6 replies to this topic

#1 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 13 April 2024 - 12:33 PM

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if this can go here, but I wanted to let everyone, that reads the Battletech novels, they are on sale over at Humblebundle! There are 79 novels in the bundle!!

https://www.humblebu...labs_bookbundle

Enjoy!

#2 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 10:20 AM

Man, you got me excited. Fair warning, this bundle is pretty much just Dark Age novels and a bunch of new novels. If you're looking for affordable digital downloads of any of the classics none of them are included.

Edited by Alexander of Macedon, 14 April 2024 - 10:20 AM.

#3 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 01:28 PM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 14 April 2024 - 10:20 AM, said:

Man, you got me excited. Fair warning, this bundle is pretty much just Dark Age novels and a bunch of new novels. If you're looking for affordable digital downloads of any of the classics none of them are included.

Actually they are included in the top bundle. The first 70 items that make up the lower bundles are mostly newer novels, however the top bundle adds a 71st item which consists of 60 of the older Battletech novels that were part of the summer 2023 Battletech Humble Bundle.

#4 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 12:12 AM

IIRC I've only read one Battletech book, back in the late 1990's.

So I just checked on Wikipedia, to see how many have been written... Posted Image That's a lot of books, I had no idea.

#5 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 12:29 AM

View PostTherax, on 14 April 2024 - 01:28 PM, said:

Actually they are included in the top bundle. The first 70 items that make up the lower bundles are mostly newer novels, however the top bundle adds a 71st item which consists of 60 of the older Battletech novels that were part of the summer 2023 Battletech Humble Bundle.

View Post1Exitar1, on 13 April 2024 - 12:33 PM, said:

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if this can go here, but I wanted to let everyone, that reads the Battletech novels, they are on sale over at Humblebundle! There are 79 novels in the bundle!!

https://www.humblebu...labs_bookbundle

Enjoy!

I was confused, I thought these were physical books, these are all e-books! :facepalm:

5 are shrapnel magazines, so that's ~65 books, plus 60 classics, = 125 books? Not bad for $30.

That would be a battletech book every month for 10 years. Posted Image

There are 381 star wars novels, for reference. And 30 World of Warcraft novels (which hasn't been around nearly as long).

#6 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:11 PM

View Postkalashnikity, on 15 April 2024 - 12:29 AM, said:

I was confused, I thought these were physical books, these are all e-books! :facepalm:

5 are shrapnel magazines, so that's ~65 books, plus 60 classics, = 125 books? Not bad for $30.

That would be a battletech book every month for 10 years. Posted Image

There are 381 star wars novels, for reference. And 30 World of Warcraft novels (which hasn't been around nearly as long).

Sorry, I should have specified in my post that they were e-books. Sometimes for the RPGs, like Pathfinder, they will also have physical books, which I prefer.

#7 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 11:10 AM

View PostTherax, on 14 April 2024 - 01:28 PM, said:

Thanks for noting that, I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to hide most of the important titles inside a concealed dropdown...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users