Theoretical Way To Implement Melee

4 replies to this topic

#1 Cryorm

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2024 - 11:08 PM

Utilizing the way that machineguns hitscan out to 260m and have no damage outside that, could that in theory be utilized to create a 20m hitscan weapon, that plays a 1.5 second swinging animation and deals .1 seconds of damage to an area the reticle is over?

#2 Fotracul

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 06:45 AM

that is a nice ideea, but the range should be flexible compared to each individual mech, i don't think a Flea with a 20 meter melee spam is fair Posted Image

Come to think of it, only mechs with lower arm actuators should be able to melee

Edited by Fotracul, 15 March 2024 - 06:47 AM.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 15 March 2024 - 11:31 AM

They also wouldn't be able to make an animation that lines up with the target or make the target react to it. HSR has its limits.

#4 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 15 March 2024 - 09:59 PM

IS or clan mechs or both?

Killer #1 If you apply this only to IS mechs clan mechs will need a buff to compesate and NOBODY wants that.

Killer#2 If clan mechs get melee, people will start whining about oh my Lore!!!

Killer#3 arm actuators can be removed from omnis at will as long as you dont' mount a large caliber weapon there.

Killer #4 some mechs don't actually even have hands which is shown in the no/minmal hands quirk on tabletop implimenting this quirk requires coding which is in short supply for MWo i think atm.

Edited by KursedVixen, 15 March 2024 - 10:00 PM.

#5 Fotracul

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 03:00 AM

They can pull some resources from MW5 Clans or implement melee combat after the Clans is released

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users