7 replies to this topic

#1 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 01 March 2024 - 10:41 AM

Played a couple of matches this morning before going to work. I played in my AMS Kitfox. The first match only shot down about 24 missiles. Was wondering if I had made a bad choice in mechs, but decided to try another match. The second match happens and the lights from the opposing team hit our rear really early into the game, so we decided to turn around and make a stand near our base. I shoot down a few missiles and make some shots with my medium lasers. Then the missiles just start raining down! You know the saying from the movie 300? The one about standing in the shade of their arrows? Yeah, this was that situation! I shot down so many missiles that I over heated and had to hit a cool shot! The opposing team keeps pushing forward as part of my team tries to flank them. An Urbie, Bushwacker and another light push around the corner I'm hiding behind and I have to scoot! All the while missiles are falling like rain. I make a shot with my lasers on the Urbie to try and dissuade him from pushing me and over heat again. I hit my last cool shot and scoot back some more, all the while continuing to shoot down missiles. I shot down so many missile in my last 30 seconds that I overheated so much I blew myself up! The heat scale was so high that the cool shot didn't move the meter!

TLDR - I shot down so many missiles in such a short span that I blew myself up!

I come close before, but never killed myself from it.

#2 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 09:01 PM

If you are going to run that many L-AMS, you might want to look into the two differeent ways to turn it off... 3 if you count shutting down your mech.

Just saying... Posted Image

I usually run it with one L-AMS and two AMS with one and a half tons of AMS ammo. Keeps the heat down and good for all but the rarest of matches.

Edited by kalashnikity, 01 March 2024 - 09:01 PM.

#3 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 02 March 2024 - 10:54 AM

so.. the point of this thread?

another thread where you want something fixed or changed?

or is it simply to entertain the rest of us with another hilarious mwo-death?
in that case I'd salute you. many ways 'to go', but this one is on the fun side of things ;)

#4 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 March 2024 - 01:22 PM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 02 March 2024 - 10:54 AM, said:

so.. the point of this thread?

another thread where you want something fixed or changed?

or is it simply to entertain the rest of us with another hilarious mwo-death?
in that case I'd salute you. many ways 'to go', but this one is on the fun side of things Posted Image

I don't believe I said anything about fixing something or changing anything. Maybe take it for face value? It was a funny death; a first for me and I've been here a couple of years now.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 02 March 2024 - 02:44 PM

i dont like to run more than 2 lams, so i often will mix lams with normal ams. i do 2x2 on my corsair 7a. on the kitfox 2 normal ams and a lams for when the ammo is gone.

#6 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 March 2024 - 03:36 PM

yeah i do the same on my 7a 2 and 2. yeah that was a hilarious death to be honest. hell its something i try for when piloting my own LRM boats and there is someone running more than one L-AMS. i don't care about how many of my missiles they are shooting down i just want to see if i can overheat them with the rain. (as an LRM player these days you have to find your fun where you can)

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 02 March 2024 - 05:35 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 02 March 2024 - 03:36 PM, said:

yeah i do the same on my 7a 2 and 2. yeah that was a hilarious death to be honest. hell its something i try for when piloting my own LRM boats and there is someone running more than one L-AMS. i don't care about how many of my missiles they are shooting down i just want to see if i can overheat them with the rain. (as an LRM player these days you have to find your fun where you can)

i know when running lerms if i see four beams coming out of a mech i wont even lock, il just fire missiles over his head. i dont get no score but its amusing. i never run lerms much anymore though.

Edited by LordNothing, 02 March 2024 - 05:36 PM.

#8 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 March 2024 - 09:16 PM

I was just so pressed at the moment that I forgot to turn them off.

I almost overheated once in a similar match. I think it was one where you had to do so much missile damage and everyone was equipping missile weapons. I shot down over 1400 missiles that match and had to turn my LAMS off twice and used 2 cool shots. I think I fired my weapons twice that match and that's where I had to use the cool shots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users