3 replies to this topic

#1 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 172 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 29 January 2024 - 03:47 AM

I found Cataphract CTF-0XP which is fun and I like playing with it. I like ECM and being fast.
I made two creations.

Creation #1
It does a lot of damage, its fun sneaking up on someone and shooting all guns, Problem is it has very small range, you need to get very close and between each shot there is not much to do. Sometimes it just doesnt work if I get wrong map or people just stand all on one place and shoot from distance.

Aaand creation #2

It deals less damage but has slightly more range. It doesnt do much damage, but it lets you shoot constantly, so you can annoy people without waiting much.

I like both, but I dont want to have several of same mech, which one would you pick to have more fun?

Edited by torsie, 29 January 2024 - 03:50 AM.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 January 2024 - 04:10 PM

In your snub build, swap the left arm snub into the open slot on the right. This lets you strip left arm and pack some extra ammo with the savings. Personally, though, where there is enough hardpoints I'd vastly recommend using 2x MPL instead of 1xSPPC.

Your Stealth build... well, you mix a burst weapon (UAC10) with staring weapons (LXPLs) and Stealth Armor which not only is not really useful on heavy and assault mechs (too much space for little real advantage) but when active will pretty much neuter a good chunk of your firepower because XPLs run HOT.

Try UAC20, 4xMPL or 4xMXPL, LFE. If you want a staredown build, pair the LXPLs with a RAC5 instead of UAC10.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 January 2024 - 10:20 AM

For a slightly longer ranged build, you might consider this one:

https://mwo.nav-alph...eff8feb_CTF-0XP

On the right side you have two light PPCs and an AC/10, which are very nearly matched in both cooldown time and velocity, backed by two ER Mediums in the other arm. And note the heat efficiency on the mech. it rolls up to 500m away from the fight and just doesn't stop firing. Posted Image

Plus it uses that light 320 engine you've already bought. Posted Image

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 30 January 2024 - 01:46 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 30 January 2024 - 10:20 AM, said:

For a slightly longer ranged build, you might consider this one:

https://mwo.nav-alph...eff8feb_CTF-0XP

On the right side you have two light PPCs and an AC/10, which are very nearly matched in both cooldown time and velocity, backed by two ER Mediums in the other arm. And note the heat efficiency on the mech. it rolls up to 500m away from the fight and just doesn't stop firing. Posted Image

Plus it uses that light 320 engine you've already bought. Posted Image

That works, but it's got too much excess heat capacity. I'd swap out a couple of heat sinks to either upgrade to a TC or switch to MPLs or Another LPPC. In any case, while it does some damage, its overall DPS output is low - it's the kind of loadout I might use on the 3D, but I'm not sure of this chassis. I'd probably do an AC/20 SNAC Build, or an LB-10X and MPLs, if you really want to keep the bigger engine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users