4 replies to this topic

#1 Moppy2000

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 12:21 AM

Hi folks,

since the last patch I repeatedly observed the following behavior while running a quad Gauss Rifle build on the SR-1 which has the ballistics hard points in its side torsos. All Gauss Rifles are in a single weapon group and a single cERLL is in a second weapon group.

After loosing a side torso, it is no longer possible to fire the Gauss weapons in remaining side torso. If I try to fire the cGRs, I hear the "charge build-up" sound, but the charge indicator is not filling and if I release the mouse button, no weapon is fired.

Notably, if the last weapons fired were in the destroyed torso, I can fire the remaining weapons once before it seems to alternate back to the destroyed weapons.

Workaround is to reconfigure the remaining Gauss Rifles to a different weapon group. This however is somewhat unpractical in the middle of a brawl.

I can not remember this behavior from before the last patch but maybe it is somehow linked to the SR-1 that I did not own before or I it relates to the weapons groups configuration and it was in the game before.

Cheers!

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 10:05 PM

You can not charge more than 2 Gauss Rifles at once, so it doesn't make sense to put them all together in one group. I think what happens is it tries to charge your two destroyed GR and ignores the others, which are also ignored when you try to fire your 4 GR at once.

#3 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 01:02 AM

Afaik the charging sound unsyncs when 1 GR is destroyed, you only have the dots around your crosshair to see when the rifle is charged.
when i play 4 gr mechs i have them all in the same weapon groups aswell and in all 6 weapongroups to have all 6 dots colored. the game charges the next 2 rifles when the first two are shot.

#4 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 06:19 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 07 April 2024 - 10:05 PM, said:

You can not charge more than 2 Gauss Rifles at once, so it doesn't make sense to put them all together in one group. I think what happens is it tries to charge your two destroyed GR and ignores the others, which are also ignored when you try to fire your 4 GR at once.

If you put them all in one group, it will automatically select only two (random?) at a time, unfortunately as OP said, if the GR that is selected to fire next is destroyed then you are SOL. AFAIK it's always been like that, not just since the patch, that's why I keep my quad gauss on two different weapon groups.

#5 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 06:34 PM

The weapons grouping in this game could use a little work. And some more options, like the ability to fire groups withing groups, and cycle these groups in series. So I could link 4 or 6 clan ERLL to a single button and fire them in groups of two at a time with just one button.

Edited by kalashnikity, 08 April 2024 - 06:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users