3 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:43 AM

March's patch is a somewhat success IMO. Regardless of how some feel about the weapons, changes that are needed, etc.

However, there is a need for new equipment.

With that in mind, here's what I believe should be added. Mind you, weapons are secondary.

Bloodhound Active Probe, an improved version of the Beagle. Increased range makes all the difference, and would help in finding stealth units like a certain pesky Locust and Flea.

Angel ECM Suite, like the Bloodhound, a more compacted and improved version of the Guardian. Of course, if used, it'll make things difficult to get locks with missiles, etc. And give the same pesky Locust/Flea I mentioned, even more the means to be an even bigger annoying pest. Wipe that smirk off your face, Locust Pilot!

Various new armors like reflective Armor and Hardened Armor would be nice.

The one I want the most is this: Watchdog CEWS. Combines both ECM and Active Probes. It's a two in one kind of thing. In short, one gets the best of both worlds wrapped in a nice one and half ton package that takes up two critical slots. Not a bad deal.

From MechWarrior 5: EW Active Probe and EW Countermeasures. Those would be nice, and like the Advance Sensor Packs, neither Guardian, or Beagle, can be used with these. IMO, this should be a priority aside from the Bloodhound AP and Angel ECM. Due to the fact, that one, their readily available, and two, should easily be portable over to MWO.

Artemis V, just an updated version of the Artemis IV.

Coolant Pods, just an enhancement for the C-bill/MC version of the same we use in game, and should add extra coolant ability. Just one extra per coolant flush purchased. Meaning, if someone is using Coolant Flush, and we are, then we have four attempts of flushing heat.
That's all. No need for balancing issues, etc.

Compact Heat Sinks. Used exclusively for the Inner Sphere Mechs, and would allow for more space that could be used for weapons and ammo, and other goodies.

XL Gyro. Would be nice to have, so that, we the players, can have more weight for ammo and weapons.

I guess that's it. Leave comment if you feel there's something I missed, or that, you disagree with me.

#2 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 21 March 2024 - 08:51 AM

XL gyro, small cockpit... Sounds good at first but they has their own disadvantages! Like IS XL engines (and if we had XXL engines).
Reactive and reflective armour may sounds good at first. But if you chose reflective because assume lasers and got some ACboats... Hurt! And then people came to cry about it and demand buff\nerf\whatever...
Hardened armour sounds fair.

#3 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 10:10 AM

View PostHawk819, on 21 March 2024 - 08:43 AM, said:

March's patch is a somewhat success IMO. Regardless of how some feel about the weapons, changes that are needed, etc.

However, there is a need for new equipment.

With that in mind, here's what I believe should be added. Mind you, weapons are secondary.

Bloodhound Active Probe, an improved version of the Beagle. Increased range makes all the difference, and would help in finding stealth units like a certain pesky Locust and Flea.

Angel ECM Suite, like the Bloodhound, a more compacted and improved version of the Guardian. Of course, if used, it'll make things difficult to get locks with missiles, etc. And give the same pesky Locust/Flea I mentioned, even more the means to be an even bigger annoying pest. Wipe that smirk off your face, Locust Pilot!

Various new armors like reflective Armor and Hardened Armor would be nice.

The one I want the most is this: Watchdog CEWS. Combines both ECM and Active Probes. It's a two in one kind of thing. In short, one gets the best of both worlds wrapped in a nice one and half ton package that takes up two critical slots. Not a bad deal.

From MechWarrior 5: EW Active Probe and EW Countermeasures. Those would be nice, and like the Advance Sensor Packs, neither Guardian, or Beagle, can be used with these. IMO, this should be a priority aside from the Bloodhound AP and Angel ECM. Due to the fact, that one, their readily available, and two, should easily be portable over to MWO.

Artemis V, just an updated version of the Artemis IV.

Coolant Pods, just an enhancement for the C-bill/MC version of the same we use in game, and should add extra coolant ability. Just one extra per coolant flush purchased. Meaning, if someone is using Coolant Flush, and we are, then we have four attempts of flushing heat.
That's all. No need for balancing issues, etc.

Compact Heat Sinks. Used exclusively for the Inner Sphere Mechs, and would allow for more space that could be used for weapons and ammo, and other goodies.

XL Gyro. Would be nice to have, so that, we the players, can have more weight for ammo and weapons.

I guess that's it. Leave comment if you feel there's something I missed, or that, you disagree with me.

The only way I could see small cockpits working as a purchasable item (mostly for the extra hard point, but an extra ton of weight savings would be very nice), is for it to give a heat penalty.

I want compact gyros too, so I can put 4 hard points on a CT, weight penalty

I see PGI has done some "one of" examples, as I've been asking. Warlord with the small cockpit, and the Christmas Commando with the compact gyro.

I had hoped there was a chance PGI would make these purchasable options, unfortunately it looks like they are going to only be putting them in Legendadries and special event mechs.

There are many other examples of mods like this.

#4 MrTBSC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 01:48 PM

so personally i do enjoy the new weapons quite a bit, there are some nice additions to better mix and match with already existing weaponbuilds allowing to add that little bit extra ... there sure is some tweaking necessary but imo that simply is to be expected ...
so yea nice to have all that new stuff Posted Image
gonna be interesting with what new builds and ideas players and streamers may come up with

Edit:

as for new equipment
hardened armor would definitively be interesting on the IS battlemechside and likely incentivize people to run IS XL engines on heavier mechs ..

reactive and reflective armor though ... hmmm ... i don´t realy know ... i don´t find either of them really useful simply on how much different builds are run within the quick match ... not everyone is gonna run energy or laservomit builds ... on light mechs neither option really feels useful for how light armored they generally are compared to heavy mechs ... i can see reflective armor heaving SOME use but not really reactive armor ..

Edited by MrTBSC, 22 March 2024 - 06:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users