Posted 12 July 2024 - 10:14 PM

\m/

why no response, try posting in gd.

#3 Lobster in Leggins

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 July 2024 - 06:55 AM

ai killed it for me.everybody can now create nearly anything within seconds, without the need of talent or creativity.
We all gonna see how this plays out over the long run, but have the feeling that this gonna ruin more then bring to the light of day.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,038 posts

Posted 20 July 2024 - 08:36 PM

some stuff is ok, like if you want to make frank sinatra do slayer covers. i mostly stick with metal because its most resistant to fakery. though modern sound engineering is more about flattening squiggles on a screen rather than make something that actually sounds good, and thats crept into some of the newer bands. ai makes it worse because some of it sounds natural while there seems to be an effort to make humans sound as robotic as possible.

#5 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 11:16 AM

Was this AI generated? Crazy!

#6 Raffen Volt

• PipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMagistracy of Canopus

Posted 01 August 2024 - 06:02 PM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 29 June 2024 - 09:06 PM, said:

Check it out.

Great music and video! Did you write the lyrics or were they AI generated?

#7 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 336 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 02 August 2024 - 01:24 PM

View PostLobster in Leggins, on 13 July 2024 - 06:55 AM, said:

ai killed it for me.everybody can now create nearly anything within seconds, without the need of talent or creativity.
We all gonna see how this plays out over the long run, but have the feeling that this gonna ruin more then bring to the light of day.

View PostRaffen Volt, on 01 August 2024 - 06:02 PM, said:

Great music and video! Did you write the lyrics or were they AI generated?

I'm an author and a graphic designer in real life, and lots of people in those industries are afraid of AI because it's going to take their jobs etc. But not really. It's just a tool. It can help brainstorm ideas and help research stuff. It can come up with some cool concepts, but as of now, that's only just the start of something good. Relying on it entirely will have problematic results. So far. It will get better. But it will always be best as something to 'help' natural talent instead of replacing it.

Like, I'm also a musician, and I made this by starting with ChatGPT ("Write me a song about Battletech, a story from the eyes of a mechwarrior mercenary that involves brutal mech on mech combat with lasers, missiles, cannons, and lance mates dying. Include 3 verses, a repeating chorus, and a bridge."), then took the results and reformatted it and enhanced it with my own talents into something better.

Then, with the lyrics I'd finished, I went to Suno AI and started prompting for different versions of the song. I could have just made something random and been okay with it, but because of my musical skill I was able to listen to the multiple attempts by AI, know what was good, and ultimately take something and improve it with extensions until I had something I was satisfied with.

And right now Suno AI is really limited with what you can do, and "Steel and Fire" was just my second serious song there. I've made better ones since, like this rock opera I made from a Battlestar Galactica monologue:

#8 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 02 August 2024 - 10:41 PM

View PostLobster in Leggins, on 13 July 2024 - 06:55 AM, said:

As a graphician I must note something:
AI is literally AU (UnIntelligence) because it is dumb. It is a tool grant you a basis theoretically => Truth is that everything you create with AI tools need so many corrections that you could create from scratch with the same time investment. I know as I tried AI but failed miserably every time...
Where current AI could be good is to create pieces. Like a nebulae for background. Or small legs of music one could use as effects in a real music's background.
I am often see on different sites (DeviantArt is the most prominent in this regard) that more and more people fall in the trap that AI is "intelligent" unlike them. I mean, not everyone has artistic talents, but checking is a basic skill, right? I could laught so hardly when see "arts" where people has 6-7 fingers, 3 arms or limbs suddenly vanish in solid objects like ghosts... So, yes, AI for those whom on may the lower-end of intelligence-scale. Most people with decent skills could create far better things than AI...
Currently a series of chain-connected PhotoShop actions could grant better results than AI. With mere overpainted effects on a photo you shooted ends up better than a so called AI-generated art...
OR
As Renzor said: AI is good for quick concepts. Sure AI works faster than people could sketch but the end result is that much: A raw sketch at best.
As of it is now, we with some artistic skills, have no real reason to fear the AI. Maybe a decade later, maybe. But where AI could compete with talent it would always lost in terms of creativity and visualisation of our fantasy (or that is creativity?)...

#9 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 August 2024 - 09:52 PM

Cool thread. I don't have a preference on AI. Yes, I see jobs-negatives, tool-positives. I sure am looking forward to using it on those pesky editing roadblocks, that suck a ton of time and produce very little value in the end - but you still sit there like dumb #%$, : ))) perfecting it, cause details matter. You all know what I am talking about.

-Sending some good creative vibes your way, all! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users