59 replies to this topic

#41 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 11:28 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 18 February 2024 - 10:01 AM, said:

Just noticed the Dragon model, the right arm seems off? Like out of place. It appears to be the case for all variants, but don't know if it's intended

When the 'Mech is standing still, the right arm points downwards slightly.

Posted Image

But when the 'Mech is moving in the game, the arm lifts up, so everything is okay..

View PostWishmast3r, on 18 February 2024 - 03:42 AM, said:

Nope. Posted Image

Posted Image

Do not give up! You still have two weeks to complete the challenge.

#42 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 February 2024 - 07:37 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 17 February 2024 - 04:59 AM, said:

"Earn 1 Counter ECM Locked Damage"

Can we please, in the name of one of the best game communities, once and for all clearify how the hell this thing works? If you google it you will get five year old results and still no answer.

I tried NARC on an enemy mech with ECM and teammates shot him with lurm, ATMs and SSRMs.
I used UAVs so my team could hit enemy ECM mechs with lurms.
I switched my ECM to counter mode and shot an enemy ECM mech with SSRMs.

Posted Image

PS: Can you add a description for these "not so clear challenges" in the event?

If there only was this thing...

I believe they called it a Wiki or Knowledgebase ?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 10:13 PM

Is Counter ECM Locked Damage still bugged?
Yesterday I played five or six very painful matches for me and my teams.
Tried to complete the task "Counter ECM Locked Damage".
Played on JR7-IIC with UAV, BAP, 1xNARC, 4xssrm-2, 1xssrm-4. In the first battle, I met an Arctic Cheetah (naturally with an ECM), marked him with a NARC, launched a UAV over him, the BAP itself works constantly.
I took this Cheetah in lock and started shooting at him my streaks, together with me, the allied LRM-boat took him in lock and fired at him. I shot for a long time, I definitely saw that the Cheetah had gone behind cover, but he was still under the influence of my NARC, the missiles were flying in his direction, and his paperdoll was blinking from the LRM hits. But I did not receive the reward I deserved.
After five or six terrible fights and unsuccessful attempts, I stopped doing this task.
PGI, please, before issuing the task to the players, could you check for yourself whether this task is feasible in principle and whether there are any bugs in the mechanics of their implementation.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 20 February 2024 - 10:15 PM.

#44 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 11:13 PM

Since I tried it 20-30 times with narc, uav, bab, And nothing worked.
And I am not sure if, it counts if I myself do the damage.

I am now focusing on ECM, was standing in front of an enemy mech blocked his ECM with my ECM, he got rained on with lurms, from another player. Did not got the challenge.

Not nice PGI. Not nice.

PS: I lost 50% of one ELO RANK because of this challenge.
PPS: It would be good to know if the challenge counts with narc, with uav, with bab with TAG or only with counter ECM.
PPPS: Or do I need to be the one lurming and someone other needs to block the ECM for me?

PPPPS: HELP.

Edited by tee5, 20 February 2024 - 11:41 PM.

#45 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 11:31 PM

View Posttee5, on 20 February 2024 - 11:13 PM, said:

with bab or only with counter ECM.

As far as I remember (but I could be wrong), the BAP itself is a constant counter ECM in constant regime.

#46 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 12:59 AM

I finished the counter ecm challenge.

I did it with ecm, bap, and streak srm 6.
ecm was almost constantly on counter-mode.

Edited by tee5, 21 February 2024 - 12:59 AM.

#47 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 01:08 AM

It had to. Because an AP doesn't work alongside an active ECM to counter enemy ECM.

#48 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 09:01 AM

Posted Image

#49 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 04:26 AM

Apparently, a lot of players are facing the problem of "Counter ECM Locked Damage" not working.
PGI, I think it would be nice if you checked the mechanics of registering this assist in the game.
Well, or at least they gave here comprehensive recommendations for completing this task.
And again, today many attempts to complete this task with zero results, bad battles and, as a result, negative emotions.

#50 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 09:43 AM

This is definitly broken and i´m giving up. Just had a game now. Polar Highlands. A SHC ran into me. I narced it, immediately got the lock and someone in my team rained him with a shitload of lurms. Which other criteria do i have to meet? Tell me.
Several days, probably over 100 games, just for this one achivement. I dropped to 70% in TIER 1 for this.

Can we get a response here in the forum for this issue? Or do i really have to bother support for this ridiculous situation?

#51 T33bor

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 01:26 PM

Managed to get the ECM Lock Damage by using a Jenner IIC with a BAP (Clan version obv) and SSRM (I think someone mentioned this earlier in the thread)

I previously tried with counter ECM, NARC, UAV and TAG on a Raven, none of which seemed to work

Clan mates have got it by using the same Jenner but with someone else hitting them with LRMs

Edited by T33bor, 22 February 2024 - 01:26 PM.

#52 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 04:36 PM

View PostT33bor, on 22 February 2024 - 01:26 PM, said:

Managed to get the ECM Lock Damage by using a Jenner IIC with a BAP (Clan version obv) and SSRM (I think someone mentioned this earlier in the thread)

I previously tried with counter ECM, NARC, UAV and TAG on a Raven, none of which seemed to work

Clan mates have got it by using the same Jenner but with someone else hitting them with LRMs

I'll quote myself:

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 20 February 2024 - 10:13 PM, said:

Played on JR7-IIC with UAV, BAP, 1xNARC, 4xssrm-2, 1xssrm-4. In the first battle, I met an Arctic Cheetah (naturally with an ECM), marked him with a NARC, launched a UAV over him, the BAP itself works constantly.
I took this Cheetah in lock and started shooting at him my streaks, together with me, the allied LRM-boat took him in lock and fired at him. I shot for a long time, I definitely saw that the Cheetah had gone behind cover, but he was still under the influence of my NARC, the missiles were flying in his direction, and his paperdoll was blinking from the LRM hits. But I did not receive the reward I deserved.

#53 Ars008

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg

Posted 25 February 2024 - 01:09 PM

I want a dragon. Did I do everything right for this?

Edited by Ars008, 25 February 2024 - 01:09 PM.

#54 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,719 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 February 2024 - 04:01 PM

View PostArs008, on 25 February 2024 - 01:09 PM, said:

Check the in-game event browser and you'll see which goals of this event you've completed and which you still have to complete. Nobody else can tell you what you've got left to do.

#55 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 10:35 AM

View PostArs008, on 25 February 2024 - 01:09 PM, said:

Follow this link, please: February Free Mech Grand Dragon DRG-1G

After that, scroll down and check if you filled the 100% bar of the "Dragon" stipulation. If that is the case, click the "Redeem" button.

#56 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 10:01 AM

I just had a game with my NARC Raven. Narced several ECM mechs, they got lurmed by a teammate. And i didn´t even get "Counter ECM". This is just broken.
Worst part is, no response from PGI. So now i will bother the support.

#57 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 09:01 AM

Finally got the "Counter ECM Locked Damage" with a ATM Howl with BAP and TAG. And i have no idea what i did different than the last hundred games.

Edit: Three games, 4x Counter ECM Locked Damage. I´m now assuming that you have to apply a minimum damage in a certain ammount of time. And i´m assuming that the amount of damage is 50. Since 3xSSRM6+2xATM3 wasn´t enough.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 28 February 2024 - 09:28 AM.

#58 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 10:06 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 22 February 2024 - 09:43 AM, said:

Several days, probably over 100 games, just for this one achivement. I dropped to 70% in TIER 1 for this.

I know that feel bro... :(

Being part of horrible low skilled teams has messed up my Tier Rank seriously bad !!! Posted Image

Can we get a response here in the forum for this issue? Or do i really have to bother support for this ridiculous situation?

IIRC most of my Counter ECM Awards during busy battles were given to me because I popped my UAV and it almost always gives me the Bonus by Countering ECM used by some little Light Mech running around :)

My favorite way to chase those little buggers is by using a Medium Mech with something like this :
- At least 5 x Streak SRM2
- Clan Light TAG if Clan Mech and otherwise the regular TAG
- BAP or ECM or both if possible!
- Light PPC
- ER PPC when Clan Mech and if possible!
- Clan ATM can be FUN too! ;)

And ofcourse at least 1 x UAV equipped !!! :)

#59 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 746 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 08 March 2024 - 12:16 PM

Soo, now that this event ended, new month free mech announcement should be around this weekend right? Or maybe some event queue stuff? PGI has been awfully quiet and unresponsive in the main site and in the forums these past days.

#60 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 10:47 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 08 March 2024 - 12:16 PM, said:

Soo, now that this event ended, new month free mech announcement should be around this weekend right? Or maybe some event queue stuff? PGI has been awfully quiet and unresponsive in the main site and in the forums these past days.

The next weekend, maybe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users