45 replies to this topic

#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 12 June 2024 - 07:29 PM

View PostHeat Skink, on 12 June 2024 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'm having problems with IS Ac/20 carriers...
Use your Clan weapons to outrange them or outgun them.

Clan weapons are often lighter or smaller (or both) than IS weapons or they outrange IS weapons sometimes.

I'm new so i don't have many mechs to use...
Use Trial 'Mechs. They are free to use and they are always available.

not to mention i'm out of mechbays..
Buy them in the Store.

#22 TWLT S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 04:23 AM

I liked the event a lot. - Never the less maybe you should restrict the next event to IS vs IS or clan vs clan in order to adress peoples perception that the event is unbalanced...

#23 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 05:49 AM

View PostTWLT S, on 13 June 2024 - 04:23 AM, said:

I liked the event a lot. - Never the less maybe you should restrict the next event to IS vs IS or clan vs clan in order to address peoples perception that the event is unbalanced...

I've been killing plenty of Clan Medium MG boats in 3 different Bushwacker builds, the problem isn't Clan vs IS but Scouting vets already knowing the meta and newer players not having time to adapt. These events don't have a tier system or enough time to share tips and builds. I been having a blast but there have been plenty of events I have hated for the same reasons.

#24 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 254 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 13 June 2024 - 06:05 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 13 June 2024 - 05:49 AM, said:

I've been killing plenty of Clan Medium MG boats in 3 different Bushwacker builds, the problem isn't Clan vs IS but Scouting vets already knowing the meta and newer players not having time to adapt. These events don't have a tier system or enough time to share tips and builds. I been having a blast but there have been plenty of events I have hated for the same reasons.

I think that is problem with every "special" event. If we have something like 8v8 with drop decks, or something that works like normal QP, it is not problem.

But when it is these small 2v2 or 4v4 events, limited only to specific type of mechs. If you do not know what you are doing it can be very difficult to have fun. Even if you have good build that works in QP or FP, they can be not that good in these events.

When it was those Solaris events, you only see big guns or things like mechs with lot of SRM, even if you overheat, it does not matter because you explode that other mech. In normal game it is bad, but here it works.

And people who do not play these events very often are simply not prepared to completely rebuild all their mechs.

#25 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 07:22 AM

That was one of the Solaris 7 game mode problems: It required very specific builds and a very specific playstyle.

These events are often very similar and thus suffer similar problems.

#26 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Chief
  • The Chief
  • 70 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 13 June 2024 - 07:28 AM

AAAAAAAAAA Thank you so much!
I wonder if we'll be able to see more Event Queues that start mid-week and end after the weekend? It feels more inclusive with wonky work schedules and time zones like mine Posted Image
Good luck, have fun!

#27 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,959 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 13 June 2024 - 09:03 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 13 June 2024 - 05:49 AM, said:

View Posttorsie, on 13 June 2024 - 06:05 AM, said:

I think that is problem with every "special" event. If we have something like 8v8 with drop decks, or something that works like normal QP, it is not problem.

People often don't realize how much match size affects builds - brawling with big, slow 'mechs like the Atlas got much harder when we went to 12v12, for example )just because the firepower available to put them in the ground increased by 50%.) Add in size restrictions, and it's going to affect how matches work in ways that are not intuitive for a lot of players.

You can see this illustrated in the comments thus far: the two people who've actually given specific feedback for having trouble in the event each cite diametrically opposite reasons. One is getting wrecked by Clan MG boats - the other is having trouble with IS AC/20s, one of the counters to MG builds. And it really just boils down to everyone trying to adapt to the limited-tonnage paradigm. Kinda like the Crescent Hawks Inception where the biggest 'mech you could get was a 50-ton Chameleon trainer. Stuff hashes out weird, and it's not necessarily obvious to a typical player what will work, or how to change their builds to fit the situation.

#28 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,959 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 13 June 2024 - 09:06 AM

I'm having problems with IS Ac/20 carriers... I'm new so i don't have many mechs to use... not to mention i'm out of mechbays..

Try the Trial Huntsman, and use your jump jets to stay away. Most of those AC/20s are probably hunchbacks or centurions, and they're not going to be able to keep up with you very well. Keep pressure on them within your weapons' optimal range, and coordinate fire with your teammates to eliminate the location containing that AC.

#29 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 699 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 10:43 AM

Actually having fun with this one

#30 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 699 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 10:52 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 13 June 2024 - 09:03 AM, said:

People often don't realize how much match size affects builds - brawling with big, slow 'mechs like the Atlas got much harder when we went to 12v12, for example )just because the firepower available to put them in the ground increased by 50%.) Add in size restrictions, and it's going to affect how matches work in ways that are not intuitive for a lot of players.

You can see this illustrated in the comments thus far: the two people who've actually given specific feedback for having trouble in the event each cite diametrically opposite reasons. One is getting wrecked by Clan MG boats - the other is having trouble with IS AC/20s, one of the counters to MG builds. And it really just boils down to everyone trying to adapt to the limited-tonnage paradigm. Kinda like the Crescent Hawks Inception where the biggest 'mech you could get was a 50-ton Chameleon trainer. Stuff hashes out weird, and it's not necessarily obvious to a typical player what will work, or how to change their builds to fit the situation.

This is usually a problem for me when Im not very familiar with the mech Im fighting against.

Any word on the free mech of June?

#31 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIn your mech eating heat sinks

Posted 13 June 2024 - 12:28 PM

View Postmartian, on 12 June 2024 - 07:29 PM, said:

Use your Clan weapons to outrange them or outgun them.

Clan weapons are often lighter or smaller (or both) than IS weapons or they outrange IS weapons sometimes.

Use Trial 'Mechs. They are free to use and they are always available.

Buy them in the Store.
what clan weapons? what if I'm using an IS mech?
WHose paying for the mc i need?

#32 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 12:42 PM

View PostHeat Skink, on 13 June 2024 - 12:28 PM, said:

what clan weapons? what if I'm using an IS mech?
You have got Clan Faction Play badge, Clan title and Clan 'Mechpack badge.

Anyway, have you been using IS 'Mechs or Clan 'Mechs?

View PostHeat Skink, on 13 June 2024 - 12:28 PM, said:

WHose paying for the mc i need?
You are. Or you can earn MCs during various events.

#33 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 12:50 PM

View Postmartian, on 13 June 2024 - 12:42 PM, said:

You have got Clan Faction Play badge, Clan title and Clan 'Mechpack badge.

Anyway, have you been using IS 'Mechs or Clan 'Mechs?

You are. Or you can earn MCs during various events.
what events?

#34 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 12:57 PM

View PostHeat Skink, on 13 June 2024 - 12:50 PM, said:

what events?
Various events like this one.

Anyway, what 'Mechs have you been using in the current event?

#35 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 01:04 PM

View Postmartian, on 13 June 2024 - 12:57 PM, said:

Various events like this one.

Anyway, what 'Mechs have you been using in the current event?
i was told not to trust or talk with tier 1 about my account details other than what is public.

Edited by Heat Skink, 13 June 2024 - 01:06 PM.

#36 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 01:05 PM

View PostHeat Skink, on 13 June 2024 - 01:04 PM, said:

i was told not to trust or talk with tier 1.
LOL

Why?

#37 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 13 June 2024 - 02:46 PM

All I say is it's luck of the draw and skill...

You attempt a situation... you fail... you analyze what went wrong and learn from it...
You adapt and try again...

Rinse... repeat...

I'm constantly finding that with nearly 1200 mechs in my mech bays... I'm sometimes spoilt for choice and can forget learnings on ones I switch to that I haven't played in a while... currently busy re-ranking my mechs so I can see which ones need "work" in terms of build adjustments.

#38 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,959 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 13 June 2024 - 05:50 PM

View PostHeat Skink, on 13 June 2024 - 01:04 PM, said:

i was told not to trust or talk with tier 1 about my account details other than what is public.

View Postmartian, on 13 June 2024 - 01:05 PM, said:

LOL

Why?

Conspiracy theories and sour grapes. Cults do the same thing; they pick a thing, say a left-handed samoflange, and set up the cult's beliefs so that it's a sin to talk to people who have one. Then when samoflange experts tell the cult's recruits that actually, the right-handed samoflange that the cult wants to sell is the wrong part for their Thundertank, the cult's already poisoned the well against them - and Mum-Ra wins.

Meanwhile, the people who are not offering you poisoned Kool-Aid would like to help.

As far as MC, I recently spent some, so i only have 38,695 left - from events and the occasional cash purchase. It'll come to you with patience and event participation, but it can be slow starting out.

#39 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 09:24 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 13 June 2024 - 10:52 AM, said:

Any word on the free mech of June?
Check the event page: June - July 2 Free Mechs

#40 DoucheNugg3t

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts
  • Locationbeyond the dune sea california

Posted 13 June 2024 - 10:22 PM

teleporting cheater hellspwan calling you out right here, not only do you bail on your team but you teleport across the map then do your glitch twitch nonsense clown show and Im not talking about torso twisting

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users