New Omnimech Configs

4 replies to this topic

#1 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 June 2024 - 06:54 AM

it's time to add in more omnimech configs to even out the clan roster here are some i propose

MDD-S because the Mad Dog/Vulure needs jump jets

MLX-P laser boat mist lynx

KFX-F Because we need Hag specific mechs besides the Urbie IIC

GAR-G AP Gassu gargoyle with LBX-20

EBJ-F,EBJ-E Ebon jag F for hag variant and EBJ-E for an atm boat with energy backup

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 June 2024 - 06:58 AM.

#2 D V Devnull

• 4,296 posts

Posted 27 June 2024 - 08:16 AM

What about the Gargoyle's "GAR-J" Variant as an option? Maybe my mind has gone crazy, but it seems like this Chassis is overdue for having JumpJets available to pick. :o

~D. V. "simply feeling in June 2024 as if a Gargoyle Variant got missed" Devnull

#3 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 27 June 2024 - 08:51 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 27 June 2024 - 08:16 AM, said:

What about the Gargoyle's "GAR-J" Variant as an option? Maybe my mind has gone crazy, but it seems like this Chassis is overdue for having JumpJets available to pick. Posted Image

~D. V. "simply feeling in June 2024 as if a Gargoyle Variant got missed" Devnull
Because as much fun as the J would be it doesn't exactly appear 'unique' enough.... I don't like it either but I suggested mechs like the Arctic wolf MKII and the woodsman and caudron was like "We only making 'unique mechs' that add something new...

I would argue the woodsman although a slower timberwolf has more survivability with it's STD engine is unique, and also it's long history of being used to test new tech.

I would argue the Arctic wolf MKIi A config is a better Omni because it carries both ecm and jump jets in one mech which you can do with the current arctic wolf but at the cost of the set of 8.

Edited by KursedVixen, 27 June 2024 - 08:53 AM.

#4 D V Devnull

• 4,296 posts

Posted 01 July 2024 - 03:21 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 27 June 2024 - 08:51 AM, said:

Because as much fun as the J would be it doesn't exactly appear 'unique' enough....

I could differ in school of thought here regarding uniqueness, because the limit on a Gargoyle's Left Arm is 4 Energy via GAR-A right now. Adding the GAR-J would up that arm to 7 Energy maximum, while providing the option for up to 7 JumpJets depending on how a player desires building their Mech. It makes me wish that I could find a freely viewable image of the default loadout information in order to learn more. That's some rather unusual increases, as one must figure some of those JumpJets come only due to Energy Hardpoints being traded away. Such options will thereby force a pilot to choose whether they get mobility or attack power, and that makes for a different experience as well. :)

~D. V. "seeing the GAR-J as being a lot more unique than others give it credit for" Devnull

#5 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 July 2024 - 05:54 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 01 July 2024 - 03:21 AM, said:

I could differ in school of thought here regarding uniqueness, because the limit on a Gargoyle's Left Arm is 4 Energy via GAR-A right now. Adding the GAR-J would up that arm to 7 Energy maximum, while providing the option for up to 7 JumpJets depending on how a player desires building their Mech. It makes me wish that I could find a freely viewable image of the default loadout information in order to learn more. That's some rather unusual increases, as one must figure some of those JumpJets come only due to Energy Hardpoints being traded away. Such options will thereby force a pilot to choose whether they get mobility or attack power, and that makes for a different experience as well. Posted Image

~D. V. "seeing the GAR-J as being a lot more unique than others give it credit for" Devnull
Caldron speciifaclly told me about my suggestions like the woodsman and stuff that "it's not unique enough" so xomplain to them....

though they also whined about hitboxes on the woodsman like on it's side.... but now that I think about it the woodsman would be no diffrent than the timber wolf with it's nose sticking out. or the catapult

Edited by KursedVixen, 01 July 2024 - 05:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users