Osiris

9 replies to this topic

#1 Corbantu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 June 2024 - 09:48 AM

No one pilots the Osiris. This is evident by there being a graphics glitch in the cockpit for over a year now. Its a shame, cuz its not too bad of a mech. Put some SRM6s on it, paint it red and put angry eyes decals on it.

For the graphic glitch, free look down while in the cockpit. You'll see your helmet clipping.

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 21 June 2024 - 02:15 PM

What? It literally one of the strongest lights in the game. 20 dps...

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 22 June 2024 - 12:23 AM.

#3 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 21 June 2024 - 02:20 PM

Pic or it didn't happen.

View PostCorbantu, on 21 June 2024 - 09:48 AM, said:

Put some SRM6s on it, paint it red and put angry eyes decals on it.

On what mech do you fit those SRM6s? It sounds bad...
The current meta Osiris is the OSR-1P with Xpulses, SRM2s and HMGs. It has a massive DPS and is a great brawler.
I'd add I personally really like the OSR-4D with 6 MPLas. This one is all about burst damage.

#4 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 22 June 2024 - 09:45 AM

View Postepikt, on 21 June 2024 - 02:20 PM, said:

Pic or it didn't happen.

The current meta Osiris is the OSR-1P with Xpulses, SRM2s and HMGs. It has a massive DPS and is a great brawler.
I'd add I personally really like the OSR-4D with 6 MPLas. This one is all about burst damage.

Hey Epikt,

Can you post the build for your OSR-1P, I tried building it in MechBB but I found I either had to strip too much armour or take too little HMG ammo.

Thanks!
CFC Conky

#5 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 22 June 2024 - 11:00 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 22 June 2024 - 09:45 AM, said:

Can you post the build for your OSR-1P, I tried building it in MechBB but I found I either had to strip too much armour or take too little HMG ammo.

Here it is. It is short on ammo, but since I mostly play this mech in comp it's OK. For long quick play matches, you can try with regular MGs.
While I'm at it, here's the OSR-4D.

edit: I've also seen people mixing HMGs with regular MGs. I don't know the build exactly.

Edited by epikt, 22 June 2024 - 11:09 AM.

#6 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 22 June 2024 - 02:59 PM

This Osiris is a nasty little guy. big fan

https://mwo.nav-alph...242d7fb2_OSR-1V

#7 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 June 2024 - 08:21 PM

View PostCorbantu, on 21 June 2024 - 09:48 AM, said:

No one pilots the Osiris. This is evident by there being a graphics glitch in the cockpit for over a year now. Its a shame, cuz its not too bad of a mech. Put some SRM6s on it, paint it red and put angry eyes decals on it.

For the graphic glitch, free look down while in the cockpit. You'll see your helmet clipping.

People play the Osiris. No one cares about the graphical glitch, which exists in many mechs by the way. The only ones that get complaints are the ones you can see without free look.

Edited by Gasboy, 22 June 2024 - 08:22 PM.

#8 Corbantu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 June 2024 - 12:58 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 21 June 2024 - 02:15 PM, said:

What? It literally one of the strongest lights in the game. 20 dps...

unrelated to the topic.

View Postepikt, on 21 June 2024 - 02:20 PM, said:

Pic or it didn't happen.

Metas are for nerds and virgins. I play on cruise control for cool control. Don't need a lot of ammo when you don't live long enough to go winchester.

osr-1p

View PostGasboy, on 22 June 2024 - 08:21 PM, said:

People play the Osiris. No one cares about the graphical glitch, which exists in many mechs by the way. The only ones that get complaints are the ones you can see without free look.

what a pity. The use of free look is a direct reflection on one's quality of character. I can only associate with freedom loving free lookers.

Edited by Corbantu, 24 June 2024 - 01:04 PM.

#9 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 June 2024 - 12:53 AM

People probably just don't get mad about an graphic issue, that only shows in freelook, when the engine is a big pile of €_&& with far bigger issues.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 25 June 2024 - 12:54 AM.

#10 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 June 2024 - 04:35 AM

Corbantu, on 24 June 2024 - 12:58 PM, said:

what a pity. The use of free look is a direct reflection on one's quality of character. I can only associate with freedom loving free lookers.

No skin off my nose, I don't need you to associate with me. Doesn't change the fact that the reason the bug escaped notice is that few people use free look, or simply don't care. Without some big fuss, it's unlikely PGI will expend resources to address it.

Edited by Gasboy, 25 June 2024 - 12:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users