• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 21 March 2024 - 01:47 PM

View Posttorsie, on 20 March 2024 - 07:39 AM, said:

Skill give only 16 ammo, it should be at least 50 or even 100. Posted Image

Its using the normal gauss ammo logic since this is just gauss ammo and the highest amount for light gauss is 20 shots. Probably an oversight and will get fixed next patch. Hell if the nodes give a decent amount of extra ammo then there won't be nearly as much need for quirks.

#22 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 05:31 AM

I don't know if the flea 19 needs an ammo buff.
You can fit plenty of ammo if you cut the engine size.
Comparing 8 mags to a snub, you're getting better DMG, better heat, better velocity, and a more discreet projectile from the mags than you could from a snub... So cutting some engine size feels like balanced trade.

Edited by feeWAIVER, 22 March 2024 - 05:32 AM.

#23 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 22 March 2024 - 07:56 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 22 March 2024 - 05:31 AM, said:

I don't know if the flea 19 needs an ammo buff.
You can fit plenty of ammo if you cut the engine size.
Comparing 8 mags to a snub, you're getting better DMG, better heat, better velocity, and a more discreet projectile from the mags than you could from a snub... So cutting some engine size feels like balanced trade.

Cut it down to what? A 145 only gains you a half ton and a 125 nets you one ton both at the expense of shaving off even more armor. It's ok though, mechs with projectile ammo quirks will have the new weapons added next patch.

#24 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 08:36 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 22 March 2024 - 07:56 AM, said:

Cut it down to what? A 145 only gains you a half ton and a 125 nets you one ton both at the expense of shaving off even more armor. It's ok though, mechs with projectile ammo quirks will have the new weapons added next patch.

Going by memory.. engine that goes 130kph.. using single heat sinks.. I think I got 4.5 tons of ammo?

#25 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 173 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 22 March 2024 - 10:21 AM

I can not go down too much, every time you go down, you need to put in more heat sinks, that is silly.
I think maybe 0,5 ton. But that is already using XL engine which is super bad and removing armour on some things. Posted Image

I can remove some guns, but that makes my LMGs better.

Skill and quirk give so much ammo, I use only 1 ton for 612 damage. I think doing 400 damage for 1 ton would be ok. With skills and quriks. Posted Image

fle-19 Void Angel Mk. III do not steal !!

Edited by torsie, 22 March 2024 - 10:45 AM.

#26 Rabid Imp

• PipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 02:15 PM

Been using 1SNPPC and 2 Magshot. Works just fine 10+4 pintpoint + Splash, but it does need more ammo; I usually run out about halfway through a game.

#27 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 22 March 2024 - 03:39 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 22 March 2024 - 08:36 AM, said:

Going by memory.. engine that goes 130kph.. using single heat sinks.. I think I got 4.5 tons of ammo?

The xl155 goes 130kph but thats the same 5 tons as the 170. The first lower rated engine to save any weight is the xl145 and this is the only way to cram in 4.5 tons ammo which ~still~ is only 900 potential damage.

fle-19

Thats simply not enough for a common match and its too much stripped armor for a short range build. Every point counts with a flea. To be able to freely use magshot especially outside of optimal its going to need at least 1200 potential if not closer to 1500 or else you will be struggling to break 500 damage. Even dropping some magshots to wedge in an energy is still going to leave you low.

#28 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 06:56 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 22 March 2024 - 03:39 PM, said:

The xl155 goes 130kph but thats the same 5 tons as the 170. The first lower rated engine to save any weight is the xl145 and this is the only way to cram in 4.5 tons ammo which ~still~ is only 900 potential damage.

fle-19

Thats simply not enough for a common match and its too much stripped armor for a short range build. Every point counts with a flea. To be able to freely use magshot especially outside of optimal its going to need at least 1200 potential if not closer to 1500 or else you will be struggling to break 500 damage. Even dropping some magshots to wedge in an energy is still going to leave you low.

Ok I logged on to check it-
It is an XL 145 engine, speed tweaked, 4 tons of skilled ammo-
So max speed is 132.1.. Total damage is capped at 928.

My point being, if we are weighing this against a snub build, I'd say this is a balanced and fair trade- considering your doing 16 direct dmg vs 10+5. You have a more discreet weapon that harder to visually track, with better velocity than a snub and much better heat control.

fle-19

Edited by feeWAIVER, 22 March 2024 - 07:12 PM.

#29 Rabid Imp

• PipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 07:56 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 22 March 2024 - 06:56 PM, said:

My point being, if we are weighing this against a snub build, I'd say this is a balanced and fair trade- considering your doing 16 direct dmg vs 10+5. You have a more discreet weapon that harder to visually track, with better velocity than a snub and much better heat control.

fle-19

You can fit 2 Mags with a SNPPC. that takes your damage to 14 direct +5 spread. You will run out of ammo currently, but you still have your snub, and it just requires a small shave of armor on the arms.

Velocity is not a huge deal at 270m, neither is discreet, and snubs are actually hard to see. The heat is about the only thing you really getting, and that does help quite a bit.

You can also lower the engine from 180 and get some more ammo. You retain speed for 2 less pinpoint, but more overall damage.

Edited by Rabid Imp, 22 March 2024 - 08:21 PM.

#30 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 22 March 2024 - 07:59 PM

Eh its a moot discussion because any IS mech with an mg ammo bonus will get magshot ammo bonus next patch.

#31 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 08:38 PM

View PostRabid Imp, on 22 March 2024 - 07:56 PM, said:

You can fit 2 Mags with a SNPPC. that takes your damage to 14 direct +5 spread. You will run out of ammo currently, but you still have your snub, and it just requires a small shave of armor on the arms.

Velocity is not a huge deal at 270m, neither is discreet, and snubs are actually hard to see. The heat is about the only thing you really getting, and that does help quite a bit.

You can also lower the engine from 180 and get some more ammo. You retain speed for 2 less pinpoint, but more overall damage.

I can feel the difference in velocity, and discreetness certainly matters- I'm talking about not drawing attention from a 3rd party and drawing a line directly to myself.

That's a pretty nasty build you shared though.. but I'm only getting a half a ton of ammo in it.. like 29 shots- 116 extra dmg potential.

Edited by feeWAIVER, 22 March 2024 - 08:39 PM.

#32 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 23 March 2024 - 12:49 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 21 March 2024 - 01:47 PM, said:

Its using the normal gauss ammo logic since this is just gauss ammo and the highest amount for light gauss is 20 shots. Probably an oversight and will get fixed next patch. Hell if the nodes give a decent amount of extra ammo then there won't be nearly as much need for quirks.

True, but as it stands now the Mag Shot is a tad too heavy for smaller lights due to ammo issues. Which is a shame. Maybe they should just add a blanket shot/ton for Mags and AP then you wouldn't even need quirking

Edited by Weeny Machine, 23 March 2024 - 12:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users