- - - - -

What Happens Over The Summer..?

11 replies to this topic

#1 The Waargh

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 05:37 AM

So this'll be my first summer where I actually play the game, so what can I expect..? Do they do speciel promos or events..? Do queues get mad long as everyone is outside..? Are new mech introduced or does that happen as they become ready throughout the year..? What happens..?

Cheers guys :)

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 06:03 AM

View PostThe Waargh, on 05 June 2024 - 05:37 AM, said:

So this'll be my first summer where I actually play the game, so what can I expect..? Do they do speciel promos or events..? Do queues get mad long as everyone is outside..? Are new mech introduced or does that happen as they become ready throughout the year..? What happens..?

Cheers guys Posted Image

Something like this list:
  • offer of two or three Legendary 'Mechs (maybe one of them could be IS OmniMech, but this is just a guess)
  • some weekend Event queue events
  • one easy event in the beginning of July
  • maybe one mid-Summer loot bags event
  • one or two monthly free 'Mech events (maybe folded into the aforementioned Loot bags event with free 'Mechs as prizes)
  • maybe one event connected with the upcoming MechWarrior 5: Clans release (again, maybe doubling as a free 'Mech event)
I hope you have some rough idea what to expect.

#3 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,959 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 06 June 2024 - 09:32 PM

Oh, and player composition and therefore tactics will change, sometimes in subtle ways. Be flexible, and be prepared to swap to a different style of build if you're not adapting well.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 June 2024 - 03:13 AM

There's always a loot bag event somewhere in june-july, going by last year's we can expect more than one free mech to grab from it.

#5 The Waargh

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 June 2024 - 08:49 AM

Cheers fellas :) It's a shame more stuff isn't happening on the forums, as I really enjoy the community here, you're all super helpful!!

#6 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,959 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 12 June 2024 - 09:25 AM

We try. But only a fraction of any game's population is ever active on its forums, and MWO is a fairly small game, as such things go.

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 12 June 2024 - 07:58 PM

View PostThe Waargh, on 12 June 2024 - 08:49 AM, said:

Cheers fellas Posted Image It's a shame more stuff isn't happening on the forums, as I really enjoy the community here, you're all super helpful!!
People are posting as usual, but since the game is quite stale, there is not much to discuss.

#8 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 June 2024 - 03:13 AM

View PostThe Waargh, on 12 June 2024 - 08:49 AM, said:

Cheers fellas Posted Image It's a shame more stuff isn't happening on the forums, as I really enjoy the community here, you're all super helpful!!

And the event is up and starting shortly, alongside a Faction Play event. This one is kinda stingy with rewards, usually there's 10-11 goals with increasing total match score requirement.

#9 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 16 June 2024 - 05:55 AM

View PostHorseman, on 14 June 2024 - 03:13 AM, said:

And the event is up and starting shortly, alongside a Faction Play event. This one is kinda stingy with rewards, usually there's 10-11 goals with increasing total match score requirement.

And unfortunately, I can see what caused the stingy situation. I may even choose to skip (although I've not really been getting that much time to play lately, so it would be more like accepting that Real Life has completely cut me off from playing MWO at all anyway) these free mechs along with any remaining Events until the end of July and support PGI's Staff that way over what I'm seeing has happened. There were some rude whiners crying for Free Mechs during a period of time where I could not step in to respond back, and nobody else posted in order to shut them down. When you couple that with a recent MechWarrior's death and add it all up, it's obvious that these whiners disrespectful behavior resulted in everyone getting punished over their rudeness. PGI's Staff did not tolerate it, and neither should they have to since their UrbanMech Event Queue item proves they are having a period of mourning over that MechWarrior passing away. Therefore the whole community got stiffed with Faction Play being a requirement to get almost every reward this time. And if you want proof? Well, go look inside these two threads... ...because this lunacy happening rather much proves that "If you want a nice surprise, then NEVER complain before it can happen!" unwritten rule which has existed since long before MWO ever did. There are not many complaining posts calling for the Free Mech Event to happen, but apparently all it takes is regularity of a mere few posts at the wrong time to cause trouble for everyone else. :(

~D. V. "probably a little more tired of these pre-Event complainers than PGI has been" Devnull

(p.s.: If this post feels in any way like I'm bashing on you, then you have my apologies as there is NO intent of doing that... Sorry!)

#10 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIn your mech eating heat sinks

Posted 16 June 2024 - 05:58 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 June 2024 - 05:55 AM, said:

And unfortunately, I can see what caused the stingy situation. I may even choose to skip (although I've not really been getting that much time to play lately, so it would be more like accepting that Real Life has completely cut me off from playing MWO at all anyway) these free mechs along with any remaining Events until the end of July and support PGI's Staff that way over what I'm seeing has happened. There were some rude whiners crying for Free Mechs during a period of time where I could not step in to respond back, and nobody else posted in order to shut them down. When you couple that with a recent MechWarrior's death and add it all up, it's obvious that these whiners disrespectful behavior resulted in everyone getting punished over their rudeness. PGI's Staff did not tolerate it, and neither should they have to since their UrbanMech Event Queue item proves they are having a period of mourning over that MechWarrior passing away. Therefore the whole community got stiffed with Faction Play being a requirement to get almost every reward this time. And if you want proof? Well, go look inside these two threads... ...because this lunacy happening rather much proves that "If you want a nice surprise, then NEVER complain before it can happen!" unwritten rule which has existed since long before MWO ever did. There are not many complaining posts calling for the Free Mech Event to happen, but apparently all it takes is regularity of a mere few posts at the wrong time to cause trouble for everyone else. Posted Image

~D. V. "probably a little more tired of these pre-Event complainers than PGI has been" Devnull

(p.s.: If this post feels in any way like I'm bashing on you, then you have my apologies as there is NO intent of doing that... Sorry!)
what is this about an urbie event? I never saw anything about it.

#11 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 16 June 2024 - 06:28 AM

View PostHeat Skink, on 16 June 2024 - 05:58 AM, said:

what is this about an urbie event? I never saw anything about it.

Please view... ...for further information, and have a nice day. B)

~D. V. "your answer, 'Heat Skink', about an Urbie Event is now revealed" Devnull

#12 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIn your mech eating heat sinks

Posted 16 June 2024 - 07:54 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 June 2024 - 06:28 AM, said:

Please view... ...for further information, and have a nice day. Posted Image

~D. V. "your answer, 'Heat Skink', about an Urbie Event is now revealed" Devnull
thank you for your soft words and responce.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users