6 replies to this topic

#1 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 25 March 2024 - 08:08 PM

TTB put up a video about the new Duncan Fisher Thunderbolt and said you could get it free for having put the latest DLC in your wish list on Steam.

How do I get it?

I had it on my wish list and bought it when it released, so how do I claim the mech?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 09:06 PM

View Post1Exitar1, on 25 March 2024 - 08:08 PM, said:

TTB put up a video about the new Duncan Fisher Thunderbolt and said you could get it free for having put the latest DLC in your wish list on Steam.

How do I get it?

I had it on my wish list and bought it when it released, so how do I claim the mech?

The free Duncan Fisher's TDR-9S(S) Thunderbolt is for MechWarrior Online.

To obtain this free 'Mech, you had to post in this thread: Guess Who's Back - Wishlist Solaris Showdown!
Did you post there? If you did not, you can not claim the 'Mech.

Buying the MW5 Solaris DLC alone (or wishlisting it on Steam) does not grant the free Thunderbolt in MWO.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 09:15 PM

the offer has expired. if you did wishlist and post on time, check your filters.

#4 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 26 March 2024 - 06:46 AM

View Postmartian, on 25 March 2024 - 09:06 PM, said:

The free Duncan Fisher's TDR-9S(S) Thunderbolt is for MechWarrior Online.

To obtain this free 'Mech, you had to post in this thread: Guess Who's Back - Wishlist Solaris Showdown!
Did you post there? If you did not, you can not claim the 'Mech.

Buying the MW5 Solaris DLC alone (or wishlisting it on Steam) does not grant the free Thunderbolt in MWO.

Did I post it on that thread? No. Last night was the first time I had heard of it.

Thanks for the answers.

Mods, you can close this thread. Thanks!

#5 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 08:08 AM

The Duncan Fisher "Hero" 'Mech is a bone stock TDR-9S with a Hotrod camo pattern applied and probably existing colors, though I don't have a precise match since I don't own all the colors. The only thing you can't directly reproduce in-game is the C-Bonus and the (S) designation. I do not believe the 'Mech has any special built-in cockpit swag a'la the Heavy Metal's integral warhorns.

Frankly that kinda feels like the way they should've done 'Hero' 'Mechs the whole time. A clone of an existing variant with a C-Bonus, the swag-ash paintjobs, and possibly fun stuff like custom geo, integral warhorns, or other fluff. If Piranha wanted to introduce their own zinger variants like most Heroes are, just release them as apocryphal variants and then offer the C-Boosted Hero for that variant. Either way though, the Duncan Fisher 'Hero' 'Mech is just a T-Bolt with a Hotrod paint scheme and janky colors. Which sucks because IT SHOULDA BEEN AN UZIEL, but eh. Oh well.

#6 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 March 2024 - 04:53 PM

i missed out on it as well so don't feel bad. they sort of stealth dropped the DLC so i heard nothing about it until after the free give-a-way was over. its sad because i kind of like the Thunderbolt. hell i didn't even know about the DLC until one of the youtubers i watch was doing a showcase on it. (i will hold off getting it until its been out for a while as every time they drop a new DLC it breaks all my mods)

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 11:23 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 26 March 2024 - 04:53 PM, said:

i missed out on it as well so don't feel bad. they sort of stealth dropped the DLC so i heard nothing about it until after the free give-a-way was over. its sad because i kind of like the Thunderbolt. hell i didn't even know about the DLC until one of the youtubers i watch was doing a showcase on it. (i will hold off getting it until its been out for a while as every time they drop a new DLC it breaks all my mods)

That Thunderbolt is just an ordinary TDR-9S that you can buy in the store any day. It is that warhorn that you can not obtain elsewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users