Why Stealth Armor Needs To Be Added To Clans And Rotary Autocannons Need To Be Nerfed

4 replies to this topic

#1 cyber fish

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2024 - 03:52 PM

I have been a long time MwO fan and like the game, however recently it has been bugging me that the clans seem to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to tech. Lore wise they are supposed to be advanced comepare to the inner sphere, so why is it that we dont have stealth armor? This seems like a no duh topic so i w8sh they would ad this to the game, also rac autocannons are so broken. They need to be nerfed, you can slap them on a medium mech and out dammage some assult mechs, they ought to get a damage reduction or, jam much more frequently. Would love to here imput from others about these subjects.

#2 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 February 2024 - 07:51 PM

The clans prefer a straight up fight. Fighting from long range is something they generally don't do.
They like to come in and strike hard and fast to beat the opposition.

Stealth armor I think is a form of cheating to them-not in their code of honour would they use stealth armor or long range battles is what I'm getting at.

As for Rotary A/C's this is from the battletech wiki: Clan Diamond Shark[color=#000000] created their own [/color]experimental[color=#000000] version of the Rotary Autocannon in 3069, which thanks to the use of Endo Steel in its construction, is bulkier but has longer range.[/color]

#3 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 189 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 17 February 2024 - 02:16 AM

ECM and stealth armour are super useful, they should be available to everyone ! Posted Image

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,631 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 February 2024 - 09:26 AM

So are extremely space- and tonnage-efficient lasers, for example. But it's an integral part of the setting that Clan and Inner Sphere technology are different. We have to balance them more in MWO, because of the game format, but giving everyone all the same gear doesn't track.

As for the fictional material, yes, the Clans don't like Stealth Armor - or even ECM for that matter. They'll use ECM, but it's considered "cowardly" by many of the same people who have no problem whatsoever walking up to someone piloting a 200-year-old Battlemech and challenging them to a "fair" fight. But I digress.

The lore drives a bunch of things that the Clans have and the Inner Sphere does not. We might get Clan Rotaries, if and when they fit into the game's balance, but some things are just not going to be available to one side or the other.

#5 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,981 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:43 PM

Clans don't use stealth armor for the reasons stated above untill later in the timeline as for rotary autcannons clans eventually make their own as stated above.

View PostRondoe, on 16 February 2024 - 07:51 PM, said:

The clans prefer a straight up fight. Fighting from long range is something they generally don't do.
They like to come in and strike hard and fast to beat the opposition.

Stealth armor I think is a form of cheating to them-not in their code of honour would they use stealth armor or long range battles is what I'm getting at.

As for Rotary A/C's this is from the battletech wiki: Clan Diamond Shark[color=#000000] created their own [/color]experimental[color=#000000] version of the Rotary Autocannon in 3069, which thanks to the use of Endo Steel in its construction, is bulkier but has longer range.[/color]
clan rotaries are the same weight as inner sphere ones but one slot larger last i recall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users