Gargoyle Builds

5 replies to this topic

#1 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 16 May 2024 - 05:06 AM

Though I'm personally looking for builds, this could help new players i'm specifally looking for a build for the Gargoyle B but other builds like for the A and such would be nice...

i've looked at grimmechs and mechspecs but have found no good builds for either.

Edited by KursedVixen, 16 May 2024 - 05:07 AM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 16 May 2024 - 06:33 AM

You're not going to find any Gargoyle builds on those sites, as they focus more on top-tier builds, and the Gargoyle... isn't.

The B is particularly hard to field. It has massive cooldown and spread quirks, but only 1 ballistic and 2 missile hardpoints... and only 20 tons to work with so you have a hard time mounting an LBX/20 on there which would capitalize on the quirks. That, strip off the Artemis, and throw on two SRM6's and you have a build that is critically short on ammo for the massive rate of fire it can sustain. And without the set-of-8 bonus, its totally not worth fielding.

Similarly, the A is quirked for PPCs and has an HSL +1 for all energy weapons... but only 20 tons to work with. And the D is nice for lasers, but you end up with the speed and firepower of a Hellbringer... minus the ECM.

The gargoyle is simply rough to build and field, which is why you don't see many of them.

#3 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 16 May 2024 - 09:28 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 16 May 2024 - 06:33 AM, said:

You're not going to find any Gargoyle builds on those sites, as they focus more on top-tier builds, and the Gargoyle... isn't.

The B is particularly hard to field. It has massive cooldown and spread quirks, but only 1 ballistic and 2 missile hardpoints... and only 20 tons to work with so you have a hard time mounting an LBX/20 on there which would capitalize on the quirks. That, strip off the Artemis, and throw on two SRM6's and you have a build that is critically short on ammo for the massive rate of fire it can sustain. And without the set-of-8 bonus, its totally not worth fielding.

Similarly, the A is quirked for PPCs and has an HSL +1 for all energy weapons... but only 20 tons to work with. And the D is nice for lasers, but you end up with the speed and firepower of a Hellbringer... minus the ECM.

The gargoyle is simply rough to build and field, which is why you don't see many of them.
seems to me they all need requirked except the D and maybe kin wolf and prime though those two could use just a slight buff but less than the others... the D is fine i think.

#4 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 17 May 2024 - 09:21 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 16 May 2024 - 06:33 AM, said:

There is more than a dozen Gargoyle builds on Grimmechs. And they are as good as possible considering the limitations of the mech.

#5 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 06:29 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 16 May 2024 - 05:06 AM, said:

Though I'm personally looking for builds, this could help new players i'm specifally looking for a build for the Gargoyle B but other builds like for the A and such would be nice...

i've looked at grimmechs and mechspecs but have found no good builds for either.

What builds do you have already? What sort of build are you looking for? What do you call 'a good build'?

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 06 June 2024 - 12:27 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 16 May 2024 - 05:06 AM, said:

Are you specifically looking for stock-omnipod-builds?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users