Eq Match Scores Very Low For Event

3 replies to this topic

#1 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 04:51 PM

Just played a 25 minute match for a match score of 215...highest on our (losing) team was 300.

I *think* the winning team had someone get 315, most scores were in the 190-220 range though.

For a 25 minute match where there is an event going on based on match score, this is definitely not the way to go.

Any chance these EQ matches get their match scores tripled like the other rewards for EQ?

Then they might compare, maybe, with time spent in quickplay.

Just an idea.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 08:21 PM

fp also had this problem. they never fixed that either. when going for damage the deck format actually reigns supreme, but for match score, stick to qp. doesnt look like they are going to do damage this time though. suggest doing eq when they do the lance encounters.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 March 2024 - 08:23 PM.

#3 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 03:00 AM

There is a way to farm a lot of match score in dropdeck matches, but it's not exactly good for gameplay—there's a score multiplier based on how many mechs you have left.

The obvious problem is that this encourages you to farm/spawncamp the enemy team so hard they can't kill you, while also sharing armor as little as possible, which is boring and makes you kind of a jerk for doing it.

Posted Image
Spoiler

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 04:10 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 16 March 2024 - 03:00 AM, said:

There is a way to farm a lot of match score in dropdeck matches, but it's not exactly good for gameplay—there's a score multiplier based on how many mechs you have left.

The obvious problem is that this encourages you to farm/spawncamp the enemy team so hard they can't kill you, while also sharing armor as little as possible, which is boring and makes you kind of a jerk for doing it.

Posted Image
Spoiler

thats always been my problem with the divide down scoring mechanic. if you can play the entire match in one mech, you can farm a ton of score. of course getting people to form proper waves becomes difficult. when people with less skill try it, they end up wasting a whole lot of tonnage that the team desperately needed on the field while simultaneously using a low dps config at a range where you only get fractional damage.

i think id have done an undertonnage scoring mechanic instead where you get a flat bonus for every 5 tons you dont drop, but then again the same problem exists where people run squirrel decks to maximize their bonus. but at least its easier to keep your teams in lockstep so its better for teamwork. never though a penalty for burning a mech was a good idea in a mode that often required you to burn your mech.

i always played fp with the assumption that a mech only had to last 7 minutes and got to a point where i could calibrate my aggression thusly. still i had many games where the enemy was not very good and ended up only burning a single mech throught the match, no point ejecting at 90% health.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 March 2024 - 04:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users