Mw5 Clans Aim Concerns

6 replies to this topic

#1 SuperGeneralJoe

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 01:09 AM

So after watching the newest trailer.. there is a moment starting at about 34 seconds into the video. Its a quick blast of lasers vs a target mech. What concerns me is the auto aim that takes place. MW5 had xbox/controller layouts implemented and with them was a fairly strong auto aim. This auto aim was overly aggressive and easily spotted with the way it targeted different regions. By pulling aim across one region to another the auto aim would "jump" almost erratically between the two zones. The same can be seen at the given time stamp.
Meaning this controller autoaim hasnt been improved. Meaning you'll still get stuff like auto-aim cockpit shots much like mw5. Idk how many realized mw5 could be pretty forgiving for "headshots" with the autoaim turned up. A great example of this would be anyone with a SteamDeck could set AimAssist to HIgh and just arcade mode it thru like a breeze.
Accessibility is a thing and I fully support that, as do I support controller integration....However...

I would encourage PGI to get their hands on a set of T1600s, or even better VKB Gladiators, dual stick setups and play their own game...It is a world of difference and immersion to play these games as such. Currently MW5 is cool with dual sticks, but it feel like a concession but it also almost feels like a handicap. (just look into the custom configs you have to make, props to PGI for helping)

With the new game coming I would love to see more natural control scheme setups and button config acceptance than the previous game... Dual Joysticks doesn't mean...xbox controller.
Things like sensitivity curves, dead zones and focus on precision aiming...not aim assist.

Thanks for the Considerations!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,217 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 06:23 AM

The game is going to be published in October. Many changes can happen.

#3 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 01:56 PM

What prevents you from playing it the way you wish? Can't you turn off aim assist? On the PC with mouse/keyb there's no AA by default. I'm not really sure what the concern is here.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,921 posts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 07:40 PM

its probably no different than the aim assist that's in mw5, which is a toggle.

i hope it runs on the steam deck. ive been wanting to mech on it and mwo is far to competitive (even though the game runs pretty well on the deck) and you cant keep up with mousers or worse, people with bigger screens who can see whats going on. i do have mw5 but its on egs and im not sure if there is a way to install it on the deck. i dont buy games twice.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 June 2024 - 07:49 PM.

#5 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 June 2024 - 06:37 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 June 2024 - 07:40 PM, said:

its probably no different than the aim assist that's in mw5, which is a toggle.

i hope it runs on the steam deck. ive been wanting to mech on it and mwo is far to competitive (even though the game runs pretty well on the deck) and you cant keep up with mousers or worse, people with bigger screens who can see whats going on. i do have mw5 but its on egs and im not sure if there is a way to install it on the deck. i dont buy games twice.

Shoulda waited and bought MW5 on the proper platform. :P You can check the Steam Deck rating on Steam at least, and check the discussion boards there to see what people have said about it on the Deck.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,921 posts

Posted 12 June 2024 - 07:28 PM

View PostGasboy, on 12 June 2024 - 06:37 AM, said:

Shoulda waited and bought MW5 on the proper platform. Posted Image You can check the Steam Deck rating on Steam at least, and check the discussion boards there to see what people have said about it on the Deck.

i honestly didnt see handheld pcs becoming a thing at the time. also the deck was a gift, id probably not have gotten one at all if it wasn't. honestly the screen is too small.

besides nether platform is as good as the cash on the barrel glory days of buying games in a store. found better games in bargain bins than on steam. more importantly i still have them. no accounts, just install and play. there are too many platforms and not enough games (a bugridden mess does not a game make).

Edited by LordNothing, 12 June 2024 - 07:51 PM.

#7 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 June 2024 - 02:33 PM

View PostSuperGeneralJoe, on 09 June 2024 - 01:09 AM, said:

Dual Joysticks doesn't mean...xbox controller.

Dunno. The wired xbox360 controller I bought cheap from a gamestop has served me well as a pc joystick over the years. Works superbly for racing games as well as flight and is my preferred input controller for games like gta etc. My main gripe is that many games only ship with a static button layout and won't let you customize it or only maybe select from a few pre configured setups. I have a nice hotas 1 setup too for my flight sims but I still find myself just using the xbox controller most of the time for dual sticks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users