Absolute Zero Weekend Event Queue Plus Sale!

40 replies to this topic

#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 25 May 2024 - 08:53 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 May 2024 - 08:11 AM, said:

ABSOLUTE ZERO WEEKEND EVENT QUEUE

PLUS PATCH SALE!

When can we expect the Decals and Bolt-Ons sale?

I am asking because the last Decals and Bolt-Ons sale in November had been cancelled after a few hours.

In mid-December I got the following reply:

View PostDaeron Katz, on 14 December 2023 - 08:09 AM, said:

After the server issues we had, I'm going to look into a future Bolt-On and Decal sale and make sure it won't cause any problems first. Hopefully we can do something for the new year.

Now we are approaching June and there has been no decals sale so far.

#22 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 25 May 2024 - 10:13 AM

View Postmartian, on 25 May 2024 - 05:46 AM, said:

Well, no.

Both the Solaris 7 game mode and the Faction Play had died long before PGI has begun doing this kind of weekend Events.

FP did not die it's just not enough playerbase to separate teams and solos (suggestion - move to new engine like Unreal the game will rise 100% Posted Image), Solaris 7 imho was ruined by the start, that 7 divisions were too much (low playerbase), just make it 4 max, better less, and make it like the player chooses mechs and maps (per division) he wants to play and start queue without that 2 minutes startdowns. Good hunts MWs

#23 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 May 2024 - 04:46 PM

View PostZodie, on 25 May 2024 - 10:13 AM, said:

FP did not die it's just not enough playerbase to separate teams and solos (suggestion - move to new engine like Unreal the game will rise 100% Posted Image), Solaris 7 imho was ruined by the start, that 7 divisions were too much (low playerbase), just make it 4 max, better less, and make it like the player chooses mechs and maps (per division) he wants to play and start queue without that 2 minutes startdowns. Good hunts MWs

Agreed, 7 divisions was a problem especially when the player base decreased. But they could've reduced the number of divisions. They always did some re-balancing between seasons by moving mechs up or down based on performance. So it's not like everything was set in stone.

FP was fairly healthy as recently as a year ago. It was certainly down from its peak, but still playable. Now you can't get matches outside of prime time, and a lot of that is due to event queue. It's really a shame because FP was the heart of MWO. QP was for solos, FP was designed for units. The other game modes are just mindless point and click stuff, but FP was a richer experience with more room for strategizing. I suppose comp also stole a lot of FP's thunder, but not everybody wants to practice & play at scheduled times, all that stuff.

A better game engine would be great but I'm pretty sure they said it would be impossible without developing a whole new game.

#24 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,959 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 May 2024 - 05:45 PM

View PostZodie, on 25 May 2024 - 10:13 AM, said:

(suggestion - move to new engine like Unreal the game will rise 100% Posted Image),

A non-trivial undertaking, unfortunately. Someone will have to spring for MWO2; though that is possible, nobody's working on it now, to my knowledge. But I'd be there; an update to this game's ancient code would allow a lot of improvements that people want to see - but I do not look forward to the crying about losing 'mechs from MWO1 if that happy event occurs. =]

#25 Nix Axer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationMariupol

Posted 26 May 2024 - 05:46 AM

Strange event. Strange balance. Strange game...

#26 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 03:26 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 24 May 2024 - 11:12 AM, said:

Can you please add one shot camos to the sale? I know those are not patch related but it'd be appreciated!

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 May 2024 - 08:19 AM, said:

Eh, dude... You should ask for Unlockable Camos being discounted. Given what is happening on Event Queue right now, this would suggest things like "Snowfall", "Mountain Line", and "Ghost Bear" Camos getting the Sale price. Posted Image

~D. V. "thinking of (and requesting) the better Sale option of Unlockable over One-Shot here" Devnull

View PostPraetorGix, on 25 May 2024 - 08:45 AM, said:

Well, "dude", I asked for one shot camos, because, wait for it... I would like one shot camos being at a discount. Shocking, I know.
I love the hubris of telling me not only what to ask for in a simple request post, but also stating that your "correction" to my request is the better option. Better option for you maybe but I didn't know you were omniscient enough to know my reasons and motives smh...

You misunderstand me, 'PraetorGix', as I am very literally NEVER one for hubris in general (you have no idea how much that I lack self-confidence & pride in anything, even with earning my "Ace Of Spades" Title some time back)... I also very literally NEVER assume myself at any time to be omniscient enough where I would know another person's reasons & motives... -_-

Instead, it happens that I took what time would be needed for mathematical analysis of the One-Shot versus Unlockable in Camo Pattern Prices and which is far more (MC) cost-effective in the long run. After doing so, I tried to communicate (Albeit very poorly due to being distracted by other things at the point in time... Whoops & Sorry!) that the One-Time Permanent Unlock at a Half-Off 50% Discount would cover you very well, and in a manner which ultimately saves considerable (MC) over repeatedly paying for One-Shot versions at a Half-Off 50% Discount for the lifetime of your MWO existence. Plus, it would allow you the ability of toggling repeatedly without having to re-spend (MC) for the Camo Pattern in the future. :huh:

Now that said, if you really want to keep paying (MC) for those One-Shot Camo Patterns like that, then have fun... However, I do not think that the math has any ability to lie, and you can ultimately end up potentially wasting considerable (MC) from doing so... I simply thought (again, without hubris) that the facts might persuade you to switch your opinion, and back me up on getting those Unlockable versions discounted. But, I guess that my persuasion skill needs some work, huh? ;)

~D. V. "I'm hubrisless, even when it comes to Camo Discounts happening, and always will be" Devnull

#27 shadow cat

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 04:02 PM

I loved this event, it allowed to try new things.
My only complain is PGI INFORME US MORE IN ADVANCE.
I always read the notifications 24h-48h when the event already started. And I can't plan in advance real live task so I can play more .

#28 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 05:13 PM

Been really enjoying this one, it's dumb, but also fun. Entertaining to see how the mechs handle when they're all ripping around and max speed firing off 10+ lasers, etc.

Edited by divinedisclaimer, 26 May 2024 - 05:14 PM.

#29 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 06:32 PM

My son & I just LOVE this event, hope it will happen more with this Extreme Heat Dissipation Event.

Great job
Many thanks

#30 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 26 May 2024 - 07:05 PM

View PostNix Axer, on 26 May 2024 - 05:46 AM, said:

Strange event. Strange balance. Strange game...

OK, I actually watched it a couple times, that is one of the best Mech vidz I have seen since the ones my old Mechassault bro used to make way back when, good job, had to say something

#31 Al_Bundy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 147 posts
  • LocationBasel

Posted 27 May 2024 - 01:44 AM

Where are the FP event weekends?

Thought it should happen once a month, or is that already history?

#32 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 02:53 AM

View PostAl_Bundy, on 27 May 2024 - 01:44 AM, said:

Where are the FP event weekends?

Thought it should happen once a month, or is that already history?

I remember the PGI's promise regarding regular Event Queue events. PGI's has been honouring - more or less - that promise.

I do not remember any such promise regarding the Faction Play. Could you post the source?

#33 Sevealin

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 06:06 AM

Why are most of the events solo only? This game is exponentially more fun with friends, and would definitely keep me coming back if I had more opportunities to play with friends outside of only faction and quick play.

Also, why are events only hours at a time? Having to plan to play for a specific window of time on a specific day is really frustrating.

Edited by Sevealin, 27 May 2024 - 06:14 AM.

#34 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 07:13 AM

something odd going on, when picking my mech for the event I get "rejoin" rather than "launch" , naturally I thought this was happening because the math was still on but...it has been a while now and I'm sure the opposing mechs destroyed my partner by now.

PS

fixed by logging out and then back on, had one match.... and then event was over T~T

---o---

View PostSevealin, on 27 May 2024 - 06:06 AM, said:

Why are most of the events solo only? This game is exponentially more fun with friends, and would definitely keep me coming back if I had more opportunities to play with friends outside of only faction and quick play.

Also, why are events only hours at a time? Having to plan to play for a specific window of time on a specific day is really frustrating.

-there is no perfect solution that would make everybody happy...unless you can pitch and describe a better, and very detailed solution that everybody within the fanbase will agree with, and be happy about it.

Edited by simon1812, 27 May 2024 - 09:04 AM.

#35 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 27 May 2024 - 09:12 AM

I tried the Direwolf build in that video.

Insane.

It was a weird event, X-Pulse and beam laser spam all over the place. I tried some brawling builds but they were very situational. Still, I managed to skill up a few mechs and earned lots of space bucks.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#36 Peter Prickler

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 10:35 PM

Hopefully we can do something for the new year.

This word is the answer...

#37 hardenum

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 May 2024 - 01:04 AM

brilliant event, enjoyed it very much

Edited by hardenum, 31 May 2024 - 09:22 AM.

#38 Al_Bundy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 147 posts
  • LocationBasel

Posted 30 May 2024 - 11:07 PM

View Postmartian, on 27 May 2024 - 02:53 AM, said:

I remember the PGI's promise regarding regular Event Queue events. PGI's has been honouring - more or less - that promise.

I do not remember any such promise regarding the Faction Play. Could you post the source?

As far as I remember, this was mentioned in a video where they also made the empty promise to work on the MM. It was said that they wanted to do something like this once a month.

Nevertheless, we have recently "felt" like there was a Solaris event every two weeks, then events like this one (which I thought was crap... Beam Laer and Xpuls Laser spam), but there hasn't been a FP event for months....

And the fact that the MM doesn't exist in a PvP game, well, that doesn't need to be said

#39 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 03:04 PM

Domination with drop deck was annoying. Usually over on second drop very rarely on third drop.

#40 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 10:38 PM

View PostPeter Prickler, on 27 May 2024 - 10:35 PM, said:

Hopefully we can do something for the new year.

This word is the answer...
I am patient. I can wait.

Edited by martian, 15 June 2024 - 10:40 PM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users