- - - - -

Ultra Autocannons, Shots Per Trigger Pull?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIn your mech eating heat sinks

Posted 18 July 2024 - 04:14 AM

How many shots per trigger pull does each variation of the ultra auttocannon fire in MWO/

I"m pretty sure both uac2's fire one shot per trigger pull but i can't easily count the others.

#2 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 248 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 18 July 2024 - 07:00 AM

UAC2 - 1
UAC5 - 1
UAC10 - 2
UAC20 - 3

cUAC2 - 1
cUAC5 - 2
cUAC10 - 3
cUAC20 - 4

LAC2 - 1
LAC5 - 2

PAC2 - 1
PAC4 - 1
PAC8 - 2

cAC2 - 1
cAC5 - 1
cAC10 - 2
cAC20 - 3

PS: I hope they are all correct. Posted Image

Edited by torsie, 18 July 2024 - 07:00 AM.

#3 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,238 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 July 2024 - 08:07 AM

View Posttorsie, on 18 July 2024 - 07:00 AM, said:

UAC2 - 1
UAC5 - 1
UAC10 - 2
UAC20 - 3

cUAC2 - 1
cUAC5 - 2
cUAC10 - 3
cUAC20 - 4

LAC2 - 1
LAC5 - 2

PAC2 - 1
PAC4 - 1
PAC8 - 2

cAC2 - 1
cAC5 - 1
cAC10 - 2
cAC20 - 3

PS: I hope they are all correct. Posted Image
She said just the Uacs Posted Image

Never saw the point in the clan Uac's having to fire one more projectile...

Edited by KursedVixen, 18 July 2024 - 08:08 AM.

#4 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 18 July 2024 - 08:36 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 18 July 2024 - 08:07 AM, said:

Never saw the point in the clan Uac's having to fire one more projectile...

Balance.
Clan ACs are lighter and everything than their IS counterparts, so they introduce a bit of damage spread.
But knowing you, you will cry "ouin ouin PGI hates clans".

#5 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 July 2024 - 02:24 PM

and how is clan compensated for IS higher armor by clan acs just being lighter and yet do less DPS???? That doesn't seem fair on the Autoocannon front.... let's make Clan ballstics too less damage over time and fire slower while Inner sphere get's 2x more armor ontop of the already increased values from TT....

And your wrong clan Acs are not better in everthing under most cases aside from the light acs and Ac2 family

for example the UAc5 has one shot and no duration while the CUAC has a 0.11 second duration this is something that can be severely effected by fast moving mechs and lag

the clan AC2 is 1 slots larger than the IS version, it get's more range but does that really compensate? CLan does not get a single slot AC So tell me again how the clan ones are better?

Despite what most people think even despite clan components being smaller in most cases clan mechs are majorly made up of omnimechs with fixed components that take up space, which is a premium in an omnimech

For a quick example let's take the adder, i cannot put anythin 2 slots big into the adders Ct because of a fixed structure slot i cannot put an active probe or ASP in the head because of a fixed armor slot

and on the note of omnipods and space Clan omnis as far as space and 'lighter components' in order to put more guns OR ANY GUNS in say the left torso or right torso of a DWF or most other omnis i have to have reduced armor..... which means all those guns and equipment i put in there despite being smaller and ligher are now all of a sudden are more exposed to the generally faster cooldown IS weapons and even clan weapons.... and i'm not even including the insanely high damage rotaries.

Edited by Heat Skink, 18 July 2024 - 03:18 PM.

#6 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 18 July 2024 - 08:32 PM

if i remember right not only are clan ballistics lighter but they generally (AC/2 is an exception) take up fewer slots as well as having longer range. (don't quote me on that because i rarely if ever play clan mechs). their energy weapons do most of that while also doing more damage. i don't think one extra projectile is to much in the way of compensation for the other bonuses they get. (especially when you take in the fact that lighter and fewer slots is true for most clan equipment.) also clan XL doesn't blow you up if only one ST is blown off so they are generally faster than the equivalent tonnage IS mechs.

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 18 July 2024 - 08:33 PM.

#7 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 July 2024 - 10:25 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 18 July 2024 - 08:32 PM, said:

if i remember right not only are clan ballistics lighter but they generally (AC/2 is an exception) take up fewer slots as well as having longer range. (don't quote me on that because i rarely if ever play clan mechs). their energy weapons do most of that while also doing more damage. i don't think one extra projectile is to much in the way of compensation for the other bonuses they get. (especially when you take in the fact that lighter and fewer slots is true for most clan equipment.) also clan XL doesn't blow you up if only one ST is blown off so they are generally faster than the equivalent tonnage IS mechs.
honestly it really depends if your comparing Uacs to normal ACs... (other thant the 2) clan normal Ac's are all bigger and it seems they compensate by being as cold as the Is version, one less projectile and have more range Uacs on the other hand are smaller on the clan side.

But this totally ignores quirks which are generally higher on IS mechs which make is ballstics faster to fire

what I'm not understanding is why do clan mechs not get more armor to compensate for that slower rate of fire from all weapons as all clan weapons for the most part have a longer firing cycle meanwhile IS enjoys faster firing Acs like the ac 20 because the IS ac 20 fires one shell

In almost all cases with all weapons IS weapons have a higher DPS while their mechs carry more armor....even lasers and no thx to X-pulse range is kinda getting nullified a little. before the recent patch X med pulse had the same range as clan med pulse.

only clan large pulse had a range advantage over the large X pulse now the x-medium pulse does too

https://mwo.nav-alph...uipment/weapons

Edited by Heat Skink, 18 July 2024 - 10:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users