Lock On Change

4 replies to this topic

#1 Buffknucks

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2024 - 07:03 AM

Here are my suggestions

- make lock ons only work for arm aim if the weapons are located on the arms and only lock on with the torso aim if they are on the torso.

- allowing lock on with both arm and torso with a targeting computer over a certain level (or command console)

I think this would allow higher levels of micromanagement of your mech in certain situations while remaining connected to the trade off nature of building your mech.

#2 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 13 July 2024 - 10:34 AM

If I understand what you suggest, the goal would be to be able to fire missiles at two targets at the same time (one with the arms, one with the torso).
But what exactly would be the point of doing the exact opposite of what works in the game - focus fire?

#3 Buffknucks

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2024 - 11:53 AM

Basically being able to use lrms while dealing with close range ambushes

#4 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 13 July 2024 - 01:01 PM

Ah, I see, being able to keep firing LRMs on a distant target while shooting streaks on a light harassing you.
Seems very situational, but why not.
(not sure about the dev time required though, I don't think it will happen)

#5 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 16 July 2024 - 01:48 AM

View PostBuffknucks, on 13 July 2024 - 07:03 AM, said:

Here are my suggestions

- make lock ons only work for arm aim if the weapons are located on the arms and only lock on with the torso aim if they are on the torso.

- allowing lock on with both arm and torso with a targeting computer over a certain level (or command console)

I think this would allow higher levels of micromanagement of your mech in certain situations while remaining connected to the trade off nature of building your mech.

View Postepikt, on 13 July 2024 - 01:01 PM, said:

<<< snip >>>

(not sure about the dev time required though, I don't think it will happen)

I'm sorry to report, but such a suggestion as this is impossible without reworking the Target Lock systems within MWO's environment in order to allow multi-locking of targets. Those helpful little target locks require pressing the "R" key (or whatever you have assigned) for directing your Mech's sensors onto an opponent in order to enable them, and the current system has a hard limit of one without regard to when you're doing it. :(

With that having been said, it happens that I'm not against multi-locking if one can still share locks across weapons after acquisition has been completed. That way, regardless of Target Range on the battlefields, one can dynamically switch what is firing at a given target. ;)

~D. V. "current MWO Lock-On systems prevent this idea, but I like the possibilities it could provide" Devnull

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users