127 replies to this topic

#121 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 09:18 AM

View PostStaude Coston, on 23 March 2024 - 01:49 PM, said:

It's nice that there are new weapons, but all of them are useless, especially on the clan side,
IS light AC are good and also enable new images
what I miss is the 120 tons for clan in FP
why isn't this changed?

Not sure how Clan assaults firing six beam lasers at once and melting people is useless...NONSENSE is more like it!

These things should have a hard firing limit like gauss - two or three at once, maximum.

Edited by An6ryMan69, 29 March 2024 - 09:19 AM.

#122 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 29 March 2024 - 02:14 PM

The heat scale limit for Beam Lasers is 2, so most people assume that they can't effectively mount that many of them. The problem is twofold: first, the heat scale limit isn't working right. I think it's only applying to the initial burn, and holding down the button simply costs you the base 3/second heat. Second, the weapon system kind of sucks unless you're boating a bunch of them. Even with 5 in a match just now, I only did 375 damage - although I killed three people.

So I think they might be bugged (I asked the Cauldron,) but they might also be kind of hard to balance because you can really dial in your accuracy with them, and there's no gap in laser fire for enemies to stop twisting and fight back.

#123 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 30 March 2024 - 02:23 PM

Update - apparently the way beam lasers are working is definitely not intended, and they're planning on a fix next patch or something.

#124 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 04:01 PM

Yesterday I experimented with LAC-5.
I managed to find out that the actual cooldown of these guns does not correspond to the declared one (2.15 sec). In reality, approximately 2.3 seconds pass between the first press of the button and the second shot from the LAC-5. The difference is approximately 7%.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 03 April 2024 - 04:07 PM.

#125 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 12:42 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 03 April 2024 - 04:01 PM, said:

Yesterday I experimented with LAC-5.
I managed to find out that the actual cooldown of these guns does not correspond to the declared one (2.15 sec). In reality, approximately 2.3 seconds pass between the first press of the button and the second shot from the LAC-5. The difference is approximately 7%.

Cooldown starts when the weapon is done firing and lac5 fires 2 projectiles with about 0.11 seconds between volleys.

#126 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 04 April 2024 - 12:03 PM

This is the same difficulty people run into when they test laser weapons, as well.

#127 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 05:44 PM

dario03
I agree that the difference is caused by the double LAC-5 shot.

#128 Bon Freeley

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 09:43 AM

I just wanted to thank you guys, at the Cauldron, for all the work you have done to this game! Your efforts and dedication make this game to us, simple Mechwarriors a great deal more enjoyable... at least your service is definitely being met with gratitude on my part. I always fancied the Kintaro, been piloting a Golden Boy, and was eyeing the Vindicator for a long time. Now both became extremely fun to play, which was the whole point of your meticulous balancing work, I guess.

Thanks for making this game more fun!

Keep rockin',
Bon Freeley

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users