[Bug?] Magshot Explosions Do Not Get Mitigated By Case?

7 replies to this topic

#1 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 06:17 AM

Happened just now.

Setup is a Firestarter running a 280 LFE , 4 Magshots, 4 ML.

Magshots are in side torsos, which also have CASE slotted into both.

Just died due to the engine being destroyed. Missing one side torso and my CT, which checks out.
What bothers me is that my last known / topmost source of damage in the list of damage sources you get when you die, is "Magshot Explosion".

Which only exists in my side torsos, with case.

Unless I am misunderstanding the death screen, and that the list of damage sources is not at all displayed in any sequence, did I just die from an explosion's damage in my ST transferring to my CT and coring it out, even though I had CASE in one?

If my understanding of this situation is correct? What does CASE actually *DO* then, if slotting it in like this doesn't stop me from dying due to neighboring location damage bleeding through?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 28 March 2024 - 11:54 AM

I would assume you took damage to both CT and side torso, died from the CT damage, and then your Magshot exploded. But yes, this is an interesting question.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 05:45 AM

i never understood weapon/ammo explosion mechanics, nor did i feel i ever had to because such events are exceedingly rare.

#4 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 11:59 AM

Where was your mag ammo? It's currently bugged and explodes too (will be fixed next patch)

#5 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 01 April 2024 - 06:55 AM

Seriously, they couldn't have figured out magshot ammo should not explode before adding it? Amazing...

View PostLordNothing, on 29 March 2024 - 05:45 AM, said:

i never understood weapon/ammo explosion mechanics, nor did i feel i ever had to because such events are exceedingly rare.

ha ha ha ha.... Don't bet on it. Watch carefully and it is not uncommon to see a mech's ammo cooking off.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 09:05 AM

View PostKen Harkin, on 01 April 2024 - 06:55 AM, said:

Seriously, they couldn't have figured out magshot ammo should not explode before adding it? Amazing...

ha ha ha ha.... Don't bet on it. Watch carefully and it is not uncommon to see a mech's ammo cooking off.

it is if you build it wrong.

#7 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 171 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 01 April 2024 - 09:25 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 29 March 2024 - 05:45 AM, said:

My torsie1 with two HAG 30s explodes all the time, and they usually take whole side torso and arm with them. Posted Image

I think if you get lot of crit on body part with no armour you are probably going to lose it anyway, but ammo explosions happen.

My LRM mechs with 2000+ missiles sometime become fireworks. Posted Image

Edited by torsie, 02 April 2024 - 02:39 AM.

#8 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 07:48 PM

View Posttorsie, on 01 April 2024 - 09:25 AM, said:

My torsie1 with two HAG 30s explodes all the time, and they usually take whole side torso and arm with them. Posted Image

But that's expected.

Your Torso goes, your arm goes too, but your CT is spared any sort of explosion carry over damage.

This doesn't provide any useful information on IS Magshots exploding and taking out a CT, unless there was something I failed to grasp from your post?

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 31 March 2024 - 11:59 AM, said:

Where was your mag ammo? It's currently bugged and explodes too (will be fixed next patch)

CT.

But the damage was "Magshot Explosion", not "Ammo Explosion".

Unless the bug is " The readout on the damage screen is wrong" , instead of "Magshot ammo explodes, when it shouldn't."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users