New Weapons Stream Coming This Week!

9 replies to this topic

#1 Vite Ramen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 March 2024 - 12:52 PM

As we all know, March patch will bring on some new weapons.

In a few days, renowned PGI developer and orange cat lover PGI Tiyos will sit down with content creator Ashcord of reddit fame (and justcallmeashcord discord server streamer) to showcase the new weapons.

When:
EST - Sat, 9th March - 7pm
CET - Sun, 10th March - 1am
AEDT - Sun, 10th March - 11am

Where: Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/justcallmeash

Discord Event/Reminder (if you want one): https://discord.gg/u...411217171513385

As a reminder, these weapons are confirmed so far:
PAC2, 4, 8
Beam laser
Plasma cannon
LAC2, 5
Thunderbolt 5, 10, 15, 20
SB Gauss
AP Gauss
Magshot
IS Light Tag

Can't wait!

#2 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 March 2024 - 08:14 PM

IS Light Tag you say? Didn't see that one in the notes, but glad it's coming.

#3 Vite Ramen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 05:21 AM

Yeah, it was something Tiyos mentioned in passing on Discord

#4 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 09 March 2024 - 09:41 AM

Don't stare into an IS light TAG beam, it can cause irreversible blindness and hailstorms.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 09 March 2024 - 07:01 PM

generally i like what i see so far. especially some of the weapon effects. especially like how the plasma cannon looks like a star wars blaster shot.

ap/magshot dont charge, but i figured that was the direction you were going since the charge limit is hard coded and are thus outside the scope of the cauldron's purview. id like to see some kind of ghost charge, charge heat, or charge capacity where each weapon would have a different charge requirement and the sum of those must be less than the mech's/engine's charge capacity for simultaneous charging. feel like this would extend the charge mechanic and enable things like capped ppcs in the long run.

sb is more traditional charging gauss. i dont really see anything wrong with it. its going to have lower spread and fewer pellets than the mw5 version. 3 rounds at 5 damage a pop.

smol autocannons are pretty much as on the tin. longer cd and less range (i think the cd got hit the worst). in both tech bases the larger gun is a 2-round burst. i kind of wanted all of them to be burst but i guess this is a fair compromise (im pro burst but i know most of the community doesn't want it).

beam is another on the tin weapon. clan alternative to the xpulse and jenner-a mounted beams. its 5 dps so i worry about stacking beams. gh limit is 3 so there is that keeping it in check.

thunderbolt is just fat missiles 5 damage a missile and 1-4 per salvo. it might bring back ams, and i look forward to using it on all those mechs with missile slots that i don't use. im curious how it will work out because high damage missiles i think is what rockets need to be (wonder if gauss charge could solve the rocket dump problem and buff them to the point of usefulness).

light is tag is a nice sneak addition. though im not really a huge fan of tag mostly for its inability to accelerate self-locking. also since its more suited to streaks rather than idf or rangy weapons, it would be nice if it would make those suck less. eg allow a pre-lock mode which lets you fire your streaks immediately in dumbfire mode and complete lock while in flight. same problem as a more robust charge mechanic though.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 March 2024 - 07:10 PM.

#6 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 172 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 10 March 2024 - 02:26 AM

Is there video? I want to see new pew pews. Posted Image

This time was not very friendly to me. Posted Image

PS: torsie is blind https://mwomercs.com...e-qa-vod-links/

Edited by torsie, 10 March 2024 - 02:28 AM.

#7 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 03:10 AM

Plasma cannon looks so cool, I'm going to boat as many of them as possible. Heat damage looks inconsequential, but I guess a Clan LPPC is fine too.

Silver bullet has no ghost heat? 2SBGR + 2HPPC/ERPPC maybe?

Magshot/AP gauss are going to be my new favorite weapon for sure. I'm already rebuilding as many things as possible using MGs and CASE as placeholders.

Not convinced the Proto ACs aren't just superior to the L-ACs, but I guess it's less of a straight upgrade than the C-AC/2 and C-AC/5 already are...

Beam laser looks like a bit of a wildcard. More DPS and less weight than the LXPL, but no way of increasing the DPS with quirks. It'll depend on how much sustainability it has, which is hard to judge due to the heat bar mechanic. That also seems like it'll put a damper on the usefulness of coolshots or heat quirks, assuming it works the same way as the flamers with heat continuously increasing over time. Certainly exciting to try out.

Thunderbolts are extremely disappointing, but roughly what I expected. Maybe I'll try it out if I have a sudden urge to watch a video game play itself for a few matches. I was kinda hoping for something like really high (MRM-ish) velocity with a really tiny tracking coefficient, so it'd be fast enough to dumbfire effectively while having just enough homing to help with leading at long range... But interesting gameplay that is substantially dependent on user input probably isn't truly possible with MWO's lock-on system, and if it were there'd be a 20-page salt thread complaning about Thunderbolts requiring more coordination or spatial awareness than a captcha box.

Edited by Wraith 1, 10 March 2024 - 03:22 AM.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 05:38 AM

dont think sbgauss needs heat, its just a more spready gauss with a faster charge, doing the same damage overall. it is not in the same weight class as hags.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 March 2024 - 05:39 AM.

#9 Ttly

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 05:47 AM

Thunderbolt looks terribad, worse than LRMs as even Streak MRMs with that velocity.
Tell me it at least has increased crit damage or something.

No clarification on whether AP/MgGauss can only fire 2 at a time or not. You can mount 8 of them on a Mist Lynx in place of HMGs and really poptart at people on medium laser range for 16 pinpoint damage each time without simultaneous fire limit.
The magshot being 2 slot stops even the Crael from mounting more than 8 but you can pair it up with MRMs to really peek at people I guess.

L/PACs are a bunch of whatevers.
I guess L/PAC 2 and 4/5 doesn't have overkill range and the lighter weight makes it a decent choice/practically an upgrade for anyone that isn't sniping all day long. Bad cooldown for sustained fire though.
PAC8 is the weird one, it has IS AC20 range but only 5.5t, unless you have more hardpoints than tonnage (ie Aksum) I don't see a reason to use 2PAC8 over a single cUAC10. Or even cUAC20 which has more range.

SBGauss spread is narrow enough that you can use it as a superior medium range gauss rifle thanks to its shorter CD.

Plasma cannon is a nothing burger, at least it doesn't have as terrible DPH as cERPPCs if only slightly.
Also you can mount them on more mechs cause it's only 3t 2s, so Ice Ferrets with plasma+ECM it is.
Unsure if plasma shots would disable ECM like PPC either.

Beam laser having flamer ramp down is such a stinker too. Inferior LXPL for sustained fire.

https://docs.google....f4zY/edit#gid=0

Edited by Ttly, 10 March 2024 - 06:05 AM.

#10 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 11:27 PM

Let's condense these topics into this one:
New Weapons Showcase / Q&a - Vod & Links

thread locked.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 10 March 2024 - 11:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users