Drop. Xsolla.

8 replies to this topic

#1 WillCoon

Rookie

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 06:00 PM

Seriously guys, Xsolla is the ABSOLUTE WORST. I got scammed a while back and a payment to them get caught in the net. I've had to fight with them on EVERY MWO release after this - EVERY SINGLE ONE - constantly giving me Error 3032 and making me have to fight their customer service every time to unlock my account again. There's no reason whatsoever you guys can't just take PayPal or Credit/Debit card directly.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:55 AM

View PostWillCoon, on 23 April 2024 - 06:00 PM, said:

Seriously guys, Xsolla is the ABSOLUTE WORST. I got scammed a while back and a payment to them get caught in the net. I've had to fight with them on EVERY MWO release after this - EVERY SINGLE ONE - constantly giving me Error 3032 and making me have to fight their customer service every time to unlock my account again. There's no reason whatsoever you guys can't just take PayPal or Credit/Debit card directly.
I use no accounts - I just use pre-paid Paysafe cards.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 24 April 2024 - 07:56 AM

View Postmartian, on 24 April 2024 - 01:55 AM, said:

I use no accounts - I just use pre-paid Paysafe cards.

And i have a second bank card that has a tiny limit on it. My Paypal draws from that... and goes to Xsolla from there.

As to why they use Xsolla... that's a corporate decision. I'm sure there's either a reason or a kickback someplace. Posted Image

#4 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:26 PM

This thread was moved to Website & Forum

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,899 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 05:39 AM

usually go through paypal or through steam when possible, never had a problem.

#6 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 626 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:17 AM

I'm trying to use PayPal with such purchases, just to minimize FX charging (along with my card issuer).

#7 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn your mech eating heat sinks

Posted 10 June 2024 - 11:25 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 26 April 2024 - 05:39 AM, said:

usually go through paypal or through steam when possible, never had a problem.
not all packages are avalible on steam though.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,899 posts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 07:22 PM

View PostHeat Skink, on 10 June 2024 - 11:25 PM, said:

not all packages are avalible on steam though.

"when possible" (and for other reasons usually, eg i can convert crypto to steam bucks more easily than to cash). paypal still works fine.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 June 2024 - 07:23 PM.

#9 Mechaholics Anonymous

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMechsico, Amechrica, JahMecha, Mechssachusetts, New BrunsMech, Mechxas, Mechtropolis, A..MARIKa

Posted 18 June 2024 - 06:51 PM

Used a gift card the other day to buy the Bullshark, not positive if I activated it and placed the order to soon after. But XSOLLA took $0.80 for some reason, I contacted them and explained what the problem was and they reimbursed me the eighty cents but it took a week plus for the gift card to register, after one customer support person told me it would be 12 hours. This was the first time anything negative has happened to me from ZSOLLA in seven plus years of using gift cards through them, and although they refunded the money, I was shorted the new content plus made the challenge event for it at risk of not being completed due to work and family. I don’t have much of an opinion of XSOLLA because of no hassle experienced prior or knowledge of other’s griefs, but dropped this post because I saw it and had a recent experience with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users