Now I Know Why.

Skills

8 replies to this topic

#1 105howitzer

Rookie

• Corporal
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 10:26 PM

I used to get so irritated playing MWO. Seemed like I was consistently have an ally walk in front of me and blocking my shots with their back. Also having allies standing directly behind me keeping me from backing up at many critical moments. And then, ......
I played mechwarrior 5, all the bots behave the exact same way. Is the player base that low in MWO?

#2 marakesh

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 11:17 PM

You have never played world of tanks before have you. It is the exact same way on there except instead of just standing behind you they will push you out to get shot cause they want your spot.

#3 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 February 2024 - 11:17 PM

Jarl claims that there are less than 30,000 active players, which means they must have played 10 games a month, and there are certainly much fewer people who play regularly. Everyone sees the same faces all the time. But that's not a reason not to play.

#4 MT Titan

• Pip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 24 February 2024 - 10:51 AM

Life Support. Which means they are not bringing in many new players, and the people left wont leave no matter what they do, also they will do what they need to do save money, make money and keep the game running while keeping it maintenance mode..

Edited by MT Titan, 24 February 2024 - 10:58 AM.

#5 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 188 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 25 February 2024 - 09:54 PM

View PostMT Titan, on 24 February 2024 - 10:51 AM, said:

Life Support. Which means they are not bringing in many new players, and the people left wont leave no matter what they do, also they will do what they need to do save money, make money and keep the game running while keeping it maintenance mode..

For a game in maintenance mode, they sure do keep adding new content and making regular balance changes. Occasionally players get banned for cheating too, as I'm sure you're aware

Edited by Rosarius, 25 February 2024 - 09:55 PM.

#6 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 February 2024 - 06:37 AM

View Post105howitzer, on 23 February 2024 - 10:26 PM, said:

I used to get so irritated playing MWO. Seemed like I was consistently have an ally walk in front of me and blocking my shots with their back. Also having allies standing directly behind me keeping me from backing up at many critical moments. And then, ......
I played mechwarrior 5, all the bots behave the exact same way. Is the player base that low in MWO?
MWO doesn't have bots. It's genuine stupidity all the way down.

#7 MT Titan

• Pip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 26 February 2024 - 09:56 AM

View PostRosarius, on 25 February 2024 - 09:54 PM, said:

For a game in maintenance mode, they sure do keep adding new content and making regular balance changes. Occasionally players get banned for cheating too, as I'm sure you're aware

Yup reskins and rearranged content pretty much sums it up. I have no clue about players cheating, I don't record folks to turn them in like some folks, I do send in reports when I see weird stuff, let PGI check it out, through their reporting system, Or when folks troll other folks, but I don't see it relevance here, but do find it distasteful to bring up other players who cant defend themselves.

Edited by MT Titan, 26 February 2024 - 10:03 AM.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 03:11 PM

View Postmarakesh, on 23 February 2024 - 11:17 PM, said:

You have never played world of tanks before have you. It is the exact same way on there except instead of just standing behind you they will push you out to get shot cause they want your spot.

this is what happens when you make a game without aoe weapons.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 February 2024 - 03:12 PM.

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 03:19 PM

View PostMT Titan, on 24 February 2024 - 10:51 AM, said:

there is enough interest to fund it. and at least a third of players seem to be buying stuff, judging by all the new mechs you see on patch day (provided a mech came out that month). once it goes into the red on a quarterly report its gone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users