4 replies to this topic

#1 Moppy2000

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 01:26 AM

Hi,

after looking at the ghost heat table at MechDB, I thought that it would be possible to fire more than 2 cGauss Rifles or HAG 20 at a single time since they have a maximum of 6 (9 respectively) before ghost heat is applied. But no matter how I configure my weapons groups I can not fire more than 2 of said guns. Is this intended or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers!

#2 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 02:18 AM

max 2 gauss weapons charged at time (not including new c-AP-Gauss).
Intended as you would NOT want to encounter something like sr-4 that could alpha...

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 03:00 AM

The higher GH threshold on the Gauss Rifle group is is set so they will not interfere with PPCs, which are in the same group. The charge-up mechanic is limited to two weapons per charge anyway.

#4 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 04:56 AM

The MechDB Ghost heat tables go all the way up to 12 on all weapons, even weapons that could not ever be feasibly fired or even mounted in that number such as AC/20s. The Ghost Heat value for firing twelve UAC/20s at once is a hilarious 2,233.44 heat for the shot, and if you ever find a way to do it in game without hacking post a clip so we can all have fun watching the fireworks.

#5 Moppy2000

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 11:13 AM

View PostCurccu, on 26 March 2024 - 02:18 AM, said:

Intended as you would NOT want to encounter something like sr-4 that could alpha...

The quad cGR + ERLL build on the SR-1 was behind my question. Posted Image

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 26 March 2024 - 03:00 AM, said:

The higher GH threshold on the Gauss Rifle group is is set so they will not interfere with PPCs, which are in the same group. The charge-up mechanic is limited to two weapons per charge anyway.

Thanks, I somehow forgot about the PPCs while trying different loadouts. Now it makes sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users