Gaming Laptop Recommendations

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lazerspoon

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:26 AM

Hi all, long time fan here looking to get back in the fold. I'm in the market for a gaming laptop that will run MWO. I don't need top line specs, this will likely be the only game I play on it (and maybe the old top down fallout games).

Could be swayed to get/build a desktop if there is a big difference in price over quality. But recommendations would be appreciated.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,869 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 07 May 2024 - 02:05 PM

I'm spoiled by having a MicroCenter in town. They have pretty low prices on decent laptops (which you can mail order, though not sure about Ireland, so consider this a general guide instead) and it gets even lower if you can stop in and get one that someone returned to the store. Anything on the low end of this page will do fine for MWO, though I'd stay away from refurbished builds (just because they're not new).

https://www.microcen...sortby=pricelow

All that said, the HP Victus is a great laptop for the price with a dedicated graphics card, as is the Acer Nitro V.

#3 Lazerspoon

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 07 May 2024 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. The Victus looks great, I need to get a new general purpose laptop anyway and the Victus is fairly reasonably priced. Probably be a couple more months before I do buy one so I'll keep an eye out for sales.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,859 posts

Posted 12 May 2024 - 07:19 PM

last time i got a gaming laptop it went tango uniform the week the warranty expired. mostly do sff builds now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users