Otomo Quirks?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kareekoe

• Pip
  • Death Star
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 04:22 AM

What are the quirks of the Otomo Pack mechs and are they different in any statistical way?

Or do they have the same quirks and stuff as the standard variant with the only different being they have a (letter) + unique skin and a +30% C-Bill gain?

Wondering for the sake of informational thoroughness.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 04:48 AM

View PostKareekoe, on 20 March 2024 - 04:22 AM, said:

What are the quirks of the Otomo Pack mechs and are they different in any statistical way?

Or do they have the same quirks and stuff as the standard variant with the only different being they have a (letter) + unique skin and a +30% C-Bill gain?

Wondering for the sake of informational thoroughness.

I think that they have the same quirks as their standard models - just like Platinum 'Mechs.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 March 2024 - 12:46 PM

View Postmartian, on 20 March 2024 - 04:48 AM, said:

I think that they have the same quirks as their standard models - just like Platinum 'Mechs.

Same as all Specials, for that matter, regardless of their letter indicator.

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 10:37 PM

View PostHorseman, on 22 March 2024 - 12:46 PM, said:

Same as all Specials, for that matter, regardless of their letter indicator.

Just another boring PGI's cash grab.

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 March 2024 - 02:17 AM

View Postmartian, on 22 March 2024 - 10:37 PM, said:

Just another boring PGI's cash grab.

It's just a recycle of content they already produced for MW5 coupled with Special variants of chassis that IIRC didn't have one before. The latter is still welcome as it provides more C-Bill boosted chassis options.

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 02:44 AM

View PostHorseman, on 23 March 2024 - 02:17 AM, said:

It's just a recycle of content they already produced for MW5 coupled with Special variants of chassis that IIRC didn't have one before. The latter is still welcome as it provides more C-Bill boosted chassis options.

A boring rehash of old tired 'Mechs. I am not sure if I have seen more than one or two in the game.

#7 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 01:22 AM

This thread was moved to General Discussion

#8 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 09:45 AM

My guess is that the new weapons took up the bulk of what little development capacity is available for MWO for this cycle and the Otomo pack was an easy way to do a monthly release when they didn't have time for a full-up Legend 'Mech development. The pack's a decent value for the money, especially for people who don't have a huge collection of crap already stocked up. So nobody here on the forums, but I still see new players periodically, and newbies could do worse than two heavy and four assault 'Mechs, all decent-if-not-amazing at the minimum, 20M C-bills, 600GSP, and shinies for twenty bucks. Frankly I've considered it myself since I don't have most of those variants and the paints are slick, but eh. I've got better uses for twenty bucks at the moment. Nothing wrong with the pack, and I'll take a 'cash grab' if it means freeing up dev space for doing this new batch of weapons.

#9 AvocadoKai

Rookie

• The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 12:26 AM

I'm a bit sad the Kintaro wasn't included in the set. Am also surprised they went with an oni menpo decal instead of the Otomo emblem I saw elsewhere. It is interesting regardless. Like R said though, 4 assaults alone for 20 munnies is pretty sweet, the goodies and the ability to put those bolt ons and paint jobs on other mechs is icing on the cake.

I guess the true value comes from how much you like Kurita or those chassis types. Or shiny gold that you can tint.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users