Question Help Me

8 replies to this topic

#1 Raasky

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2024 - 12:49 PM

Got weird performance issue.
PC specs 2070 + 9600kf + 32 ddr4, game on SSD.
No matter ultrahigh or ultralow, FPS is somewhere near 40-60 on most maps, sometimes, like on solaris even lower. For example ultrahigh polar highlands got 50 fps and 60%/60% gpu cpu usage, according to afterburner.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 13 March 2024 - 01:36 PM

View PostRaasky, on 13 March 2024 - 12:49 PM, said:

Got weird performance issue.
PC specs 2070 + 9600kf + 32 ddr4, game on SSD.
No matter ultrahigh or ultralow, FPS is somewhere near 40-60 on most maps, sometimes, like on solaris even lower. For example ultrahigh polar highlands got 50 fps and 60%/60% gpu cpu usage, according to afterburner.

CryEngine was a very resource-hungry engine, and MWO isn't very well optimized for some machines - even good ones. Try This Thread for ways to tweak your settings and optimize your client - it's all legal to do in MWO, and I think they might have a sample config file that you can use if you don't want to comb through it all.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 March 2024 - 04:28 PM

The thread provided by Void Angel deals mainly with game/client settings but does not deal with actual system settings.
  • And since you are not new to the game, delete your shaders then repatch. There has been several threads/posts where players were seeing a FPS decrease but upon deleting the Shader cache, their FPS went back up.
  • System power options, update to High Performance from Balance/Power Saver
  • GPU - sent to Max Performance
  • Turn off AA
  • And as notated by VA, MWO is very resource hungry, esp to single core clock speed, more so than upgrading the GPU. Your CPU speed is 3.7ghz, but can do the layman temp OC to 4.6ghz with Turboboost. Depending on the outcome of the previous steps, check bios if it has a pre-built OC options. if so, test those out.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 March 2024 - 04:29 PM.

#4 Raasky

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 11:04 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 13 March 2024 - 04:28 PM, said:

The thread provided by Void Angel deals mainly with game/client settings but does not deal with actual system settings.
  • And since you are not new to the game, delete your shaders then repatch. There has been several threads/posts where players were seeing a FPS decrease but upon deleting the Shader cache, their FPS went back up.
  • System power options, update to High Performance from Balance/Power Saver
  • GPU - sent to Max Performance
  • Turn off AA
  • And as notated by VA, MWO is very resource hungry, esp to single core clock speed, more so than upgrading the GPU. Your CPU speed is 3.7ghz, but can do the layman temp OC to 4.6ghz with Turboboost. Depending on the outcome of the previous steps, check bios if it has a pre-built OC options. if so, test those out.

Yeah, thanks. Stuff about chache really helped.
Solaris still 40 fps TwT

#5 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 March 2024 - 11:51 AM

Fiddle with the game-engine settings. It can help a lot. While your 2070 should be showing its age, MWO is usually more CPU-limited than better optimized engines, but there should be a settings combination that will allow even Solaris City to run better.

#6 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 05:13 AM

View PostRaasky, on 14 March 2024 - 11:04 AM, said:

Yeah, thanks. Stuff about chache really helped.
Solaris still 40 fps TwT

That's nothing new, Solaris City has been a horrendous performance hog since it released.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 15 March 2024 - 11:25 AM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 15 March 2024 - 05:13 AM, said:

That's nothing new, Solaris City has been a horrendous performance hog since it released.

And Solaris City was the map that got me fiddling with my PC settings in the first place. I get 60 fps on it after adjustments, and over 80 on pretty much all other maps.

#8 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:58 AM

Just to add, Windows made an update that moved the Power Options out of Settings in the last few months AND set my Power Options from High Performance to Balanced /ggrrr. You should be able to reach it by typing in Control Panel then clicking on Power Options, and set it back to High Performance if it has been reset to Balanced.

As for Solaris, it was the map that I had the lowest FPS in but it was still in the 80+ fps range prior item ID Database fiasco back in November 2023, when it was causing massive crashes/disconnects for everyone. After that patch Solaris FPS started to drop, and as more items are added each month, its max/average FPS has continued to drop. The Feb patch it was extreme and only deleting the Shaders helped some but it is nowhere near the pre-November 2023 highs. I am good if I actually average 55+ on Solaris now but it will constantly drop to 30fps. Other maps are 80fps +, whereas prior to the Item ID Database issue/patch I was getting 100fps+.average.

https://mwomercs.com...te-known-issues

I believe what they did with the Item ID database was more of a workaround, that there are still unresolved issues. My system is a i5-8600K (3.6ghz) OC to 4.5ghz 16gig/ram and a Geforce RTS 2060 Super. Nor do I run with any AA enabled.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 March 2024 - 07:03 AM.

#9 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 March 2024 - 12:41 PM

That's weird, man. I'm not having any trouble at all with the map, but maybe my graphics card is more recent, or there's a compatibility issue somewhere...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users