Always Loosing

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Angel

Rookie

• The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2024 - 07:57 AM

Hi everyone ! I've been playing MWO every day since 6-7 years now. I was used to have a win to loose ratio in queue match of about 50/50. Why am I now loosing like 14 on 15 matches now ? I doubt my skills regressed. I just feel like I'm fighting against professionnal gamers ! Somebody can explain me that ? Are there just fricking experts in the game now and all average players quited ? It's realy not fun anymore. Not complaining, but I just feel its impossible to win any match right now. How do you guys manage to win matches ? I also feeling myself teaming up with a bunch of newbies, no aim, blocking my retreit, getting alone in the other side of the map, not staying with the group, staying in the back in an assault only to be taking out by lights, etc... Is there room for average player in this game or only experts can get something done ? Thanks !

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 April 2024 - 12:06 PM

I was used to have a win to loose ratio in queue match of about 50/50.

You had seasons where your performance was worse than now.
https://mwomercs.com...ser=Ghost+Angel
https://leaderboard....h?u=Ghost+Angel

Why am I now loosing like 14 on 15 matches now ?
Streaks happen.

I doubt my skills regressed.
As evidenced by your statistics, low match count and the "swinginess" of your performance, you play very casually. Your skills definitely are not where they could be if you applied yourself a little harder and since you're not pushing yourself they will slowly regress over time.

I just feel like I'm fighting against professionnal gamers ! Somebody can explain me that ? Are there just fricking experts in the game now and all average players quited ?
No, although the matchmaking pool is getting smaller and it is more likely for you to get tossed up against higher tier players than you were used to fighting before.

Not complaining, but I just feel its impossible to win any match right now. How do you guys manage to win matches ?
Shooting the red ones tends to work. If it doesn't... well, The Engineer has the response

I also feeling myself teaming up with a bunch of newbies, no aim, blocking my retreit, getting alone in the other side of the map, not staying with the group, staying in the back in an assault only to be taking out by lights, etc...
Average Tier 1 experience since forever. Most of the game's playerbase is bloody terrible.

Is there room for average player in this game or only experts can get something done ?
Plenty of room. Bad days happen to everyone.

Edited by Horseman, 20 April 2024 - 12:06 PM.

#3 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 20 April 2024 - 12:23 PM

There's no way you had 15 losses in a row.

Having said that. The quality of players has been dropping significantly for years now. Meta is changing as well. Maybe you're running stuff that's just not as effective any more. Just have fun with the game and don't care about the results. If you can't its time to take a break.

Edited by RockmachinE, 20 April 2024 - 12:40 PM.

#4 c0ldn3s5

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 49 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis, Missouri

Posted 20 April 2024 - 12:28 PM

blame the matchmaker and the teams not urself

#5 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 April 2024 - 12:36 PM

Maybe you're at tier 6

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,982 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 April 2024 - 01:18 AM

View Postcaravann, on 20 April 2024 - 12:36 PM, said:

Maybe you're at tier 6

well we need 7 tiers

#7 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 April 2024 - 01:41 AM

View PostRockmachinE, on 20 April 2024 - 12:23 PM, said:

There's no way you had 15 losses in a row.

Having said that. The quality of players has been dropping significantly for years now. Meta is changing as well. Maybe you're running stuff that's just not as effective any more. Just have fun with the game and don't care about the results. If you can't its time to take a break.

Meta has more toys to play with for sure. But most old builds are still fine. Standard laservomit is really effective, gauss snipers still kickass, old brawl builds (Snub,AC20,SRM etc) work as do dakka. New weapons are everywhere but half of them are worse than what we had. Cant wait for tomorrows patch.

But I agree match quality feels worse.

Edited by Samziel, 22 April 2024 - 01:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users