Ross Scott The Largest Campaign Ever To Stop Publishers Destroying Games

3 replies to this topic

#1 R O B O C O P

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 April 2024 - 05:24 AM

Just curiously what all "top" players from this game think about , i think this will evolve to have to save online games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w70Xc9CStoE

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 05:05 PM

games just aren't fun anymore, usually for one of these reasons:

horrible pricing models. not getting the whole game.
too much politics in the product.
too much halfassery, too many 3rd party assets, too much rent an engine.
lack of 3rd party servers for multiplayer games.
gpu manufacturers being {Richard Cameron} and gamedevs letting them get away with it (designing for too high end).
genre fatigue (i dont need another quaternion with a gun shooter).
too much grind, game feels like work.
useless reviews / rating score fixing.
growing cheater culture.
games getting deleted, removed from account, rendered inoperable due to abandonment.
ads in games. commercials interrupting gameplay. aka why i don't play phone games.
game breaking bugs at launch, no testing.

honestly i could go on and on. modern games, with few exceptions, just don't interest me anymore.

#3 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,865 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 11 April 2024 - 12:00 AM

There are plenty of fun and engaging games out there. Just not from the big established mega publishers anymore. You have to go digging around. Luckily there are plenty of streamers who do just that and I've found tons of very fun games you never heard about that way.

But it ~would~ be nice if the big AAA studios got their acts back together and dropped the cultural and political crap and just made fun games again.

#4 Fnord Asteroid

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationThe River

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:43 AM

Crossout broke my heart. So much potential...

Mechwarrior Online is a great game, especially for us filthy casuals with nothing else to do. It's actually possible to play it and advance without paying, though I firmly believe in the adage: No Money, No Funny, Honey

I do NOT envy whomever is responsible for finding ways to keep a positive cash flow in Mechwarrior Online.

Gaming is going through its midlife crisis. I am confident that once the players figure out what they really want from a game and accept the realities of life (i.e. gotta pay rent...) everything will work itself out.

Players will throw money at a good game, as it should be. But the essentially bait and switch honey-pot style of cash-grab game development coupled with shareholders who, by law, need to see profits rise every year, is really poisoning the well.

The gaming industry needs to learn how to accept what their efforts and ideas are worth, rather than looking to milk people.

IMO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users