#1 BobBagels {ScorpS}

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJoisey

Posted 11 February 2024 - 01:32 PM

I donno man,
Ive slipped down to tier 3 and I cant seem to be in a winning match if my life depended on it.

Im in such a freakin slump it aint funny.

UghPosted Image Posted Image

#2 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 12 February 2024 - 10:36 AM

Just keep playing. You will go back up eventually or you might be where you are supposed to be. Try different mechs and different strategies.
I was tier 1 and had a bad month and slipped back down almost to the bottom of tier 2 before I started gaining again. I'm now back up into tier 1. It just takes time.

#3 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 12:14 PM

If you're not enjoying it, just stop playing for a while. It's a game. It should be fun. If you're not having fun, punishing yourself won't help.

If you're having fun and just want to get better, then reflect on what you're doing wrong and change it. Watch some of the competent streamers- not the "make a new account to sealclub" or "bracket build mechdad" streamers- and consider changes to play style.

The turning point for me was aim and position. Doesn't matter how meta your mech is if you're In the wrong spot or you can't hit CT consistently. If that means practice in the training ground then do that. Even against stationary targets, practicing hitting CT on the move, torso twist out, back in, CT again is a worthwhile drill.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 03:30 PM

i find i really need to run meta (b tier or better) exclusively to stay in t2.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 February 2024 - 03:30 PM.

#5 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 February 2024 - 12:57 PM

Head's up, do not worry. try using this.
1. Macro , LMB fire , RMB Adv.Zoom
2. Good Meta builds (Laser Vomit)
3. Look at minimap
4. Try to use max range of your weapon
5. In QP you need range min 400m , if you play heavy or assaults ( for steady PSR boost)
6. ECM boost your survive , even on T1
7. Never freeze in place , even in 100t assault , move forward backward , even a few meters , you dont see enemy but enemy can see you
8. Use JJ , when enemy hit you , space and torso twist

#6 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 13 February 2024 - 03:16 PM

View PostMarcinT1981, on 13 February 2024 - 12:57 PM, said:

Head's up, do not worry. try using this.
1. Macro , LMB fire , RMB Adv.Zoom
2. Good Meta builds (Laser Vomit)
3. Look at minimap
4. Try to use max range of your weapon
5. In QP you need range min 400m , if you play heavy or assaults ( for steady PSR boost)
6. ECM boost your survive , even on T1
7. Never freeze in place , even in 100t assault , move forward backward , even a few meters , you dont see enemy but enemy can see you
8. Use JJ , when enemy hit you , space and torso twist

I agree with most of your items with the exception of 1 and 5. You don't need macros. Some people use them, but I'm betting most don't. As for #5, you don't need to stay a certain range. Half of the mechs I pilot, if I stayed at 400m range, I wouldn't be able to shoot at them!

I would also like to add that changing the paint scheme of your mech to dark and grey colors can help hide you very well! I have powered down and let mechs walk right past me and they didn't notice because of the coloration. I've only done that once. You might have noticed that a lot of the maps are dark or darker colors. Couple that with ECM and you become very hard to notice by eye.

Also, #4, try shooting at people when they are further away than your minimum range (with the exception of missile weapons!) You wont be doing full damage, but you will be doing damage or at least distracting them. I remember a match where I was shooting snub PPCs at a mech that was over 1k meters away that was trying to flank my team. I was doing no damage, but the sound of my weapon 'hitting' him, caused him to turn and come after me. Which in turn got him killed from behind by my team.

#7 is super important! Especially for light and medium mechs! Speed is life for light mechs!

#7 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 February 2024 - 03:32 PM

when you use macro you can build your mech better. and this is also important, you build the mech on one side, left right or (preferably up), you lean out and shoot, but it's hard to lean out the entire mech.

Edited by MarcinT1981, 13 February 2024 - 03:33 PM.

#8 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 172 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 13 February 2024 - 03:49 PM

Stay where you are, lower tiers are much better for playing.Posted Image

I hate being in tier 1. Posted Image

#9 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 February 2024 - 04:04 PM

what does Tier mean?
Posted Image

#10 Kamiko Kross

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2024 - 02:23 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 12 February 2024 - 12:14 PM, said:

If you're not enjoying it, just stop playing for a while. It's a game. It should be fun. If you're not having fun, punishing yourself won't help.

If you're having fun and just want to get better, then reflect on what you're doing wrong and change it. Watch some of the competent streamers- not the "make a new account to sealclub" or "bracket build mechdad" streamers- and consider changes to play style.

The turning point for me was aim and position. Doesn't matter how meta your mech is if you're In the wrong spot or you can't hit CT consistently. If that means practice in the training ground then do that. Even against stationary targets, practicing hitting CT on the move, torso twist out, back in, CT again is a worthwhile drill.

As an addition to that, learn to see what mechs have what on them and where-quickly then focus that. Removing the firepower from an assault or two can swing a match really quick. Say you face something right side dominant, take that right ST and voila...

#11 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 February 2024 - 10:12 PM

View PostBobBagels {ScorpS}, on 11 February 2024 - 01:32 PM, said:

I donno man,
Ive slipped down to tier 3 and I cant seem to be in a winning match if my life depended on it.

Im in such a freakin slump it aint funny.

UghPosted Image Posted Image

Post your gameplay in a video here (3-4 of your losses) and we can explain what you're doing wrong.

#12 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 18 February 2024 - 08:53 AM

Slumps happen but it’s not like you’re losing all your money in Vegas so try not to worry about them.

Oh, and another thing, for me anyway, I tend not to do as well if I’m jumping from mech class to mech class, or even mech to mech. Sometimes I just need to stay with one class or chassis to get consistent results.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 18 February 2024 - 08:56 AM.

#13 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:25 AM

If you tired, need a rest.

I usually stop play online game, when its looking like a job for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users