Since Last Patch - Matches Over Quickly?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Jag Hiroshi

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 11:42 AM

Is it me or are a lot of matches quick stomps since the last patch?

Even the games that last are usually a stomp followed be the search for an elusive Flea.

By the time I'm set up to snip like a mech dad, the game is as good as over.

#2 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 12:12 PM

It tends to happen when new weapons are introduced.

People go wild experimenting with builds seeing what works and what doesn't and that leads to a greater imbalance of viable mechs vs test builds.

#3 An Infant

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 07:04 PM

Yeah, so stomps...

#4 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 March 2024 - 05:37 AM

Last night i was leveling Howl. Won 2 lost 14. Why? I don't know but it was like everything was off, my team often melted away the first 4 minutes for some reason.

#5 Hagen Zwosta

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 09:10 AM

Yes at the moment it is stomps only. The MM seems to have changed and puts all the passive and afk players in one team.
They never expose, dont shoot at anything and just wait behind a rock or in a hole until it is their turn to die.
And this team usually also has all LRM assault mechs.

Edited by Hagen Zwosta, 29 March 2024 - 09:10 AM.

#6 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 09:37 AM

As always, only dropping to Tier 4 makes game relatively playable. Otherwise it's about deathball stomps. So what? As always. It's about Tier 3 being stomped by Tier 1? How about fixing your matchmaker? I shouldn't suffer from Tier 1 players having long queue times. It's their problem, not mine.

Relatively playable means, that it's still loss streak. But at least it's not 1m stompfest. Yesterday it was enough for me to play 3-4 matches to drop from 10% Tier 3 to Tier 4. That's how bad matchmaking was.

Edited by MrMadguy, 29 March 2024 - 09:57 AM.

#7 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 29 March 2024 - 11:38 AM

Do note there is a event going on so the quality of matches have dropped, plus new weapons have been introduced so that also effect the quality of matches as well.

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 12:29 PM

I have played a few games today.

I have been farmed maybe five or six times in a row by the same 4-man premade.

The idea that I would spend a penny on MWO is beyond ridiculous.

#9 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 01:40 PM

View Postmartian, on 29 March 2024 - 12:29 PM, said:

I have played a few games today.

I have been farmed maybe five or six times in a row by the same 4-man premade.

The idea that I would spend a penny on MWO is beyond ridiculous.

x2

Yeah - just a crazy hot mess...between premades and the matchmaker crippled by the EQ being turned on...perfect time to spend a weekend doing anything else but this.

#10 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:35 AM

I don't need much. I just want to play several matches a day to complete event. And even such small task isn't possible to complete, if each match is stomp, where I earn just ~100dmg. How do you want to make players like you game again and return to it, if you meet them with immediate bunch of stomps? It's dead loop. You want to make queues shorter to prevent players from stopping playing this game, but you make them stop playing it via stompfests.

#11 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 10:50 AM

The EQ event is over now and you should be able to get in some more decent matches.

I played more than I thought I would due to sick with COVID, I just embraced the lunacy and ended up having a good weekend on MWO through the Easter long weekend. I dropped down well into a lower player tier but whatever. Hard to do "well" in the chaos - I noted that in one "stomp" match the losing team had SEVEN players with match scores of less than 100 (No, it wasn't a game won by capping, they were all dead...) - nobody really "wins" when that's the case! LOL!

#12 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 10:57 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 30 March 2024 - 09:35 AM, said:

I don't need much. I just want to play several matches a day to complete event. And even such small task isn't possible to complete, if each match is stomp, where I earn just ~100dmg. How do you want to make players like you game again and return to it, if you meet them with immediate bunch of stomps? It's dead loop. You want to make queues shorter to prevent players from stopping playing this game, but you make them stop playing it via stompfests.

if you're only earning 100 damage per match that's a you problem. That's like three left-clicks from most builds.

#13 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 11:15 PM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 02 April 2024 - 10:50 AM, said:

The EQ event is over now and you should be able to get in some more decent matches.

I played more than I thought I would due to sick with COVID, I just embraced the lunacy and ended up having a good weekend on MWO through the Easter long weekend. I dropped down well into a lower player tier but whatever. Hard to do "well" in the chaos - I noted that in one "stomp" match the losing team had SEVEN players with match scores of less than 100 (No, it wasn't a game won by capping, they were all dead...) - nobody really "wins" when that's the case! LOL!

Nope. Sometimes I can get several good matches in a middle of day and climb back to Tier 3. But matchmaking was terrible at yesterday's evening again. May be it's event, that encourages players to use deathball tactic? I haven't seen such bad matchmaking for a long time. That viscous matches.

View Postpattonesque, on 02 April 2024 - 10:57 AM, said:

if you're only earning 100 damage per match that's a you problem. That's like three left-clicks from most builds.

Yeah, that old song. I'm just 1 of 24 and it's always me, who should be blamed for my bad matches in Tier 4, that is one tier away from noob Tier.

Edited by MrMadguy, 02 April 2024 - 11:18 PM.

#14 Djinnhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 02:09 AM

It feels like some people on each team are trying to lose on purpose at times. Some of the things they do in a match are baffling.

#15 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 02:27 AM

Keep in mind that QP-games are often used as a real-time build-laboratory. The recent influx of new weapon systems and the connected build-implications likely affect the degree of match-volatility / match-time.

#16 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 04:11 AM

View PostDjinnhammer, on 03 April 2024 - 02:09 AM, said:

It feels like some people on each team are trying to lose on purpose at times. Some of the things they do in a match are baffling.

People who can't see why sending 6 mechs after 1 assault in the basement is pants on head stupid and an obvious selfish attempt to be the guy that gets the kill
People who rotate INTO the wall sniper's line of fire without shooting at said sniper while screaming "******* SNIPERS"
People who walk in front of a UAC or RAC boat going Tony Montana in an effort to try and killdive, especially if they ***** about team damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users