Y'all Need To Fix Alpine Peaks

15 replies to this topic

#1 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 11:31 AM

Whoever gets to H9 wins and, it's a bad joke.

Wasn't this also recently voted the WORST map as well, with no changes implemented since?

:(

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 31 May 2024 - 12:35 PM

https://mwomercs.com...43#entry6540943

#3 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 12:46 PM

Ha Ha, okay, well, I'm glad somebody sees it as more than just a race to the winning mountaintop and then ten more unpleasant minutes of waiting for the match to end.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,099 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 01:40 PM

the worst map in the game trophy goes to boreal vault. and its outline looks like one of my [Redacted].

Edited by Gm Harmony, 07 June 2024 - 12:16 PM.
inappropriate

#5 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 01:55 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 May 2024 - 01:40 PM, said:

the worst map in the game trophy goes to boreal vault. and its outline looks like one of my [Redacted].

Dude, TMI.

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 31 May 2024 - 11:31 AM, said:

Whoever gets to H9 wins and, it's a bad joke.

Wasn't this also recently voted the WORST map as well, with no changes implemented since?

Posted Image

More often than not, the fight's at the spot where they put the antenna in domination. You get a 'sniper' or two on the mountain, if that.

#6 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 31 May 2024 - 07:43 PM

View PostGasboy, on 31 May 2024 - 01:55 PM, said:

Dude, TMI.

More often than not, the fight's at the spot where they put the antenna in domination. You get a 'sniper' or two on the mountain, if that.

Yeah, pretty much. Everybody runs to the Valley of Death and ignores the entire rest of the map. Didn't always used to be like that, tho. I remember matches around 2016, 2017 or so where battles took place in the cluster of buildings or even way back in one corner.

#7 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 620 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 08:24 PM

View PostLanzman, on 31 May 2024 - 07:43 PM, said:

Yeah, pretty much. Everybody runs to the Valley of Death and ignores the entire rest of the map. Didn't always used to be like that, tho. I remember matches around 2016, 2017 or so where battles took place in the cluster of buildings or even way back in one corner.

I've had several games this year where we did not play the hinge AKA valley of death for which ever team drops on the west side.

And at least two games were the whole match took place on the extreme southern area.

If you spawn on west side and remind people to not just run to the middle and die, they will often listen.

#8 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 620 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 08:27 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 31 May 2024 - 01:40 PM, said:

I got on MWO forums for advice on the game, I stayed for the riveting reviews on various simulators... (sic)

#9 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,015 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 01 June 2024 - 03:33 AM

be careful what you ask for

they will just make it worse

#10 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 07:09 AM

View PostLanzman, on 31 May 2024 - 07:43 PM, said:

Yeah, I remember matches being decided in the compound north of the big mountain on a regular basis back in the early days.

#11 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 01 June 2024 - 07:58 AM

When your not forced into death valley in dom mode and use the map it's one of the best. There are a lot of places to set up a firing line on the mountains. H 11 is one of my favorite spots. There's a few narrow "roads" on the northern areas too which you can funnel mech up to and gives good high ground. The map is even better if you have a mech with 4+ jump jets and max jj tree.

#12 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 543 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 01 June 2024 - 09:05 AM

I like Alpine and think its one of the best maps. What ruins it is Domination mode (which ruins all maps imo).

#13 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 07:51 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 01 June 2024 - 03:33 AM, said:

be careful what you ask for

they will just make it worse

Ha Ha, I guess they could plaster it with giant magic mushrooms everywhere and give the whole thing some sanity-breaking color scheme....

Edited by An6ryMan69, 03 June 2024 - 07:53 AM.

#14 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 03 June 2024 - 09:28 AM

Perhaps Alpine should be removed from the rotation and saved for events so players can tailor their builds to suit it better.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#15 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 02:33 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 03 June 2024 - 09:28 AM, said:

Perhaps Alpine should be removed from the rotation and saved for events so players can tailor their builds to suit it better.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Or allow people to use the dropdeck function built into the game. Then at least you have a better chance to have a build that works for the map.

View PostLapisMaddog, on 03 June 2024 - 02:26 PM, said:

if they did that solaris should also be removed from rotation imo

Alpine already feels like it's out of common rotation. It's hardly shown up to vote on for the longest time.

#16 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 05 June 2024 - 12:07 AM

yeah its actually not that bad of a map. it it has a good bit of variety in where you can fight.

i tell you i get sick and tired of seeing the same 3 maps in the selection screen every time (not always all at once but you will almost always have one of them). they are Solaris, Canyon Network, and Mining Collective. Solaris sucks royal ***, Canyon is an ok map especially after they added a the extra ramps but damn it gets boring after the 3rd or 4th time in a row, and Mining is more a pet peeve of mine because of how most people play it more than the map itself (its bad but not one of the worst).

part of me wonders how newer players would react if we brought back old Polar Highlands, i used to love that map and the new version while good just isn't the same feel.

i many have put forth solutions for the whol same map over and over problem but PGI seem blind to it (my solution has always been to just have something keep track of what maps get chosen and if one map gets picked more than so many times in say an half an hour then it is removed from the rotation for a bit about a hour or so.)

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users