6 replies to this topic

#1 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 May 2024 - 03:11 PM

with the Longbow now out for MC does anyone have some good or just plain fun builds for it.

i like the look of the mech and have been contemplating picking one up.

been looking at the LGB-12C since it has more generic missile quirks (was actually thinking of running it with 4 TB-5s, 2 TB10s, and 3 MLs)

those who know me on here know i do enjoy LRM but Thunderbolts are more effective as things sit.

though the one with the 6 Ballistics looks like it would run 6 L-AC/5s pretty well.

so those of you who have one, what are your builds? those who are thinking about it what are your ideas for it?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 08 May 2024 - 05:47 AM

The 12C is kind of the only good choice for running LRMs or Thunderbolts, as its the one with the 20% velocity quirk. But it only has room for a TAG, not a credible battery of secondary lasers or light PPCs for busting ECM. The 7V is much better at that, but it has no velocity quirk, so its kind of a lackluster MRM boat.

Otherwise I ignore the Longbow for missiles. velocity is everything, especially since they keep nerfing velocity.

#3 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 May 2024 - 07:05 PM

yeah it only has the 3 energy hardpoints but i think i can manage a good build with it. i might wait for them to come out for c-bills though now that i think on it. honestly i have had such a hard time deciding what to spend my MC on sometimes. most of the hero mechs don't really speak to me much and i have been playing so long that i have quite the stable of mechs to fiddle with.

everyone feel free to post any Longbow ideas not just the 12C

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 13 May 2024 - 07:06 PM.

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,817 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 May 2024 - 12:17 PM

Well, you could try something like This. It's slow, but you can grab Speed Tweak to be fast enough to reposition. TBLTs cluster closer and hit torsos more effectively than other missiles, so you only really need the lasers to discourage Lights and back you up in the brawl. Medium X-Pulse will cost you a bit of ammo, but you should still have enough for your needs. If you put even half of those missiles on target before running dry or getting merked, you'll have held your own, and you still have the laser beams. Alternatively, ER Mediums will give you more ammo with a longer engagement range on the lasers.

LRMs will be faster, and manage a better overall throw weight, with more dps at the cost of additional spread - In other words, the difference between Thunderbolt and LRM missiles. =)

#5 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,817 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 May 2024 - 12:21 PM

Oh, and in either case you can Split the Difference to mount a Light PPC for anti-ECM.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 14 May 2024 - 10:58 PM

LRM10s are a waste of tonnage. You're better off with LRM15s.
https://mwo.nav-alph...7c9fdef_LGB-12C

#7 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,817 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 May 2024 - 10:57 AM

Oh, yeah, I see what you mean. Probably needs an adjustment somewhere... the damage per heat is abysmal, and dps/ton is higher for the 15s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users