6 replies to this topic

#1 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 May 2024 - 05:35 AM

Now that the beam jenner is out I tried a bunch of combos. This worked the best.

The Stink Finger

Find a nice overwatch spot with the jj and shoot everything that moves and keep shooting.

#2 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 486 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 25 May 2024 - 10:21 AM

I've found building with large pulse laser yields slightly better dps and functionality, but your stink finger has range at least in it's advantage - something like 75% of the DPS though. I played through trying binary laser cannon, large laser, er large and finally settled on the LPL, but it's a ymmv personal taste thing I gather.

#3 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,831 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 May 2024 - 02:38 PM

Because of the +20% duration quirk, you're going to see the most raw DPS for a big laser with a low ratio of cooldown/duration - which, as you found, is the LPL.

#4 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 May 2024 - 03:19 PM

Sure the lpl would beat the rest out for dps due to the short duration but both the lpl and binary require you to get in mid range where most of the high alpha vomit is getting tossed around. Not a very good environment for a face time build. With the er large you get both range and sustain as you can fire it for a very long time.

#5 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,831 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 May 2024 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, I can see that - heat efficiency is increased by a longer duration, even at the cost of extra dps. Same reason you can ditch the cooldown tree on heat-capped builds.

Edited by Void Angel, 25 May 2024 - 05:36 PM.

#6 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,831 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 May 2024 - 05:39 PM

Without being able to out-range your enemies, you have to rely on getting angles, and a non-gimmick Jenner will be better at that. With only one hardpoint, you need to be able to stay firing in order to get your money from that 'mech. I think that's why you hardly ever see it on the field.

#7 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 May 2024 - 12:52 AM

I mean you play it like any other sniper so go to the normal sniper spots as the match progresses. The high speed and jj make that super easy. Maps like plex and mining and tourmaline etc are all farmalicious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users