI support again and have heard nothing back since February 8th. I have been having disconnection issues that have become progressively worse since the January Jenner Event. I'm not sure what is going on but I'm very frustrated. If anyone has some idea on what else to try, I'd really appreciate any further troubleshooting ideas. OH also, I had the game through Steam. Deleted the game and reinstalled the game. It didn't work. Went straight through the official site for the game, didn't work. Used the repair tool, didn't work. And yes defrag, security checks, whitelisting with antivirus program and firewall have been done.

#13 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 February 2024 - 03:47 PM

you have done much already. Have you also tried to use a differen dns server? I hope your issue can besolved.

#14 LARPBeard

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 10:44 AM

Been having these constant disconnections when trying to play for the last two weeks or so. been busy at work so I thought it's a temp issue that will be amended, but nope, back after two weeks and yet again. while Internet connectivity isn't at all decreased.

#15 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,729 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 June 2024 - 11:31 AM

View PostLARPBeard, on 31 May 2024 - 10:44 AM, said:

Been having these constant disconnections when trying to play for the last two weeks or so. been busy at work so I thought it's a temp issue that will be amended, but nope, back after two weeks and yet again. while Internet connectivity isn't at all decreased.

Unless you are sitting in the PGI server room, you have to take int consideration all the other businesses your connection passes through. And speed tests does not mean much unless you are aiming for the PGI servers. I can run a speed test for the closest server and get great speed/ping/etc but then ping servers in other states/locations and have said speeds drop/ping increase and package loss.
  • Unplug Router/Modem/Gateway for 30 secs.
  • Wired or Wireless? Wired/cable - check all connectors are actually tight. Loosen then tighten back up.
  • DNS Flush
  • Change DNS from default/ISP to Google/Level3/etc
  • ISP and location? And have you checked/search for your ISP and connectivity issues?
  • Type of connection Wired or Wireless? Brand/Model of router, modem or gateway (combo router/modem)
    • ISP updates to modem/gateway could have changed, tighten non-NAT security settings. Troubleshooting step - Either lower or turn off the modem/router Security (non-NAT).
    • Before doing the above - time how long you enter the game before the game is disconnected, and does it do it at anytime or only while in combat, and is it server dependent?. And we are talking about D/C and not actual crashing?
  • For additional troubleshooting - try a VPN. Use a free one if you do not have one available with your Security program. A VPN has the potential of routing the path your system takes to the PGI authentication servers/game servers
  • And does it happen with specific game server? If not the game server, the connection may be getting lost to the authentication server itself. Players are always connected to this server, even when they drop into combat.
  • Uninstall any sounds modes that you may have installed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users