9 replies to this topic

#1 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 09 February 2024 - 06:04 PM

I mean i know its in the game and you can que for it, But the times I have tried there has not been enough people to make a match.
My unit is finally to the point where we have enough people regularly on to start to participate in this, that has been our goal at least.
is there a night where other teams actually get on and are able to field some games?

#2 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 February 2024 - 12:49 PM

On friday and saturday chances are better.
Be prepared for big premades though...
As a european I say matches usually start to occur around 21:00 local time.

#3 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 February 2024 - 01:38 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 February 2024 - 12:49 PM, said:

On friday and saturday chances are better.
Be prepared for big premades though...
As a european I say matches usually start to occur around 21:00 local time.

Yeah i warned my guys to not get discouraged for the first month or so cause we are going to get out arses handed to us until we get6 our crap together and even then some more after. :P

#4 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 06:57 AM

EU Prime and NA Prime u should get matches. Especilly if u are grouped and willing to switch sides as necessary

#5 Lobster in Leggins

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 09:26 AM

Its as dead as the king

#6 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 09:30 AM

If it is dead as the king, then why I am playing it right now?

PS: Today I played 6 games in a row.

Edited by tee5, 21 April 2024 - 03:46 PM.

#7 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 119 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 PM

PGI really needs to prioritize FP this year. It may not have the highest population, but it's the best game mode & it's where all their loyal customers are.

All of these event queue weekend warriors will be gone in 6 months, and they're not the ones still spending money on this game.

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 PM

View PostMechWarrior5782621, on 26 April 2024 - 05:30 PM, said:

PGI really needs to prioritize FP this year.
It makes no business sense to sink money into a dead game mode.

It may not have the highest population, ....
I made this screenshot 1 minute ago to show you the current FP population.

Check the red frame:

Posted Image

... but it's the best game mode ...
No, the MWO players do not think that it is the best mode. The overwhelming majority of all MWO players who tried this game mode ... has left the Faction Play.

... & it's where all their loyal customers are.
Considering that the Quick Play still has much more players than the moribund Faction Pay, I would say that you are wrong.

All of these event queue weekend warriors will be gone in 6 months, ...
Maybe. But I guess that in 6 months the FP will be in the state it is now.

... and they're not the ones still spending money on this game.
You do not have access to the PGI's accounting data. Thus, you have not even the slightest clue how many dollars any other MWO player spends and on what.

Edited by martian, Yesterday, 11:05 PM.

#9 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 119 posts

Posted Today, 04:27 AM

It makes perfect sense to invest resources in FP, if they can make a profit and keep their customers around.

You are incorrect - the red frame refers to the queue, not the population.

"No, the MWO players do not think that it is the best mode. The overwhelming majority of all MWO players who tried this game mode ... has left the Faction Play."

The same is true for QP and every other game mode.

"Considering that the Quick Play still has much more players than the moribund Faction Pay, I would say that you are wrong."

No, you are just proving my point for me. Players have left because PGI has neglected it. They can still fix it with some patches, and events with rewards, etc.

"You do not have access to the PGI's accounting data. Thus, you have not even the slightest clue how many dollars any other MWO player spends and on what."

Incorrect. You can simply talk to people to gain a general understanding, and pay attention to which game modes have more legendary mechs, etc.

#10 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted Today, 06:07 AM

View PostMechWarrior5782621, on 27 April 2024 - 04:27 AM, said:

It makes perfect sense to invest resources in FP, if they can make a profit and keep their customers around.
The opportunity to "keep their customers around" in the Faction Play passed many years ago. The majority of FP customers haas already left. Sorry.

You are incorrect - the red frame refers to the queue, not the population.
And the Faction Play population reflects in those "0/0" numbers. LOL

"No, the MWO players do not think that it is the best mode. The overwhelming majority of all MWO players who tried this game mode ... has left the Faction Play."

The same is true for QP and every other game mode.
No, it is not. There are still some active players in the Quick Play active around the clock.

For example, in the Quick Play I can get a game after one or two minutes of waiting.

In the Faction Play, I could wait for half an hour and then leave the queue without actually getting a game.

This is really not the same thing.

"Considering that the Quick Play still has much more players than the moribund Faction Pay, I would say that you are wrong."

No, you are just proving my point for me. Players have left because PGI has neglected it. They can still fix it with some patches, and events with rewards, etc.
I am sorry to rain on your parade, but Russ Bullock announced that MWO is not going to have its own dedicated engineers. Essentially, MWO is going to stay in the maintenance mode indefinitely.

Since the Faction Play has not managed to attract a sufficient number of players since its inception, and then keep them around in comparison with the Quick Play ... you are not going to "fix it with some patches, and events with rewards". It is too late for that. And as I have said, there is nobody who would do that.

PGI even launched one event a few months ago, exactly as you suggested, just to remind people why Faction Play sucks so much.

This screenshot shows the Faction Play three days after the end of the last Faction Play event:

Posted Image

As you can see, it was still 0/0.

And this screenshot shows the Faction Play after a week after the event:

Posted Image

As you can see, no change.

"You do not have access to the PGI's accounting data. Thus, you have not even the slightest clue how many dollars any other MWO player spends and on what."

Incorrect. You can simply talk to people to gain a general understanding, and pay attention to which game modes have more legendary mechs, etc.
Sorry, but some random internet anons are not credible sources.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users