7 replies to this topic

#1 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 05 February 2024 - 04:01 PM

What are the communities' thoughts on The Thanatos. Those that use it often and those that do not. Good or Bad. I do see them on the battlefield often. I have not pulled out this mech since it pretty much came out. But i bought a TNS-4P for kicks and doing a classic AC20 brawler.
Light 300, AC20, MRM30, 4xMed lasers AND ECM. So, we will see. The torsos are massive of course but other than that i am interested in everyone's Opinions. am doing this for my next Video for the intro.

Edited by FuzzyNova, 05 February 2024 - 04:06 PM.

#2 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 04:15 PM

Its a mech that you'd expect to be good considering its tonnage, ECM, and JJs. But other than some gimmick builds it barely gets used.

The most common loadout is the classic 2 Gauss + Stealth 5S. But this is actually really bad. You'll see them being annoying and maybe farming some damage, especially in lower tiers. But they basically don't contribute to winning matches. 2LGR+2ERPPC snipers are so much better. It can do that loadout, but generally WHM or MAD are preferred for it.

2 Heavy Gauss was something it got used for, but only because nothing else really could do it. But the Duelist and Blight can, and are both far better for it.

There's theoretically a variety of brawl builds that are all good on paper. But generally other mechs are chosen instead due to hitboxes or tonnage.

4 Large X-pulse on the 4S is nasty damage, but its not a great chassis for staring.

There's also a variety of MRM or mixed MRM+LPPC or Laser builds they can do. But none are super standout, and are often better on another mech (lots of IS mechs mix MRMs and energy.)

Overall i think its been stuck being playable and not so bad as to get another pass. It does work. You can play them and it isn't a mistake. It just isn't as appealing as other things.

Edited by Heavy Money, 05 February 2024 - 04:17 PM.

#3 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 05 February 2024 - 07:46 PM

The Thanatos and Zeus suffer for similar reasons IMO, it's not really sure what it wants to do. I also don't think it benefits from XLs being an absolute death trap on them, it could do some potentially interesting builds (or at least have mobility) if it werent for that.

Edited by Quicksilver Aberration, 05 February 2024 - 07:47 PM.

#4 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 February 2024 - 11:00 PM

I've had fun with this build if you get a map with long sightlines. But its an annoyance at best and dies to anything that fights it directly.

tns-5s

#5 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 February 2024 - 11:15 PM

DATA made a very good video about this mech
https://youtu.be/YId...RdkOeOZ4kkLR6Fq

#6 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 February 2024 - 05:55 AM

The side torsos on the Thanatos cannot be missed, they’re so freaking wide. Other than that it’s just not an exceptional mech.

the belial got a massive quirk pass to make up for its huge side torsos and as a result people are playing the mech. The same would need to happen to the Thanatos.

#7 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2024 - 07:45 AM

Its a mech that needs smaller hitboxes and more armor it lacks speed and agility and has a unusual lack of min/max ability so I only play them for fun and a challenge to see if I can even get a few kills.

#8 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 February 2024 - 12:58 PM

View PostQuicksilver Aberration, on 05 February 2024 - 07:46 PM, said:

The Thanatos and Zeus suffer for similar reasons IMO, it's not really sure what it wants to do. I also don't think it benefits from XLs being an absolute death trap on them, it could do some potentially interesting builds (or at least have mobility) if it werent for that.

Zeus know
zeu-9s

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users