41 replies to this topic

#1 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2024 - 01:15 PM

Good morning, my dears. First of all, you have to do what many players do, which is...
Posted Image
We go here, https://github.com/e...ontrol/releases
download FireControl, (or we can set a macro on the mouse)
It's best to set it so that we have all the weapons under the left button and Adv.Zoom under the right one (it's a bit different when we have MASC, but it doesn't matter). You can configure it yourself, but I don't want to explain it.
You're probably wondering right now
Posted ImageHere's the answer
Posted Image

This program will not increase your DPS, but it can increase accuracy, because the fingers on the mouse do not have to change their position, and that is exactly the point.

Then choose your mech. We don't take this little crap that people who got banned from Team Fortress 2 play. This is a game about huge mechs, so we take the, you know, big ones. Additionally, a large mech will deal a lot of damage in a short time, and we have to collect PSR, and damage is what counts the most.
If you are on a low Tier, you definitely have a drunk sight, so you should not take ppc, ac or whatever else there is. You should use lasers because when you miss by 1 mm you will quickly redirect the beam, if you miss with ppc you will deal zero damage

And this is where FireControl (or another macro) works best, you have Adv.Zoom set under the right button, so as soon as you see an opponent, quickly right click, aim and hit giga alpha.

On Tier 5 and 4, something like this will work very well, you have lasers and AMS so you can collect PSR from a whole bunch of lurmers
cor-7a
Once you get to Tier 3, the stupidest thing the mechwarrior community has ever created will begin.
Posted Image So our beautiful Corsair won't work as well, so we'll get something faster
blr-2c
Of course, these are just examples, but in general the point is that it is better to put stronger weapons on one side of the mech and use it with macro, because it helps when we lean out to shoot, and many players put lasers to prevent ghost heat, distributed over the entire mech, completely. they reveal themselves to shoot, they get alpha three times and they say goodbye. 100 dmg Psr goes down and they moan that they can't go higher

I don't want to write more for now Posted Image

Let the salt flow Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by MarcinT1981, 22 February 2024 - 01:16 PM.

#2 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 01:40 PM

You dont need any special software to reach the fabled Tier 1 , which is a curse of its own for various reasons . Not sure why people would even bother going for it in the first place instead of just ... you know , playing the game and enjoying it regardless of the tier they are in ? Instead of caring about a metric which sole purpose is for MM to create more balanced matches and its barely able to do that because of soup Q related issues.

Macro will not make you good at the game , it might give you the ability to dodge ghost heat being triggered on accident a bit more effectively but if you are not able to do it without a macro semi consistently then you probably shouldn't be in Tier 1 in the first place.

All anyone needs to reach Tier 1 is decent knowledge on mech building , basic map awareness , and some basic FPS aim fundamentals knowledge . Maybe a good mouse with a decent sensor that's not gonna work against you , which these days are sold for less than 30$ .

AMS no longer boosts your matchscore , so folks cant AMS their way to T1.

#3 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 01:53 PM

#4 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2024 - 01:56 PM

I didn't know that AMS doesn't provide PSR, I'm very sorry for misleading you, Mr. Gold Champ.
But maybe try this without any macro
dwf-w

#5 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 188 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 22 February 2024 - 01:56 PM

Wow... this certainly is an idiot's advice. 10/10, will shitpost again

#6 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:00 PM

I played that build a lot without a macro . Just on DWF-C with 4xERLG ,2xgauss , JJs , ECM and more ammo . JJs combined ECM more ammo / heatsinks is probably a better pick for QP then what you ended up making there .

DWF-C was also given away for free twice and is one of the most popular mechs across all Tiers . A lot of people own it .

#7 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:06 PM

but what am I trying to say, without macro you only make it more difficult for yourself because you have to move your fingers on the mouse, of course then your ego grows because you can cope without macro but for me it's like forcing open doors.

#8 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:17 PM

If you have your side mouse buttons assigned to weapon groups you dont have to move any fingers . Just have weapon groups 1 and 2 on mouse click 1 and 2 . And weapons groups 3 and 4 assigned to side buttons . Plenty of weapons groups to handle such a build . And most mice nowadays have access to those . Unless you are using something from early 2000s.

Very basic fundamental FPS stuff.

#9 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:24 PM

Let's stick to our opinions, that's fine
Posted Image

#10 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:30 PM

Yeah none of this is necessary. Unless you've got super shaky hands, the amount of wiggle introduced by the mouse is irrelevant unless you're shooting at like 1500m without zoom.

And you can also just use keyboard buttons too you know. I use left shift and E as weapon groups in addition to left, right, and middle mouse.

But the largest factor in getting into t1 or not isn't really accuracy, unless your an incredibly poor shot. Its positioning and having a feel for where the match is going. This is because the largest factor in your ability to deal damage is not accuracy, it is if you are alive or not, followed by if you have targets to shoot at.

Edited by Heavy Money, 22 February 2024 - 02:31 PM.

#11 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:38 PM

Unsure if satire or genuine belief in terible advice.

Also, please turn tier display on.

#12 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:41 PM

i dont know how to do this but ill try
i do it Posted Image i think
i got tier 1 before the reset , after then i go to tier 1 , and stop playing , returnt about two years , be so good to drop to 2 , and stop playing again , now i return one month ago , and im here , i know its not full i know :(

Edited by MarcinT1981, 22 February 2024 - 02:45 PM.

#13 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:47 PM

View PostMarcinT1981, on 22 February 2024 - 02:41 PM, said:

i dont know how to do this but ill try
i do it Posted Image i think
i got tier 1 before the reset , after then i go to tier 1 , and stop playing , returnt about two years , be so good to drop to 2 , and stop playing again , now i return one month ago , and im here , i know its not full i know Posted Image

See, now we can believe in your method, and all the new players can follow your advice and GIT GUD.

I expect match wait times to drop almost immediately as people rush up the tiers. Thank you fren <3

#14 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:50 PM

Its a simple advice , for me it works , there are many better players in Tier 1 other than me , some are worst than me , but not many ;;)

#15 Vite Ramen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 02:58 PM

Vite Ramen's 2-step program to reach tier 1 in no time:

1) Follow OP to the letter.

2) Eat Vite Ramen.

#16 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2024 - 03:03 PM

but seriosusly , i heard when you cooking Ramen it stinks like hell ;)

#17 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 22 February 2024 - 03:05 PM

One thing I wish my Razer did was allow me to add DPI switch commands to macros, so I could advanced zoom, lower DPI, aim, shoot with lmb and release the advanced zoom macro button to zoom out and restore DPI.

#18 Vite Ramen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 03:11 PM

View PostMarcinT1981, on 22 February 2024 - 03:03 PM, said:

but seriosusly , i heard when you cooking Ramen it stinks like hell ;)

This is incorrect. Vite Ramen is both nutritious and delicious. It gives you the optimal energy for peak MWO performance

#19 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 08:20 PM

ramen is for people who dont know how to make chicken fettuccine alfredo. learn to cook and never eat another mystery package again.

#20 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 503 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 February 2024 - 02:32 AM

I've ran plenty of multiple ghost heat limit builds and never had issues without macros. Its not that hard to learn.

Edited by Samziel, 23 February 2024 - 02:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users