10 replies to this topic

#1 Landeun

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 07:53 PM

Title: Scattershots and Thunderbolts
Description: Thunderbolt missiles on the Shadowhawk-Scattershot will randomly arc all over the place when locked on. Dry-fire is unaffected. Missiles will arc into the sky and run out of range before reaching a target within 300 meters, or they will fly a few meters in front of you and U-Turn right back into your own mech before slamming into the ground behind you.
Reproduction Rate: 80%; Issue is sporadic but happens often.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Load this mech into your mech build (not an actual build, just 5xThunderbolt5s AGh82051|Ug|i^|h@pa0|h@|h@|h@qa0|QP|QP|QP|QP|QP|QP|QP|RPr00s00tb0ub0v<0|h@w303030 )
2. Enter Testing Grounds for any map.
3. Locate an enemy mech
4. Lock on, and fire away.
5. Missiles may randomly go in all directions most of the time, or will decide to perfectly lock on.
6. Repeat with the next mech.

Video Evidence using the exact same mech as posted above.
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 20 March 2024 - 06:49 AM

This is the same issue they had with LRM's when they reduced their arc of fire a couple patches ago. Same mechanic. And since they gave Thunderbolts a lower arc of fire than LRM's, they reproduced the bug on the Thunderbolts.

Thanks for documenting. Hopefully they'll increase the arc of fire to resolve this.

EDIT - confirmed. Loaded up your build on a scattershot and dropped on River City testing grounds. I could not hit the target Atlas at all while I was moving. If I stood still the missiles fired straight, but while moving the missiles would usually take off going nearly straight up. Some would correct, but most missed, hitting the ground or landing far behind the target.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 20 March 2024 - 06:57 AM.

#3 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 20 March 2024 - 07:19 AM

So hey, just wondering... the Scattershot has spread Penalties right? Like +35% base on lbx autocannons, some are +85% spread, also missile spread penalties for specific categories like MRM 10, 20... depending on how Thunderbolt are categorized, couldn't that penalty make certain that the true "aim" of the missiles is outside the lock on envelope/arc and it cannot track onto the target?

I mean, when moving there is inherent spread just from movement and host state issues as well - but in training grounds, less HSR you still have that your true reticle aim is being thrown off by the spread penalties, all those that apply to Thunderbolt missiles so especially when moving and trying to keep reticle on target you may not really be getting the lock on for the full volley or any of it really.

Heck, just wondering about this myself I realized those penalties amount to over +100%(105%) for certain weapon groups vastly throwing off the true aim point and track of the projectile/missile.

Edited by Mad Porthos, 20 March 2024 - 07:20 AM.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 20 March 2024 - 08:12 AM

Fair point. So I tried the same test with a Kintaro Golden Boy. Same issue.

#5 rox5tar

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 25 posts
  • LocationOut of Bounds

Posted 20 March 2024 - 08:14 AM

Don't have the time to test it too much, but this issue also seems to be prevalent on the Mauler MX90. Tested with two Thunderbolt 20s. It didn't feel like the 80% you were reporting, maybe more like 50%. Missiles would either spread quite a bit and stop tracking the target, or just go straight into the ground. Seemed to be on a per volley basis, meaning if the volley was a "bad volley" then none of the missiles would hit.

Edited by rox5tar, 20 March 2024 - 08:18 AM.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 06:50 AM

be aware that this is mostly limited to the testing grounds. TG is hosted n your system which may be not locked to 60FPS, live environment servers are locked to 60FPS.

#7 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 01:20 AM

This thread was moved to General Discussion

#8 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 March 2024 - 09:16 PM

Lock on missiles have always behaved oddly on the client test maps ergo put a salvo of lrm into the rear of a mech and it will register on front armor and vice versa or weird trajectories. Try the fit in a series of live matches and see if you can reproduce. So far in my live use of thunderbolts they have been flying true to target.

#9 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:09 PM

It only happens on training grounds, so don't worry.

#10 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 609 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 March 2024 - 04:02 PM

View Postkalashnikity, on 27 March 2024 - 11:09 PM, said:

It only happens on training grounds, so 40kdon't worry.

this right here. my mad4hp fires them all crazy like in testing grounds, but in matches it must be working. 500 to 700 dmg matches

#11 DirtyDogg

Rookie

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 06:07 PM

Marauder-4HP tested in training grounds in both HPG Manifold and Forest Colony with 8x thunderbolt 5s in 2 weapon groupings tested both in chain fire and salvo.

In HPG Manifold I had a similar 80% failure rate with missiles either tracking up behind me then turning around and running out of range before reaching target (static) or just plowing straight down into the ground at my feet.

All launchers were mounted in the side torsos.

On Forest Colony the had about a 15% failure rate with the missiles launching straight up then turning to track to target. Did NOT have repetition of missiles launching straight into the ground.

I have yet to test in matches.

Edited by DirtyDogg, 06 April 2024 - 06:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users