Scattershot Vs Shd-2H

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nuzum

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 09:09 AM

I don't know where else I am should post this so here it goes. I love the shadow hawk so I have multiple variants. The build I have found that I prefer for my scattershot is:
light ferro
double hs
endo steel
standard missle guidance
280XL eng with 1 x double hs installed
5 x jj
3 x srm2
2 x srm ammo
2 x lb 5x ac
4 x lb 5x ammo.
I have attempted to make my SHD-2H the same build with less -2 x jj due to obvious variant limit. However, I run out of hard point slots. Does that scattershot receive a lesser endo steel or light ferro penalty on top of all of its other quirk bonuses? I can't understand I am not able to duplicate this build on the SHD-2H variant but maybe I'm just dumb. Thanks for the help.

#2 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 09:47 PM

Scaleshot is a Clan mech, Shadow Hawk is an IS mech so:

Clan endo steel takes 7 slots instead of IS endo steel 14 slots
Clan ferro-fibrous takes 7 slots vs IS ferro-fibrous 14 slots (or IS light ferro-fibrous 7 slots but with less tonnage saved)
Clan XL engine takes 10 slots vs IS XL engine takes 12 slots
Clan double heat sink takes 2 slots vs IS double heat sink taking 3 slots

the Shadow Hawk also has two fixed hand actuators which eat up 2 critslots but don't do anything.
the Scaleshot on the other hand can chooses to add or remove both its hand actuators and its lower arm actuators; if you choose not the run lower arm actuators the horizontal movement of the mechs arms will be reduced, however this only matters when you are playing with the mechs arms unlocked.

#3 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 02:56 AM

This thread was moved to Medium Mech Builds

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 03:01 AM

View PostTherax, on 29 February 2024 - 09:47 PM, said:

Dunno if the title was changed after you posted, but it's asking about the Scattershot, not the Scaleshot.

View PostNuzum, on 29 February 2024 - 09:09 AM, said:

I don't know where else I am should post this so here it goes. I love the shadow hawk so I have multiple variants. The build I have found that I prefer for my scattershot is:
light ferro
double hs
endo steel
standard missle guidance
280XL eng with 1 x double hs installed
5 x jj
3 x srm2
2 x srm ammo
2 x lb 5x ac
4 x lb 5x ammo.
I have attempted to make my SHD-2H the same build with less -2 x jj due to obvious variant limit. However, I run out of hard point slots. Does that scattershot receive a lesser endo steel or light ferro penalty on top of all of its other quirk bonuses? I can't understand I am not able to duplicate this build on the SHD-2H variant but maybe I'm just dumb. Thanks for the help.

The Scattershot in comparison to the 2H has two more free equipmentslots per arm, because it's missing both lower arm and hand actuators.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 01 March 2024 - 03:01 AM.

#5 Nuzum

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2024 - 04:02 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 01 March 2024 - 03:01 AM, said:

Dunno if the title was changed after you posted, but it's asking about the Scattershot, not the Scaleshot.

The Scattershot in comparison to the 2H has two more free equipmentslots per arm, because it's missing both lower arm and hand actuators.

That's that answer I was looking for. Makes sense. And no I never changed the title or post and don't know how. Here's hoping I will never have to figure it out either. Thanks for the help.

#6 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 03 March 2024 - 08:55 PM

View PostTherax, on 29 February 2024 - 09:47 PM, said:

Clan endo steel takes 7 slots instead of IS endo steel 14 slots
Clan ferro-fibrous takes 7 slots vs IS ferro-fibrous 14 slots (or IS light ferro-fibrous 7 slots but with less tonnage saved)
Clan XL engine takes 10 slots vs IS XL engine takes 12 slots
Clan double heat sink takes 2 slots vs IS double heat sink taking 3 slots

the Shadow Hawk also has two fixed hand actuators which eat up 2 critslots but don't do anything.
the Scaleshot on the other hand can chooses to add or remove both its hand actuators and its lower arm actuators; if you choose not the run lower arm actuators the horizontal movement of the mechs arms will be reduced, however this only matters when you are playing with the mechs arms unlocked.

The non-2K variants technically have E hardpoints in arms but you will likely never use them in a decent build.

The 2K's hand and LAA are just there anymore to make the Scattershot more attractive I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users