5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowdusk

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 72 posts
  • LocationIn the depths of nowhere.

Posted 19 March 2024 - 03:58 PM

Okay the new SB rifles are awesome but they don't register damage at any range most of the time. I did 207 damage in a match where I was alive for 10 minutes and I hit people 68 times out of an ammo of 96. Yet 207 damage? Something isn't right. Regular Gauss doesn't do this.

PS I started counted because it happening.

Edited by Shadowdusk, 19 March 2024 - 03:59 PM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 06:46 AM

keep in mind that SB Gauss fires 3 projectiles. If only one hits, your HUD will register a hit, but only 5 dmg will be applied. This may even be further reduced by damage reduction (weapon bay doors, destroyed components)

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 21 March 2024 - 06:47 AM.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 March 2024 - 07:28 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 March 2024 - 06:46 AM, said:

keep in mind that SB Gauss fires 3 projectiles. If only one hits, your HUD will register a hit, but only 5 dmg will be applied. This may even be further reduced by damage reduction (weapon bay doors, destroyed components)

Just to add, for destroyed components, the damage hitting a destroyed ST, Arm or Leg transfer only 40% (damage is reduced by 60%) from the first location. But say the damage hits a destroyed Leg, 40% is transferred to the Side Torso. If Side Torso has also been destroyed then the damage transferred to the CT is reduced by another 60%, applying only 40% of the revised transferred damage.

Example 10 damage hits Destroyed Arm (arm stub), transferring 4 damage points to ST. If ST was also destroyed then only 40% of that 4 revised damage would then be transferred to the CT, applying 1.6 damage of damage points to the CT.

Now, why would someone twist their torso to show the destroyed side, or either destroyed side? To kill you, the shooter has to fire more often since the damaged portions are absorbing damage, reducing their incoming damage. This also means if the shooter is concentrating on you, they are not firing on other teammates, hoping who are close and able to fire on your shooter and not taking their damage. Too often players are blinded to what is going on around them, trying to get a kill on a mech that MIGHT have a weapon in the CT or head, or no weapons at all in those locations. And if they have Heat Override on and redlining their heatbar, they could potentially end up killing themselves too Posted Image .

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 March 2024 - 07:40 AM.

#4 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 01:16 AM

This thread was moved to General Discussion

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 04:20 AM

you know how many 500+ match score games i had in the warthog since the patch?

nvm ignore me im stupid.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 March 2024 - 04:21 AM.

#6 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 07:58 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 23 March 2024 - 07:28 AM, said:

Just to add, for destroyed components, the damage hitting a destroyed ST, Arm or Leg transfer only 40% (damage is reduced by 60%) from the first location. But say the damage hits a destroyed Leg, 40% is transferred to the Side Torso. If Side Torso has also been destroyed then the damage transferred to the CT is reduced by another 60%, applying only 40% of the revised transferred damage.

Example 10 damage hits Destroyed Arm (arm stub), transferring 4 damage points to ST. If ST was also destroyed then only 40% of that 4 revised damage would then be transferred to the CT, applying 1.6 damage of damage points to the CT.

Now, why would someone twist their torso to show the destroyed side, or either destroyed side? To kill you, the shooter has to fire more often since the damaged portions are absorbing damage, reducing their incoming damage. This also means if the shooter is concentrating on you, they are not firing on other teammates, hoping who are close and able to fire on your shooter and not taking their damage. Too often players are blinded to what is going on around them, trying to get a kill on a mech that MIGHT have a weapon in the CT or head, or no weapons at all in those locations. And if they have Heat Override on and redlining their heatbar, they could potentially end up killing themselves too Posted Image .

I did not realized the arm stub counted after the side torso was destroyed. Interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users