Connection Time

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 05:02 PM

Did they forget to feed Skippy the Wunder Hamster again? What's up with the long connection times and entire lances not connecting?

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 22 February 2024 - 05:37 AM

Seems to be some issues with the internats. At&t is down along with some other providers and this includes internet service. Probably entire hops have been nuked and the net is struggling to reroute.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 February 2024 - 11:57 AM

Its been odd for awhile now, at least for me.

It started maybe a month ago, where when loading into Solaris City, the loading time was extreme to the point that I would appear disconnected and drop in between 1-2 minutes after the match had started for everyone else. Solaris was the only map where that was occurring; not every time, but often enough that it was notable. Then, about a week later it became a consistent issue, but still only with Solaris, but now Forest Colony started getting the delay as well. A week later, River City was added to the problematic list. This week, the pseudo-dropping/extended delays are no longer limited to just these maps, but also when coming out of a game; it is taking up to half a minute just just to get back to the mechlab screen, and almost as long when selecting between mech weights.

I assumed it was just my computer finally potatoing out, but others that I drop with are having similar issues as well. Its damn strange.

Edited by Bud Crue, 22 February 2024 - 11:58 AM.

#4 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 06:50 AM

Re-installation of MWO fixed the long load times for me Posted Image

#5 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 23 February 2024 - 10:03 PM

View PostIhlrath, on 21 February 2024 - 05:02 PM, said:

Did they forget to feed Skippy the Wunder Hamster again? What's up with the long connection times and entire lances not connecting?

Been having this problem for about 24hrs. Didn't happen with my last match of the night tonight though. Problem over?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users